Carnival Valor 7/17-7/24 - The Good, Bad and Ugly!

tammi0916

Love the review so far! We're sailing the Valor, same itin on 9/25. Can't wait!!

We are sailing on 9/18-9/25 on the Valor and getting married while in Port on 9/23! It's going to be a great day to get married. ;)

Congrats to you both and I hope you have a wonderful wedding/honeymoon!

We are sailing on 9/18-9/25 on the Valor and getting married while in Port on 9/23! It's going to be a great day to get married. ;)

Congrats to you both and I hope you have a wonderful wedding/honeymoon!

Congrats!! Best of luck to the both of you, and enjoy your cruise!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Tammy,

Loved your review. Sailing on the Valor West Carribbean in November and can't wait!! This may be an odd question, but what beach did you swim at when you were in Miami? I am looking for a nice, clean, uncrowded beach somewhere in Miami if that exists. Haven't been there before, but definitely interested in doing the duck tour too.

Thanks!

Lisa

Thanks for your review. Really enjoyed reading it! I do have a question.

Did you go to all the production shows in the evening? And do the ladies in the show wear thong-backed costumes in all of them? We are traveling as a group, and none of us really cares to go see someone's backside hanging out for an hour. I know, I know. They wear skin-colored tights under them. But from a distance, it just looks like a naked behind. And yes I realize we don't have to go to the shows (I'm just trying to ward off some of the flaming I'll probably receive). That is why I am trying to determine ahead of time what to expect and if there might be one of the productions where the ladies' costumes are not so revealing. If not, we'll do something else in the evenings.

Thanks for any input you can give.

Tammy,

Loved your review. Sailing on the Valor West Carribbean in November and can't wait!! This may be an odd question, but what beach did you swim at when you were in Miami? I am looking for a nice, clean, uncrowded beach somewhere in Miami if that exists. Haven't been there before, but definitely interested in doing the duck tour too.

Thanks!

Lisa

Hi!

We went down to the beach by the Ritz Carlton and there was a great walk way and the beach was really clean in that area. It is the only area we went to so don't have anything to compare it too. But I really liked the area.

LOVED the Duck Tour and would recommend it!

Have a wonderful time!

Tam

Thanks for your review. Really enjoyed reading it! I do have a question.

Did you go to all the production shows in the evening? And do the ladies in the show wear thong-backed costumes in all of them? We are traveling as a group, and none of us really cares to go see someone's backside hanging out for an hour. I know, I know. They wear skin-colored tights under them. But from a distance, it just looks like a naked behind. And yes I realize we don't have to go to the shows (I'm just trying to ward off some of the flaming I'll probably receive). That is why I am trying to determine ahead of time what to expect and if there might be one of the productions where the ladies' costumes are not so revealing. If not, we'll do something else in the evenings.

Thanks for any input you can give.

We actually didn't go to alot of shows - the one we did there were thongs in some of the costumes but they move so fast that they are hardly noticable. They also have comedians and a magician that were all family friendly.

I do believe that most of the dance numbers would have the same type of costumes (thongs).

sorry I wasn't more help!

Enjoy your cruise!

Tam

Tammi, thanks so much for the excellent review. We'll be on Valor with the same itinerary in 39 days!! ;) But I'm not counting or anything, LOL.

Thanks for the info on the Kodak Easyshare Sport, I'll be looking into that one too. $65 seems reasonable for a good waterproof...don't really want to spend the 200-300 on the fancy ones!?

We booked a suite for our honeymoon :D mid-ship. I'll be enjoying my margaritas, so I'll be sure to leave some rum for you ;)

Hey Ally--

I was just looking through cc (I am an addict!) and saw your posting. I don't know if you remember me but we met on the Liberty cruise (well...I think that was the one--probably about 5 years ago in the fall) and hung out a bit. Anyways I saw on your signature that you are Chris got engaged...so I wanted to say congrats!! Take care!

Jess

Hey Ally--

I was just looking through cc (I am an addict!) and saw your posting. I don't know if you remember me but we met on the Liberty cruise (well...I think that was the one--probably about 5 years ago in the fall) and hung out a bit. Anyways I saw on your signature that you are Chris got engaged...so I wanted to say congrats!! Take care!

Jess

Of course I remember!! Thanks Jess! I can't believe that cruise was so long ago! Hope all is well with you guys!

Archived