Allure/Oasis zipline question

DonnaK

Would like to try the Zip line have had knee replacement and my other one isn't to good. How is the landing at the end of the zip line is it hard on your knees and back? Does size matter I am 6'7" will that effect anything as you can see I have never been on a zip line.

I'm packing for our upcoming cruise, and my kids wanted me to clarify if they needed to bring athletic shoes for the zipline.

I thought I read somewhere that shoes were provided.

The zipline was great! I didn't pack ANY tennis shoes when I was on the Oasis, then I started to freak out because I didn't think about the zipline and rockwall activities. No worries though, they provide shoes for you, you are just required to bring a pair of socks. Also, you can't have any jewelry, sunglasses, etc, and must be dry! They wouldn't let us ride fresh out of the pool. Most people in line were wearing flip flops and just brought a pair of socks, I didn't see many people with their own tennis shoes.

I'm not sure about the rock wall. We were too busy, I didn't have a chance to try it :(

Do you have to take off your glasses if you can't see without them, or is it just sunglasses that have to be taken off?

All glasses, jewelry, anything. Rings were left on though. They don't want objects to fall on the people below!

Would like to try the Zip line have had knee replacement and my other one isn't to good. How is the landing at the end of the zip line is it hard on your knees and back? Does size matter I am 6'7" will that effect anything as you can see I have never been on a zip line.

Landing was a fine for me. They have someone on the other side that basically grabs you and pulls you in.

But if in doubt hold your knees up when you get close to the platform! I've heard of some people bumping their shins, though I never actually saw anything like that happen.

To update the glasses situation, I received an email from Royal Caribbean. They said that, upon request, eyeglass straps are provided so you don't have to take your glasses off. I'm printing the email just to be safe.

To update the glasses situation, I received an email from Royal Caribbean. They said that, upon request, eyeglass straps are provided so you don't have to take your glasses off. I'm printing the email just to be safe.

The e-mail will do you no good if they don't have any eye glass straps though. It isn't like they will suddenly find some just because you produce an e-mail from someone in Miami.

I plan to wear my sneakers, but I'm asking for clarification about the PURPOSE of the requirement. Is it to keep loose shoes from falling off? If so, it seems that strap sandals would work. Or is it also to protect your toes when landing? If that is the case, how can just socks work?

If you leave a buddy behind with your stuff, how long does it take for you to get back to the beginning so your buddy can go?

Kathy

I plan to wear my sneakers, but I'm asking for clarification about the PURPOSE of the requirement. Is it to keep loose shoes from falling off? If so, it seems that strap sandals would work. Or is it also to protect your toes when landing? If that is the case, how can just socks work?

If you leave a buddy behind with your stuff, how long does it take for you to get back to the beginning so your buddy can go?

Kathy

You can't go with just socks. I think you are confusing that you can bring socks and they will provide shoes. Though I never saw them provide shoes for the zipline, only for the rock wall. And the shoes are to protect your toes during landing. If you ever caught them on the edge of the landing platform I think you would be less than comfortable.

Once you are unhooked from the zipline you could be back at the staring point in less than 2 minutes depending on how fast you walk.

You can't go with just socks. I think you are confusing that you can bring socks and they will provide shoes. Though I never saw them provide shoes for the zipline, only for the rock wall. And the shoes are to protect your toes during landing. If you ever caught them on the edge of the landing platform I think you would be less than comfortable.

Once you are unhooked from the zipline you could be back at the staring point in less than 2 minutes depending on how fast you walk.

Thanks, Oceanboy. Just the information I needed.

Kathy

The e-mail will do you no good if they don't have any eye glass straps though. It isn't like they will suddenly find some just because you produce an e-mail from someone in Miami.

They "gave" me a strap, but then demanded it back. As if a $.50 RC imprinted strap would break the bank...:rolleyes:

They "gave" me a strap, but then demanded it back. As if a $.50 RC imprinted strap would break the bank...:rolleyes:

I was thinking about buying one before going on the ship. I'd hate to have the accountants chasing me around all week.

Archived