What is the weirdest thing you have taken on your cruise?

woldridge

Okay, being English, I now have to ask the question.

What is, and why a cheesehead?????

One of these attractive hats that the citizens of Wisconsin (known for cheese) wear all the time:

Vaughn%20cheesehead.jpg

Click the photo for others

We made the ship's video of cruise highlights (available for purchase for the low, low price of $29.99). At dinner a few nights later, a couple with whom we were seated, upon learning we were from Wisconsin, asked if we had watched the game on the big screen in the theater. Of course, we said. They said they were seated the night before with a couple from England who went to see what all the fuss was about. The Brits reported that they enjoyed the experience, but were still puzzled about "the gentleman sitting towards the front of the theater with what appeared to be a large piece of cheese on his head?" They had no idea what that was all about.

I, too, was on a ship on Super Sunday. Like you, I'm a beloved Packer fan - but brought only my #12 Jersey along (I wasn't sure a cheesehead would be appropriate on a Seabourn vessel-lol). My daughter wore a Steelers #43, and we divided up the theatre accordingly to watch the game. When Green Bay won, I got to blow the ship's horn as my reward - that was fun!:)

I will leave it to you to explain the cheesehead origin to willma.:D

Okay, being English, I now have to ask the question.

What is, and why a cheesehead?????

The state of Wisconsin is famous as a dairy-producing state. Its motto is "America's Dairyland." Illinois residents began referring to Wisconsinites as "Cheese Heads" in a derogatory manner, but the term was embraced by us, leading to the production of foam headgear worn proudly, mostly at sporting events, but occasionally elsewhere (church, university graduations, the state legislature). There is now a plethora of related items. I couldn't talk DW into wearing a Cheese Bra.

We take 2 4 inch high teddy bears everywhere ! Got the first one just after we got married 17 yrs ago and then found him a friend about 15 Valentines ago ! We call them Mr and Mrs T Bear and they have been on every holiday at home and abroad with us since --- and have now had photos taken is some of the world's most amazing locations. :D:D:D

Sad we know but fun and they have just become part of our holiday tradition ! About 5 years ago we were on top of a mountain in Austria with a couple we had met on our holiday. They produced the 2 teddy bears they had and sat them on the table. We added our two so we have a photo with all 4 together!

This year we looked down on the balcony below and saw someone's small Pekachu sunbathing with the elderly couple below ----------

We're not all totally daft really !

Quite a few years ago, I read of a passenger (she posted on CC), that brought along a "black light" to check for suspect contaminants in and on the bed. She was stopped at the pier, and the black light was confiscated.

Now THAT is a weird thing to bring onboard.

There was another case where someone did bring a black light, wrote a big review on it, it was absolutely ridiculous.

There was another case where someone did bring a black light, wrote a big review on it, it was absolutely ridiculous.

Don, I wonder if we're talking about the same person. This one was banned from cruising Celebrity and Royal Caribbean.

Karyn

Archived