What is the weirdest thing you have taken on your cruise?

woldridge

We love time on the balcony, but often the view is less than great because of salt crusting on the balcony railing glass. Attempts to clean the window with a fluffy white washcloth :rolleyes: often makes matters worse, not better. Attempting to capitalize on the view on our upcoming B2B2B Constellation cruise, I am packing a small squeegee. May work, may not, but for $2 it is worth the try. This has got me to wondering what others might pack that would be considered weird, and not traditional, so what is the strangest thing you have packed?

Barb

We love time on the balcony, but often the view is less than great because of salt crusting on the balcony railing glass. Attempts to clean the window with a fluffy white washcloth :rolleyes: often makes matters worse, not better. Attempting to capitalize on the view on our upcoming B2B2B Constellation cruise, I am packing a small squeegee. May work, may not, but for $2 it is worth the try. This has got me to wondering what others might pack that would be considered weird, and not traditional, so what is the strangest thing you have packed?

Barb

On my 30 day cruise to South America last fall I took my Kefir making kit. Need it for my GERD problem. Got the milk from the buffet every other day, strain it and drank it. Quite easy to make. But it takes up quite a bit of room in my suitcase.

Stan:cool:

A picnic :eek:

I had packed us a luxury breakfast picnic for our long coach ride to Southampton from Yorkshire. The driver only stopped once for coffee on the 5 hour journey so we didn't get to eat it. It lasted about 3 days in the fridge :D

A friend we met on a Med cruise brought his mother along. She had always wanted to go to Europe but never made it before she died. Mike brought his mom's ashes and left a little of her in Monte Carlo, Venice etc. Linda took Pictures of Mike sprinkling her ashes with captions of "Mom in Venice", "Mom in Naples" etc. It was a very warm and heartfelt experience.

Nancy

A Palm Tree!

511617253_dYFg8-M.jpg

We've brought it on two crusies where we've had a large aft veranda.

I have to admit I copied this idea from our cruise friend, Bob, who posts here as Bob278

When I saw the topic, I thought of Bob's palm tree on the Hawaii cruise!

Weirdest things for Phyl and I are the handcuffs and chains, live chickens, and clowns.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Like most males I can pack everyhting needed for a two week cruise in a small carry-on. The War Department (a.k.a. Mrs. B.) does not take cruising or packing lightly (no pun intended).

In addition to enough clothes, shoes, makeup, paraphenalia, etc. for a small army, she never leaves home without her collection of undrilled designer bowling balls or her extensive collection of custom engraved manhole covers and on certain cruises her matching set of 20's era art deco cement mixers.

Each cruise Celebrity requests that we notify them 45 days in advance of sailing with the number of long tonnes madam is bringing aboard. They need to load the appropriate amount of ballast to counteract the weight of her luggage.

:eek::D

A blow up bed so one of us could sleep on the balcony or in the hallway of the FV corner aft on the Millie. I snore, he's an insomniac. We took a separate rolling duffel bag just for the bed.

Shoot, I suggested taking along an inflatable bed on a recent thread about a snorer and it was pooh-poohed-- what about the bugs? The birds? The sea spray? The luggage space?

. .........They need to load the appropriate amount of ballast to counteract the weight of her luggage.[/b]

:eek::D

High 5.....Pilot70D....!!.... but I now have a lump on my head because of you, as I fell of my chair laughing. :D;)

My husband came to my rescue , read your post, and said he thinks he may have pushed your luggage around many airports by mistake. :rolleyes:

Four times, we cruised at Christmas due to daughter's college schedule. So we packed a small Christmas tree, stockings, a snowman plug-in nitelite and a set of multi-colored lights. We now pack the set of lights and snowman on all cruises. The colored lights provide a pleasant ambiance in the cabin. And the snowman nitelite is perfect for the bathroom. Now every cruise is "a holiday" in more than one way.

Our last cruise was booked for the first week of February, and the Super Bowl, Green Bay vs. Pittsburgh, was played the first full night. Being a loyal Packer fan, I took my cheesehead. It compresses fairly well.

Excellent!!! Being a fellow Pack fan I would have loved seeing you in that on Super Bowl Sunday!!:D

Excellent!!! Being a fellow Pack fan I would have loved seeing you in that on Super Bowl Sunday!!:D

We made the ship's video of cruise highlights (available for purchase for the low, low price of $29.99). At dinner a few nights later, a couple with whom we were seated, upon learning we were from Wisconsin, asked if we had watched the game on the big screen in the theater. Of course, we said. They said they were seated the night before with a couple from England who went to see what all the fuss was about. The Brits reported that they enjoyed the experience, but were still puzzled about "the gentleman sitting towards the front of the theater with what appeared to be a large piece of cheese on his head?" They had no idea what that was all about.

Quite a few years ago, I read of a passenger (she posted on CC), that brought along a "black light" to check for suspect contaminants in and on the bed. She was stopped at the pier, and the black light was confiscated.

Now THAT is a weird thing to bring onboard.

Archived