PDF of New Menus

karma54915

I didnt see lobster on the menu, is it gone now

They didn't have lobster on my last cruise (Dec 2010) - just some stuffed lobster dish for a New Year's Eve special. It was really weird. But that was a special itinerary cruise, so the waiters were telling us that all of the food was different.

Funny thing is someone here on the boards ( name to be unmentioned) said they do not have meatloaf on the menu and realy beratedd people for saying their was...Guess he was wrong again...lol...

Thank you for posting the new menus...Pretty muuch the same though as before....

Lobster bisque and Shrimp cocktail are a loss for us! It seems that they have cut one course. Looks like they are combining soup, salad, appetizer and started into one course. Some things look good but taking off the standards could be a mistake and the customer comments will reflect if they like the new menu or not! We can always find something to eat but we get the shrimp and lobster bisque most nights and that will be missed!

I'm pretty sure they combined the starters/salads back in early 2008 when the last had a major change to the menus.

If I want each, I just order both. I often get two appetizers and an entree. I'm a big fan of the chilled soups and will get a "regular" appetizer plus a soup. Waiter never blinks an eye.

Will miss the Duck, but looking foward to the frog legs! :D

The worst meal we ever had was on another cruise line, Turkey over pasta with green peas and now Carnival has it on the menu! LOL it's a joke with us because it looked like school cafeteria food and tasted like it. Maybe Carnival can do it better.!!! Yes there is much to choose from and after cruising with them for 20 yrs you just get used to certain things and miss others. I'm all for trying new things but prefer they be comparable. I think this menu misses the mark but soon there won't be a main dining room just a buffet and specialty restaurants.(my opinion) I'll still find plenty to eat but the quality is changing for sure.

I really like that meal on Carnival. It's what I always order the day it's offered. Granted I am mainly a turkey/chicken eater so many of the options don't appeal to me but I actually like that dish so it works out nicely for me.

I so want to try the bacon mac and cheese, that sounds wonderful! :D

I'm very excited about the new menu. There are some nights where I'll probably order from the every day menu, but that's what it is there for.

For those who are concerned about them combining the soup, salad, appetizer, and starter into one course, remember that you can order multiple items. If you want a soup, salad, and starter, then order all 3.

Navybaby now you can order the lamb and the chateaubraind on different nights and not feel like you have to choose.

As the server is really busy, here are the pdf files of the new menus for everyone to see. Bon appetite!

Thanks for posting...even though some of the 1st days are disappointing with the choices IMHO.

:confused:BTW...will just the 1st 5 days menus in this post be served on a 5 day cruise? Or will they be more mixed up what will be served on other days. Going on a 5 days cruise and sure hope the last 3 menus posted will be served on our cruise.

I looked at most of them...and I am impressed. I always liked Carnival's food better or as well as any line we cruised on.( never been on the luxury ones..Silversea..Radisson..Crystal)

and this seems like they kept my favorites..and added the ones I wished they had...

Gourmet Mac and Cheese.........HAL does that..and does it very well. Plate..or custard dish.tongue .licking good.

Fried Chicken. O.K. I am from Alabama. That WAS our fancy, Sunday Dinner..with the Angel Biscuits..the mashed potatoes..with gravy...and tiny fresh green peas.....and always served with a big relish tray..then Chocolate Layer Cake for dessert. THANK YOU CARNIVAL.

They kept the cold fruit soups. I love those. Actually..I did not see a favorite missing...

Nice to have a change. Thanks, Carnival. Thanks for posting them.

The worst meal we ever had was on another cruise line, Turkey over pasta with green peas and now Carnival has it on the menu! LOL it's a joke with us because it looked like school cafeteria food and tasted like it. Maybe Carnival can do it better.!!! Yes there is much to choose from and after cruising with them for 20 yrs you just get used to certain things and miss others. I'm all for trying new things but prefer they be comparable. I think this menu misses the mark but soon there won't be a main dining room just a buffet and specialty restaurants.(my opinion) I'll still find plenty to eat but the quality is changing for sure.

I can second that vote for the turkey goo...my dad loves turkey "dinners" and was really disappointed in that dish. It was less than tuna casserole in his opinion. For a man who loves to eat he barely touched that main course, and was offered an alernative thankfully at the time shrimp cocktail choice.

Thanks for posting, what was your source? Are these in order do you know?

You're welcome. I downloaded them off John Heald's Blog (at work when I was supposed to be working:eek:). I believe they are in order, and they are for a seven day cruise so, D71 would be day 1, D72 day 2, etc. The ED7 are the everyday choices.

Now I downloaded the new Desert menus off the site today (again at work:eek:) Again looks like they are for a 7 day cruise...

OMG Chocolate Melting Cake EVERYDAY!! Whoo Whoo:D

DE71.1104.pdf

DE72.1104.pdf

DE73.1104.pdf

DE74.1104.pdf

DE75.1104.pdf

DE76.1104.pdf

DE77.1104.pdf

My only real disappoint with the new menus (besides the shrimp cocktail no longer on the anytime menu) is that the St. Louis style ribs are only available the same night as the lobster tails and prime rib.

I agree with you --used to live them on first night--but to move them to formal night?? BBQ sauce and potential white dress shirts??

Wonder how long before that gets changed. Maybe if they offer the three most popular or expensive on same night it lesses amount needed for each?

Archived