Cold weather cruising question

carefreebee

Want do you do on board the ship when it’s cold outside? We depart 10/22 on the Caribbean Princess’s 7 day Canada/New England itinerary. This is my 5th cruise (2nd on CB) but the first heading into a cool climate. We hope for moderate weather but recognize in late October it could be cold, damp & windy at sea and in port.

How does ship life flow if it’s cold? Do you put on your coat to stand in line if you want some of the best pizza ever? Do they run the MUTS screen day and night like on the Caribbean cruises? (Not that I’d miss it;)) Are the MUTS blankets available to use anytime on deck? Can we get them to use on our balcony? Are any pools open? What about the Sanctuary; is it available?

What does “smart casual” look like in the MDR in late October? Do ladies wear fashion boots on board? Are fur (faux) and velvet accents too much? What is the “look” for formal night; do ladies go sleeveless and wear their strappy sandal heels or trend toward a cool weather style?

What else should I know? Any insight and helpful tips are greatly appreciated!:D

Can't help....I would never go on a cold-weather cruise! Love the heat and the sun!!!

Dinner clothes should be the same as any cruise...the ship is heated/airconditioned, so you don't need to bring winterwear for indoors! I wouldn't wear sandals that time of year, so sure, boots are fine!

Hi There

Did thw Quebec to Ft L run a couple of years ago, we started off in the snow,

ship ran asa normal pools open, muts playing etc,

still had a few folks in the pools spa pool is warm hot tubs in use,

never saw any difference apart from when it rained,

ship felt over crowded,

port days no problems put a water proof on and head ashore

yours Shogun

We did the Canada/New England run last September on the Summit. I wore dressy sandals every night to dinner. I dressed in slacks with long sleeve tops or a lightweight sweater. I also had a couple of short sleeve sweaters that I wore and was very comfortable in them. I always pack a light weight shawl to toss over my shoulders if needed. On our formal nights you still saw sleeveless dresses and tops.

Our days were always busy with "stuff" to do. We were gone for 14 nights so it is port intensive. Basically, I dressed just like I did for Alaska, layers. My husband on the other hand, worn shorts the entire 14 days. Mind you, he did get a few strange looks but he was not the only one that we saw in shorts. This is a great cruise I am sure that you will enjoy it.:)

Want do you do on board the ship when it’s cold outside? We depart 10/22 on the Caribbean Princess’s 7 day Canada/New England itinerary. This is my 5th cruise (2nd on CB) but the first heading into a cool climate. We hope for moderate weather but recognize in late October it could be cold, damp & windy at sea and in port.

Yes it is important to take the correct wearing apparel when heading up into Canada in October. This image may give you some insight as to what to expect aboard...

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i398/M888rgaret/CanadianNorth-1.jpg

we did this same cruise last year, the same time. During the day, it wasnt too bad out on deck, we didnt go into the pools but saw many that did. MUTS was playing, we had blankets and sat and watched.

Make sure you bring lots of layers. I even wore a scarf and gloves sometimes on deck.

It certainly is different than cruising in a warm climate. :D not bad, just different!

Archived