Can you bring a can of pop to the MDR?

Missiowa

Hello, My hubby really likes Pepsi with his meals. Carnival only sells coke. Can he bring a can of Pepsi into the dining room to drink with his meal or would that look tacky and frowned upon? Don't want to look rude but he would prefer Pepsi instead of buying a coke.

Hello, My hubby really likes Pepsi with his meals. Carnival only sells coke. Can he bring a can of Pepsi into the dining room to drink with his meal or would that look tacky and frowned upon? Don't want to look rude but he would prefer Pepsi instead of buying a coke.

No problem. I do it all the time. I have even made my own mixed drink and brought it into the dining room.

I bring canned sodas into the theater for the evening show also.

When we bring red wine onboard I will get red wine glass from the bar, pour it in my cabin and bring it to dinner with me.

Could do the same for your pepsi.

Edited by SadieN

Yes. You will actually see many people with a glass of wine - (tacky or not - it is seen a lot) or soda. You are allowed to bring wine and soda onboard and to avoid the corking fee on the wine, people line up with the big class from their cabin filled with wine. There are worse breeches of etiquette on the ship and you will have plenty of company bringing drinks to the dining room

Also bar service is often not good in the dining room, so many buy a drink at the bar and bring it in.

We brought our soda to dinner with us. Sometimes a can of soda, sometimes a glass of wine.

To be honest, I wouldn't know if anyone else did because I never really paid attention. So, I would be surprised if anyone even noticed me bringing a drink to dinner. :D

sure. you can bring anything you want in.

Thats right, Bookcreator, drink service can be snail slow in the MDR. Yes there have been times I had to get up and head to the bar and get my own. Food waiters always seemed embarresed to see me do this. This has happened on two different Carnival cruises.

You can bring drinks into the MDR (even a can of pepsi).

However, you could bring your drink into the MDR in a glass

if you do not want to appear tacky...

Hahaha!!! I was thinking the same thing!!! Just wasn't gonna say it. I get reported alot so gotta lay low.

not if it comes out of a box. :rolleyes:

anywho, no one will know how where or why you are carrying anything into the mdr.

I will know if I am drinknig red wine out of a white wine glass. :D

The bars do have different wine glasses. Red, white, champagne. Never had a problem getting what I needed.

Once it is in the glass no one knows where it came from. Unless of course you drink your wine in the wrong glass.;) The ones in the cabins are white wine, YMMV.

Don't get me started on the different types of beer glasses/mugs/steins.:p

31XYSMY5DPL._AA160_.jpgred wine glass

317ST5FJTFL._AA160_.jpgwhite wine glass

I bring a can of soda to the MDR every night. On the first night, I ask for a glass of ice and they oblige. Each of the other nights, there's a glass of ice waiting for me.

I also order a whiskey sour with dinner from the bar waiter, so they probably don't mind my soda too much. :D

Its no big deal..Carnival is not that classy-be polite, be respectful and then, do as you please-its your vacation. Now-dont get me wrong, I love carnival-but we book with them bc they are what we can afford-as do a lot of other people. I imagine if you went on a high end line, they may "frown upon" carrying a can of anything around with you-but really-carnival is way more laid back. My opinion is be kind and considerate to others-if your actions will not harm others, go for it...and bringing a can into the mdr will do no one harm.

I plan on bringing some beers in based on what I've read about the bar service.

In fact I'm going to wear a belt that will hold all of my beers sorta like grenades, maybe even the strap across my chest so I don't clutter up the table. Or should I just bring my rolling cooler? Only on non elegant nights of course. LoL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1