As Oceania canceled Regatta fall 2012 ?

AzoresW

In yet another sign that cruise lines are having trouble selling Mediterranean voyages, Oceania Cruises today announced it was canceling nine sailings in the region scheduled for the fall of 2012.The upscale line says the 684-passenger Regatta, which had been scheduled to operate the voyages, instead will head closer-to-home for a series of trips along the East Coast of Canada and New England and to the Caribbean.

The new trips include a 14-night "Colonial Passage" voyage from Lisbon to New York scheduled to kick off on Sept. 11, 2012 and a 12-night "Coasts & Coves" voyage from New York to Montreal starting on Sept. 25, 2012.

Also added: A 12-night "Coasts & Coves" trip from Montreal to New York starting on Oct. 7, 2012; a 14-night "Autumn Vistas" trip to-and-from New York starting on Oct. 19, 2012; a 25-night "Enchanted Amazon" trip from New York to Miami starting on Nov. 2; and a seven-night "Caribbean Interlude" sailing starting on Nov. 27.

In yet another sign that cruise lines are having trouble selling Mediterranean voyages, Oceania Cruises today announced it was canceling nine sailings in the region scheduled for the fall of 2012.The upscale line says the 684-passenger Regatta, which had been scheduled to operate the voyages, instead will head closer-to-home for a series of trips along the East Coast of Canada and New England and to the Caribbean.

The new trips include a 14-night "Colonial Passage" voyage from Lisbon to New York scheduled to kick off on Sept. 11, 2012 and a 12-night "Coasts & Coves" voyage from New York to Montreal starting on Sept. 25, 2012.

Also added: A 12-night "Coasts & Coves" trip from Montreal to New York starting on Oct. 7, 2012; a 14-night "Autumn Vistas" trip to-and-from New York starting on Oct. 19, 2012; a 25-night "Enchanted Amazon" trip from New York to Miami starting on Nov. 2; and a seven-night "Caribbean Interlude" sailing starting on Nov. 27.

Different spin that an what "O" is saying.... "Our 2011 fall foliage cruises have been so well received by our travel agent partners and their clients that we decided to redeploy Regatta from Europe to Canada and New England in fall 2012”

In yet another sign that cruise lines are having trouble selling Mediterranean voyages, Oceania Cruises today announced it was canceling nine sailings in the region scheduled for the fall of 2012.

I think the problem may be they would have had all 4 ships in the Med at that time

So moving 1 ship back to N.A. makes sense

Trying to fill 1934 cabins for the same area would be a stretch for Oceania

I am sure they do not do things without some thought ;)

Frankly, I'm a little disenchanted with the media constantly pouncing on the economy in this manner. Not only is it agonizingly repetitive, but it cannot do any of us any good. :mad:

With the newer and more glamorous Riviera sailing in the Eastern Mediterranean in the Fall of 2012, I'm not at all surprised that they redeployed the Regatta.

Frankly, I'm a little disenchanted with the media constantly pouncing on the economy in this manner. Not only is it agonizingly repetitive, but it cannot do any of us any good. :mad:

With the newer and more glamorous Riviera sailing in the Eastern Mediterranean in the Fall of 2012, I'm not at all surprised that they redeployed the Regatta.

It makes sense but wouldn't Oceania have known that a the time they posted the sailings and schedules?

My husband & I were saying the same thing just this morning. Just look at how the stock market has responded this week to this type of thing!:(

Royal Caribbean is bringing back one of their ships early to do the Caribbean instead of staying in Europe. With so many ships in Europe, there is competition in all price ranges, and the cruise lines are reacting by putting ships where they think the demand will fill them more easily. I, for one, think the new itineraries on the Regatta are great.

Royal Caribbean is bringing back one of their ships early to do the Caribbean instead of staying in Europe. With so many ships in Europe, there is competition in all price ranges, and the cruise lines are reacting by putting ships where they think the demand will fill them more easily. I, for one, think the new itineraries on the Regatta are great.

I do, too, and I went ahead and booked one and will make deposit on it in a few days time, onboard the Regatta. :)

It makes sense but wouldn't Oceania have known that a the time they posted the sailings and schedules?

You would think so, wouldn't you? :confused:

I find it amazing that there are so many itinerary changes happening (I understand changes occurring where there is political unrest or major strikes etc or last minute changes due to weather) but Insignia's changes due to generator maintenance and then Regatta's (Is Nautica next?)... and finally this...seems like bad planning. Unless each ship has a different person planning its itineraries and they don't communicate with each other :rolleyes:, it seems bizarre that they wouldn't realise all 4 ships would be sailing in the same area, or that they would allow bookings to start before realising.

Archived