Irene Hitting Princess Cays

CRLess

The facilities manager stayed at Princess Cays and his first report is that the damage isn't as bad as expected. Not sure what that means but it should be fine for the return of cruises next month. Everyone was evacuated from HMC so no report from there yet.

Thanks PAM IN CA for the update on Princess Cays...guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best on our November cruise. Since we haven't previously enjoyed Princess Cays (and we thoroughly enjoyed Half Moon Cay on our HAL cruise and liked Great Stirrup Cay on our NCL trip) we were really looking forward to another experience on a private island. We've been to Nassau several times now, and would prefer the private island experience. With that being said, what will be-will be, and we'll make the best of the situation one way or another. Being away on a cruise is such a treat, the private island experience is just icing on the cake.

Debjo

The facilities manager stayed at Princess Cays and his first report is that the damage isn't as bad as expected. Not sure what that means but it should be fine for the return of cruises next month. Everyone was evacuated from HMC so no report from there yet.

That's great news Pam! Whether or not PC is a beach day or a stay on the ship day, it's definitely nice to have a choice, and it sounds like we'll have that option this fall and winter.

I wonder how Turks & Caicos fared...from reports on The Weather Channel (not that we ever watch the weather channel living on the coast in North Carolina..;)) it looks like Irene hit Turks hard. Those islands are so flat, and the structures probably not built as well. Those poor people...

Thank's Pam,We are looking forward to visiting PC next month.

We love the private island experiance,and can't wait to snorkel next to the lifeguard stand.

Thanks for this Princess Cays update Pam! :)

I wonder how Turks & Caicos fared...from reports on The Weather Channel (not that we ever watch the weather channel living on the coast in North Carolina..;)) it looks like Irene hit Turks hard. Those islands are so flat, and the structures probably not built as well. Those poor people...

Been e-mailing with Blue Water Divers on Grand Turk and they had their power back on Wednesday afternoon. Their office is in town on the Osprey Beach Hotel property so would assume the rest of town and the island is in pretty good shape. Irene seemed to track south of Grand Turk.

Been e-mailing with Blue Water Divers on Grand Turk and they had their power back on Wednesday afternoon. Their office is in town on the Osprey Beach Hotel property so would assume the rest of town and the island is in pretty good shape. Irene seemed to track south of Grand Turk.

I'm gad to hear they are OK. We went out with them last cruise and they were very nice people.

There is certainly nothing wrong with having the ship to yourself, but I prefer white sandy beaches and turquoise waters to a tiny swimming pool. I enjoyed the snorkelling on the island too. I enjoyed my recent visit to Princess Cay (even though a uncrowded pool on the ship can be nice too!)

We too love visiting Princess Cays......we hope a lot more people stay on the ship.

Archived