As Oceania canceled Regatta fall 2012 ?

AzoresW

Can someone confirmed that Oceania has canceled it´s european cruises on Regatta from Sep 2012 ?

Oceania Website now show a Lisbon-Halifax cruise in Sep 12, insted of a Venice-Barcelona. That must be related with the Middle East situation.

Can someone confirmed that Oceania has canceled it´s european cruises on Regatta from Sep 2012 ?

Oceania Website now show a Lisbon-Halifax cruise in Sep 12, insted of a Venice-Barcelona. That must be related with the Middle East situation.

I don't see any Regatta cruises on the Oceania Site beyond the 12 day Black Sea which sails on August 18, 2012 and ends on August 30 in Istanbul.

map-lg-REG120818.jpg

Some of them are stil posted:

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/easternmediterranean/reg121001/default.aspx

HALIFAX TO HALIFAX

12 Days aboard Regatta | Fares from $3,999 per guestSail Date: Oct 01, 2012

View All Details for this Cruise

ItineraryFaresHotelsLand ProgramsExcursionsAirOptions

Embarkation Port: Halifax

Day

Port

Arrive

Depart

Oct 01

Halifax, Canada

5:00 p.m.

Oct 02

Sydney, Canada

9:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

Oct 03

Charlottetown, Canada

8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.

Oct 04

Corner Brook, Canada

12:00 p.m. 8:00 p.m.

Oct 05

Cruising the St. Lawrence River

Oct 06

Quebec City, Canada

8:00 a.m. 9:00 p.m.

Oct 07

Montreal, Canada

7:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

Oct 08

Quebec City, Canada

8:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

Oct 09

Oct 10

Corner Brook, Canada

8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

Oct 11

Charlottetown, Canada

12:00 p.m. 6:00 p.m.

Oct 12

Sydney, Canada

9:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.

Oct 13

Halifax, Canada

8:00 a.m.

Disembarkation Port: Halifax

I think it is another "O" website issue. My TA's web site has the September through November 2012 cruises on their web site. The last being the November 22nd Barcelona - Miami repositioning.

However if you try to book them it won't allow you. Looks like they vanished from the O data base....

I like the Halifax to Halifax itin Oct 1 but I think they are just teasing us

The other cruise ends on Sept30th in IST there is no way they could get from

IST to Halifax in 24 hrs ;)

Gremlins on the O website...maybe it is the future ..2013

Lyn

Day

Port

Arrive

Depart

Oct 01

Halifax, Canada

5:00 p.m.

Oct 02

Sydney, Canada

9:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

Oct 03

Charlottetown, Canada

8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.

Oct 04

Corner Brook, Canada

12:00 p.m. 8:00 p.m.

Oct 05

Oct 06

Quebec City, Canada

8:00 a.m. 9:00 p.m.

Oct 07

Montreal, Canada

7:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

Oct 08

Quebec City, Canada

8:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

Oct 09

Oct 10

Corner Brook, Canada

8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

Oct 11

Charlottetown, Canada

12:00 p.m. 6:00 p.m.

Oct 12

Sydney, Canada

9:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.

Oct 13

Halifax, Canada

8:00 a.m.

Disembarkation Port: Halifax

Well since it looks like they may be considering this route why not sail up the Saguenay Fjord & add St Pierre/Miquelon instead of duplicating some ports ...even St John N.B. would be a good stop

anyone reading :D

Lyn

I was booked on the Nov 2012 Barcelona to Miami cruise and got a call from my TA yesterday. She said that O is changing up their itineraries and wants to put me on the Riviera's Nov 2012 TA.

I asked her what O is planning for the Regatta and she said they're doing some Canadian cruises. Where Regatta will go when winter sets in is the big question. I'm hoping for a return to the South Pacific.

I was booked on the Nov 2012 Barcelona to Miami cruise and got a call from my TA yesterday. She said that O is changing up their itineraries and wants to put me on the Riviera's Nov 2012 TA.

Interesting

If Oceania is messing about with the current scheduled cruises that is not good news for those booked for specific routes

Maybe they are counting on new cruisers because they will not make friends with past cruisers like that

I would not be best pleased if I booked a cruise for a specific area & found it being bumped to sail in another Continent:eek:

I guess time will tell

I was hoping for the Canadian route for 2013:(

Lyn

We were told Oceania is discontinuing Canada so we just booked with another line for Oct 2012. Now they are??

I called my TA after reading all the posts. She said they were just notified Regatta's 2012 med trips are canceled and will be headed to the Eastern seaboard instead. No dates or itineraries at the moment tho.

I called my TA after reading all the posts. She said they were just notified Regatta's 2012 med trips are canceled and will be headed to the Eastern seaboard instead. No dates or itineraries at the moment tho.

WOW!!

I suppose this means that the MIA-BCN TA scheduled for June, 2012 will not happen. This looks like an unprecedented shake-up.

Interesting

If Oceania is messing about with the current scheduled cruises that is not good news for those booked for specific routes

Maybe they are counting on new cruisers because they will not make friends with past cruisers like that

I would not be best pleased if I booked a cruise for a specific area & found it being bumped to sail in another Continent:eek:

I guess time will tell

I was hoping for the Canadian route for 2013:(

Lyn

Hi Lyn - Patty from last year July's trip (whiskers9). Hopefully if they are bringing it back in 2012 it will continue the following years! I've noticed on past posts you are still busy traveling - hope you and your husband are enjoying yourselves!

Hi Lyn - Patty from last year July's trip (whiskers9). Hopefully if they are bringing it back in 2012 it will continue the following years! I've noticed on past posts you are still busy traveling - hope you and your husband are enjoying yourselves!

Hi Patty

We are doing our best ;)

Hope you and yours are doing well also

Lyn

I like the Halifax to Halifax itin Oct 1 but I think they are just teasing us

Lyn

As Jim and Stan noted, Regatta's future listings on Oceania's site don't extend beyond August 30, 2012, when it docks in IST. So Oct 1 for a Halifax departure is not a problem. That would also be consistent with the Lisbon to Halifax sailing that AzoresW mentioned. But that sailing, like the Halifax to Halifax itinerary (and the rest of Sept, Oct, and Nov sailings), is no longer listed on the Oceania site. Ah, sweet mystery...

holmes2.jpg

Come, Watson, come! The game is afoot.

Lyn

Well, they could make that trip in 24 hours if they modified the flux capacitor from back to the future and installed it on board :D:D

As Jim and Stan noted, Regatta's future listings on Oceania's site don't extend beyond August 30, 2012, when it docks in IST. So Oct 1 for a Halifax departure is not a problem.

Come, Watson, come! The game is afoot.

I guess if they re-do the Sept sailings it is a possibility

Time will tell :D

Lyn

My wife and I wanted to do a cruise on Regatta in October 2012 and apparently it has been unofficially confirmed that the Regatta will be in New England/Canada after August 31, 2012.

I am sure they will be taking booking when they get the routes sorted

it just may not be where you wanted to go

Archived