Preferred Airport for Port Canaveral Cruise?

NorthTXRanchers

While Orlando is the closest and easiest for PC, other airports are not that far if you can save significant $$ on airfare:

Tampa is about a 2.5 hour drive away, and even PBI, FLL, and MIA are not that far (3-3.5 hours). To the north DAB and JAX are other options. Good luck! :)

We are cruising in January on Freedom and I was fit to be tied with the airline costs on southwest and a few others so I started checking around. I got a good deal on Delta flying in to Melbourne, FL airport this week. Even with the charge for baggage the cost per person was almost 300 dollars different than other airlines. Check Melbourne airport...

We flew into Orlando airport, picked up our rental & were on our way. It is a straight shot from the airport to Port Canaveral (all highway). Just drive the speed limit. I've heard they watch for speeding. Even if you take other transportation from MCO to the port it should be easy. We stayed one night pre-cruise so we wanted to have the rental. And when we dropped it off before our cruise, they had a free shuttle to take us to the cruise port.

I agree...Orlando is a short drive and most major airlines fly in there.

It's a pretty easy drive if you get a rental car. We have always rented through Avis and picked up at the airport in Orlando and then drop off in the a.m. before the cruise and they have free shuttle service to the pier.

We stay at the Raddison.

Have a GREAT trip!

Tigers2425

Lori

Archived