Celebrity Concierge Class Priority Embark/Disembark

dwntwnphx82

I was wondering if someone who has had experience in the concierge class, can provide more detail on the priority embark/disembark process on Celebrity. Is it speedy and convenient/flexible? Any tips/tricks? Anything special need to be done to get off the ship at the time that you want?

The 'priority' really doesn't mean much at all--lots of threads here on this topic. You basically can get on and off the ship when you want anyway. If you have a special need, just let Guest Relations know and they will adjust your departure time. We've never had a problem whether we are CC, AQ, Suite, or regular!

Hi-- we recently were on the Connie and stayed in a CC cabin. For embarkation, there was a separate line to check-in-- we arrived at the pier at approx 12:15 and were on the ship enjoying the complimentary mimosa at approx 12:35.

As far as disembarkation, you are allotted a time based on the information you provide to guest relations a few days into your cruise. for example, you will advise if you are flying, driving, etc., if flying, flight time. If you are taking the ship's transfer to the airport you will be given a special colored baggage tag and told to report to a specified public lounge at a special time. Everyone is assigned a time and place to report based on the information provided to the ship. If you have made your own arrangements for getting from the pier either to the airport, a hotel or your car, you have the option of carrying your own luggage off the ship which saves you the time of searching for it in the baggage claim area of the pier but it also means you have to "shlep it" yourself and it is a long walk and down elevators/escalators to get off the ship. For debark, being CC class doesn't really give you any priority.

Hope this helps and have a great cruise

When I have returned my disembakation form to Guest Relations, I have always been asked what time I would like, and always recieved it. Usually ask for 8am, and we are in the car and on the way home by 8.30am. This is in Souithampton, in Aqua class.

Richard

On our last cruise, we were renting a car for a little post-cruise relaxation ;). Our initial departure time was something like 7 AM, before the car rental agency even opened. I went down to Guest Relations and they happily exchanged my tags for an 8:30 AM departure.

My point on embarkation is that there are so many lines for the different categories of pax that you never have to wait long no matter what cabin you are sailing in. The next available person will check you in even if you are in a 2D and they are standing behind the "Suite Guests" counter. I don't think I have ever waited more than 5 minutes, and usually I just walk right up. There may be some circumstances/departure ports where it becomes an issue, but none that I have sailed so far.

As far as embarkation goes, there are usually seperate lines for suites, AQ, concierge and a couple other categories. Sometime the lines for the regular cabins are shorter so this can or cannot be a big deal..Also, depending on the port they may have a seperate area where you will wait and go on the ship earlier than the regular cabins. The pecking order will be suites, AQ, Concierge, Captains Club and then everyone else.

Thank you for all the responses. I am not worried about the pre cruise boarding or post cruise de-boarding. I am asking more in relation to visiting the different ports. I want to be able to get off the boat early and quickly, and just wondering if that is realistic. Sounds like CC doesn't give you the priviledge of choosing.

Thank you for all the responses. I am not worried about the pre cruise boarding or post cruise de-boarding. I am asking more in relation to visiting the different ports. I want to be able to get off the boat early and quickly, and just wondering if that is realistic. Sounds like CC doesn't give you the priviledge of choosing.

Concierge Class does not give you priority with leaving the ship at ports. The only time this would be an issue is if you are tendering to shore. In that case, the first couple of tenders will go to people in suites, Elite in Captain's Club and those with excursions booked with the cruise line that have early starts. If the ship is docking rather than tendering (as is the case with most ports) nobody has priority - you can just walk off the ship when it is cleared by local authorities.

What is it like boarding in San Juan? I see the Summit leaves there 8:30 PM. What time can CC passengers board?

The same time as all other passengers, generally around 11:30am or so if the prior sailing arrives on time and does not experience delays with debarkation.

The 'priority' really doesn't mean much at all--lots of threads here on this topic. You basically can get on and off the ship when you want anyway. If you have a special need, just let Guest Relations know and they will adjust your departure time. We've never had a problem whether we are CC, AQ, Suite, or regular!

Agree with Cathy and some others that they are pretty flexible for getting off of the ship. We did not have to catch a plane out that day of docking and called to get a later time. Easy! We were CC and boarded a little early. Around 11:15 am for a 5 pm sailing from Barcelona. We could not get in our room until around 1:30 pm, but got rid of our luggage, had our sparkling drink, explore around, had lunch, got oriented to the ship, etc. Nice!! In Villefranche, we were tendered and ask for priority tendering to shore. They gave it to us. They seemed a little confused. It might not be normal or always done for CC folks.

If in need or doubt, ASK! If reasonable, the staff tries to be helpful. From my live/blog posting noted below, you can see lots more details and large pictures on what we enjoy and how on the Solstice as first-timers to Celebrity.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. These postings are now at 28,332 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Archived