LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Cold, rainy afternoon here. I think I have about everything gathered that needs gathering for the suitcases. Now after I pack, Ill have to put some of it back. I did get my flu shot so that can get checked off.

Im happy that the pictures got moved off of my old phone and are safely in an album on the home pc.

Hope the sun is shining whereever you are.

Donna

We both got our flu shot last week.

Happy you were able to get your pix tranferred. I was going to mention after your earlier post that most places that sell you the new device will assist in moving most files from the current/existing devices. At least that has been my experience....most recently ATT was able to move my pics and other files from my ancient LG phone to the iPhone, although they had to make two attempts at it:cool:.

Good evening from a wet Manchester. It was lovely and sunny and fairly warm in Surrey this morning but this city is living up to it's reputation now. I shall need a coat and a brolly to go into the city and meet Peter tomorrow. Looking forward to having a chat with him over coffee before a little retail therapy in the city centre.

Fascinating to read all the chat about iPads. I would love one but again could not justify it after buying a new laptop only a few months ago. I shall be interested to hear all about them at Ade's talk though.

We have been looking at a Jewel cruise from Tampa on 17th November. It only goes to Cozumel although it is 4 nights. Does it save much on such a short cruise if you book onboard? We have Diamond discount but not stock holder benefit and I can't remember which is not combinable.

Night night,

Corinne

PS

George, your puss looks so like the late Cinnamon who breathed her last this time last year before our Eclipse TA.

Edited by cinnamon

In order not to stand in line for hours at our local Apple store or Verizon store, we ordered the Iphone online. Our SIL works in IT and is going to activate it for me. He is anxious to play with it. He probably could have done the pix transfer but it wasnt hard once we got a micro sd card and the holder that made it into a regular size sd card. Speaking of, Im wondering if out there someplace there isnt an adaptor that would do that for Samsung Galaxy. The one for the Ipad is only 8 dollars so probably worth checking.

Donna

Good evening from a wet Manchester. It was lovely and sunny and fairly warm in Surrey this morning but this city is living up to it's reputation now. I shall need a coat and a brolly to go into the city and meet Peter tomorrow. Looking forward to having a chat with him over coffee before a little retail therapy in the city centre.
Hi Corinne, I was hoping you would bring a little sunshine to the north after the past 2 days of thoroughly depressing weather here. See you tomorrow, I have a little shopping to do myself too so perhaps I can point you in the right direction!

That is a problem Peter as there is not a way to download from a SD memory card.

I only use my Galaxy for email and internet plus the Apps, photo storage I have 3 SD cards one of which I have never used, these would give me around 2,700 high quality shots, the selling point for the Galaxy with me at the time was size which is about the same size as a kindle and can also be used as such.

Thanks George, that confirms to me the benefit of my netbook. I have several SD cards but having experienced issues in the past with cards not working at some time and losing peviously taken photos that could not be recovered, I just like the opportunity to transfer my photos on a daily basis to another medium.

PETER I am in IPAD2 heaven... I just got in from Best Buy and he showed me most everything, very helpful.... and my worries over the keyboard are over.... there is an App you can download for free which has voice activation for e-mails etc....now I am trying to decide if the 16.g or 32g. don't think I need bigger.

Isn't this CRUISE critic? Not iDevice critic? This is great. We have all become friends around the world and we chat as if next-door neighbors.

Coming out tomorrow is the new IOS5 software that will store your music and photos and some documents in the cloud so as long as you have an internet connection, storage on the device is a little less important. It will synchronize your photos and music across all of your computers and idevices. Also sync wirelessly in your home. There will be a roll-out period through the end of the month so everything may not be available in all countries and on windows machines for a while.

There is little need for the 3G version if you have a phone with internet sharing or wi-fi hotspot ability as long as you don't mind having the phone within 20 feet or so of your ipad.

Apple does have the SD photo card adaptor that will let you transfer your photos to your ipad just like a laptop or netbook.

There is also a wi-fi SD camera card for your camera http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0676LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA5NQ&mco=MTgxNjEzNDY

This will let you wirelessly transfer your photos to your computer or ipad (if on wi-fi). I just ordered and am going to see how it works.

Please don't let your photos sit on your phone or pad without backing up to a home computer.

You can also send/ view nearly everything on your ipad or iphone on your TV with the $100.00 apple TV box.

Sherry, unless you are wanting to put several movies ;) on your ipad 16gb should be fine. I have a 32gb, though, just in case we might want to bring along a few more movies :).

Enough for me. Now back to CRUISE critic....WE LEAVE IN 16 DAYS :D.

George, love the pictures of your kitty.

Sherry, I have the Ipad2 with 64gb and 3G. I have the AT&T, which I can buy monthly. I love it.

Apple products are fair traded, so prices are the same. In the islands you will save on taxes.

