PDF of New Menus

karma54915

Newbie here :o So, is the #8 everyday menu mean this is what you can order anytime in the MDR? I'm sure this has been answered before, so sorry. I leave on September 5 on the Elation and I wonder if the menu will be changed by then.

That is correct.

• 2 weeks later...
Newbie here :o So, is the #8 everyday menu mean this is what you can order anytime in the MDR? I'm sure this has been answered before, so sorry. I leave on September 5 on the Elation and I wonder if the menu will be changed by then.

Yes, it is my understanding that each night those options will be available.

Items that were an option like that prior were listed under "Carnival Classics".

I wonder if children's menu has changed at all?

Lots of the fancier restaurants are now serving upscale versions of comfort food like mac and cheese(with lobster) or meatloaf with fresh mushrooms. I think that there are cycles with food and what was old becomes new again. I am not worried.

I agree, this style of 'new Southern' cooking has become really popular lately, at least in Atlanta. We visited a restaurant recently that had amazing fried chicken and to die-for bacon mac n' cheese, but it was very sophisticated and not cheap!

I think the menus look great! There is really a good variety and I can already see myself ordering waaaaay more than is decent. The only menu that looks really blah to me is Day 3.

Sad that we will probably only be going on a 5 night cruise (first cruise, almost booked) and will miss out on two of the good menus!

Already chosen what I want to order every night of our up-coming cruise (can't wait for May & the cherry soup & chocolate/vanilla/raspberry cake!)

OK- I have to admit last cruise with so many wonderful choices, I decided to graze the lido buffet prior to our late night MDR seating. Understand the buffet may have versions of some of the main entrees (not the same presentation) and some may be missing. However usually the desserts are the same sans garnish. So, when I really can't decide on something--I grab a plate and a taste of an entree or "small" dessert. :eek:

And that is why I always use the stairs! I also wear a pedometer and during shore shopping,walking found out walk average of 3.5 miles so I justify the grazing.

OK- I have to admit last cruise with so many wonderful choices, I decided to graze the lido buffet prior to our late night MDR seating. Understand the buffet may have versions of some of the main entrees (not the same presentation) and some may be missing. However usually the desserts are the same sans garnish. So, when I really can't decide on something--I grab a plate and a taste of an entree or "small" dessert. :eek:

And that is why I always use the stairs! I also wear a pedometer and during shore shopping,walking found out walk average of 3.5 miles so I justify the grazing.

Wish I could do stairs, but it's hard with my Walker:eek:

Wish I could do stairs, but it's hard with my Walker:eek:

Yes, but you roll--and could always do the long cabin hallways.

Unless you are not using the wheeled version with tennis balls on some of the legs. I work in a dental office and see all sorts of modifications.

Love,love your Sara Palin "paraphrase".

We were on the Glory a few weeks ago and they had new menus...looked like the menus OP posted with the 'didja' line and the starter, main and comfort food sections. They had similar things to OPs menus, but had differences too...like no sweet and sour shrimp, seafood newburg, alligater fritters or the shark thingy. And the Corvina was day 3, not day 2. There was no creme brulee either. Was this because we were 'tween' the switch over or something?

We were on the Glory a few weeks ago and they had new menus...looked like the menus OP posted with the 'didja' line and the starter, main and comfort food sections. They had similar things to OPs menus, but had differences too...like no sweet and sour shrimp, seafood newburg, alligater fritters or the shark thingy. And the Corvina was day 3, not day 2. There was no creme brulee either. Was this because we were 'tween' the switch over or something?

Wow- I used to have a hard time on first night with Ribs,Sweet n' Sour shrimp and saving enough room for Creme Brulee...sigh. Perhaps it was due to menu change over (any mild chance it was weather, and food pantry stock..or was cruise pre-storm?) boo hoo if they change menu that much.

I think the menus look great! There is really a good variety and I can already see myself ordering waaaaay more than is decent. The only menu that looks really blah to me is Day 3.

Sad that we will probably only be going on a 5 night cruise (first cruise, almost booked) and will miss out on two of the good menus!

Our next Carnival cruise is also a 5 day. Any idea which days menus are left out?

On J Heald's blog he answered a question on 3 & 4 day cruises. He posted that the 4 day cruises get the first 4 menu days

while the 3 day gets days 1,2 & 4.

Already chosen what I want to order every night of our up-coming cruise (can't wait for May & the cherry soup & chocolate/vanilla/raspberry cake!)

I thought I was the only one who did that LOL

You are not alone!!!!!!;)

Looks better than I thought!

My family is sailing over Christmas and New Years and we're all getting excited.

Some in our party are both vegetarian and lactose-free. Any suggestions on how to best handle these dietary restrictions?

Thanks!

Looks better than I thought!

My family is sailing over Christmas and New Years and we're all getting excited.

Some in our party are both vegetarian and lactose-free. Any suggestions on how to best handle these dietary restrictions?

Thanks!

I know there is a special department in Carnival that handles "food" restrictions. Guest Special needs or something...give them a call.

They can alert chef, or contact you as to which menu itmes I imagine.

Call them ahead.

Here are the 7/8 day menus and 3/4 day menus in a different format with some pictures.

7/8: http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/new/index.htm

3: http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/new/3day.htm

4: http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/new/4Day.htm

AFAIK, breakfast is unchanged. My understanding is that this or similar will become the MDR lunch menu: http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalMagic/MENUS/lunch1.jpg

Here are the 7/8 day menus and 3/4 day menus in a different format with some pictures.

7/8: http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/new/index.htm

3: http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/new/3day.htm

4: http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/new/4Day.htm

AFAIK, breakfast is unchanged. My understanding is that this or similar will become the MDR lunch menu: http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalMagic/MENUS/lunch1.jpg

These are great!! Thank you!!!!:)

Archived