In 2 weeks I will be leaving for Barcelona, looking forward to meeting everyone in person.

Isn't this CRUISE critic? Not iDevice critic? This is great. We have all become friends around the world and we chat as if next-door neighbors.

Coming out tomorrow is the new IOS5 software that will store your music and photos and some documents in the cloud so as long as you have an internet connection, storage on the device is a little less important. It will synchronize your photos and music across all of your computers and idevices. Also sync wirelessly in your home. There will be a roll-out period through the end of the month so everything may not be available in all countries and on windows machines for a while.

There is little need for the 3G version if you have a phone with internet sharing or wi-fi hotspot ability as long as you don't mind having the phone within 20 feet or so of your ipad.

Apple does have the SD photo card adaptor that will let you transfer your photos to your ipad just like a laptop or netbook.

There is also a wi-fi SD camera card for your camera http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0676LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA5NQ&mco=MTgxNjEzNDY

This will let you wirelessly transfer your photos to your computer or ipad (if on wi-fi). I just ordered and am going to see how it works.

Please don't let your photos sit on your phone or pad without backing up to a home computer.

You can also send/ view nearly everything on your ipad or iphone on your TV with the $100.00 apple TV box.

Sherry, unless you are wanting to put several movies ;) on your ipad 16gb should be fine. I have a 32gb, though, just in case we might want to bring along a few more movies :).

Enough for me. Now back to CRUISE critic....WE LEAVE IN 16 DAYS :D.

mmm, Paul interesting info especially about being able to transfer stuff from a SD card, many thanks. I never leave photos on my netbook or card. I transfer them onto the home PC as soon as we get home. To be honest whilst I'm away I copy them to a USB memory stick too! Interesting as we already have the Apple TV and use it extensively. Nice to know it is only $100 for you guys, here it was £99! Edited by peteukmcr

Good morning everyone, from a very cloudy London.

Trying to keep up but you are such a talkative bunch and all the techno stuff flies right over my head;)

Looking forward to meeting up on board, we leave home the morning of the 29th so if we are the last to leave, I'll be sure to turn the lights off, lock the door and cancel the milk for our roll call:D

Sue

Good morning Sue and everyone. I was debating a couple of days ago as to who would turn out the lights, you or me. ;) I too am technologically challenged. Still haven't worked out how to arrange my photo folders on the laptop, let alone post them to somewhere others can see them.

I am in Manchester and off to the city shortly to meet Peter for the first time. Strange, as I feel as though I know him already!

Corinne

Good morning Sue and everyone. I was debating a couple of days ago as to who would turn out the lights, you or me. ;) I too am technologically challenged. Still haven't worked out how to arrange my photo folders on the laptop, let alone post them to somewhere others can see them.

I am in Manchester and off to the city shortly to meet Peter for the first time. Strange, as I feel as though I know him already!

Corinne

Hi Corinne, it was so good to meet up. Hope you got what you wanted during your shopping trip but didn't spend too much!:D See you on the 29th!

One more thing that makes you scratch your head, if you share a bank account and each person has an ATM card for the account, the numbers on the card arent the same. Was told by BOA, that both numbers have to noted separately to assure safer, easier transactions. Of course DH is out (with his card) so he'll have to call when he gets home.

Otherwize all credit cards now are noted for our trip. Another item checked off.

In two weeks we will be Barcelona probably looking for dinner about now or maybe a pillow.

Donna

All of the techy talk is like listening to a bunch of kids talking about what they got for Christmas:D. So much fun and great info being shared all around.

Julie took care of debit and credit cards last week, and set up intinerary for our suitcases, kids and caretakers. Slowly coming together:eek:.

13 more sleeps before BCN and 17 before Liberty!!

Hope everyone is having a great Hump Day!!

Had as great time chatting with Peter this morning. It felt like we were old freinds, even though we had never met before. What will it be like when we all meet? :)

Bought some nice black trousers (pants) for me, a shirt for son's birthday, a cardigan for my little grand-daughter, a tie for John and a necklace and matching earings to replace some that I have had for some time and had gone home. I 'need' them for one of my formal outfits.

Now just chilling, babysitting our dear little GD who settled to sleep very easily. Bless her.

Corinne

I'm Craig from Atlanta and my last TA crossing was on a Russian ship quite some time ago. Have done several Atlantis cruises more recently and am looking forward to seeing all of you on board.

Craig, welcome aboard.:D There are 4 of us from Atlanta as well going on this cruise. Drop me aline if you might want to meet for a drink or just to say hello before the cruise.

Vic

2gacruise

at

gmail

dot

com

For any UK sailors interested in Allure (I know this is a Liberty cruise :D), Paul Merton's new TV series "Paul Merton's Adventures" starts on Channel 5 at 9 pm on Weds the 19th Oct and he sails on Allure in the first episode.

Recording all set