Is Military Benefit now sliding scale?

cherylandtk

Pete,

From what I gather, it now shows up as soon as you are booked. If direct with Princess it is on the Balance and Payment page. If with a TA they can see it on their balance page and can send you a confirmation.

For everyone that has military status, the Military Benefit should now show as an active onboard credit in the Circle Savings, I think with or without a cruise booked. This trumps having to apply for the credit for each booking.

Pete,

From what I gather, it now shows up as soon as you are booked. If direct with Princess it is on the Balance and Payment page. If with a TA they can see it on their balance page and can send you a confirmation.

For everyone that has military status, the Military Benefit should now show as an active onboard credit in the Circle Savings, I think with or without a cruise booked. This trumps having to apply for the credit for each booking.

Cherylandtk

Thanks I am booked with a TA so that is perhaps why I dont see it on the balance and payment page, and I dont have one.

I do as stated have a military credit, but that does not show on the circle savings area, although I have an email into the military benefits folks

Thanks again have a good day

Pete

The $50 that we all saw in the Circle Savings section of My Princess is a perpetual unapplied amount.

That explains the "phantom" $50 in OBC I see in my View Balance and Make Payments v.s. Circle Savings. :rolleyes:

My cruise is 7 days so I get $100 Military OBC. :D

It would clarify if Cruise Personalizer labeled OBCs by category, not just display the total amount.

Copied from the Military OBC request (pdf format) as of May 23 2011:

Onboard Credit Amounts

OBC AMOUNT PER QUALIFIED PASSENGER

USD

6 days or less

$50

7-13 days

$100

14 days or longer

$250

It would clarify if Cruise Personalizer labeled OBCs by category, not just display the total amount.
Yes it would. It does break it down if you click through from the My Princess page into the Circle Savings page and then to the Onboard Credit detail page. What shows on the My Princess page seems to be the UNapplied, pending credit. Not the total amount. Or maybe they are still in transition and don't have everything entered into the system yet. That may be what is going on with Pete:

Pete,

Not sure why you do not yet see the Phantom $50 on the My Princess page. Is this the first time you have used the credit with Princess? Maybe one has to cruise first before it shows up? Or maybe they are still in the process of adding people to the database...or something else. Do keep an eye on your page and let us know if it shows up eventually.

Correct this is the first time I have used the credit and will keep checking, I checked the email again and the response was ..... your booking # has been issued a $100.00 military benefit shipboard credit.... Outstanding, now to find it, we cruise in Feb wonder if that makes a difference

Neat stuff I am enjoying the chat nonetheless

Pete

Correct this is the first time I have used the credit and will keep checking, I checked the email again and the response was ..... your booking # has been issued a $100.00 military benefit shipboard credit.... Outstanding, now to find it, we cruise in Feb wonder if that makes a difference

Just be sure to bring a copy of the e-mail with you on the cruise in case the credit does not show up on your onboard account.

Just be sure to bring a copy of the e-mail with you on the cruise in case the credit does not show up on your onboard account.

Caribill, you bet I always have a neat little folder, copies of the passports, emails with all the stuff pertaining to the trip and I appreciate the note

Pete

My daughter may go on a cruise with us in another cabin, but her husband is stationed in Korea right now..will she get a military credit or does her husband have to be w/ her?

Sorry, unless she qualifies based on her military service, she will not get the benefit. It is only for the person who is or was in the military.

Correct this is the first time I have used the credit and will keep checking...Pete
Then my guess, and it is only that, is the perpetual credit listing shows up in the system after the first cruise. Or maybe they are still adding in the past military guests and have not gotten around to the new guests. Or perhaps they used an arbitrary cutoff date. Oh, and Tk said to tell you Semper Fi. ;)

Mona, we are assuming TA's will be able to see the applied cruise OBC much as they can see it now, and same as FCC related OBC. Whether your TA will include it in any confirmations is up to the TA. People who book directly with Princess can see the OBC in their payments page.

10 days is $100 OBC and should show up as noted in above paragraph. The $50 that we all saw in the Circle Savings section of My Princess is a perpetual unapplied amount. Since the military benefit applies to all future bookings it is just sitting there at the lowest amount, similar to the OBC that comes with a ghost FCC. Except the FCC OBC goes to a specific booking or expires. The Military OBC never gets used up-once it gets applied to a specific cruise it also goes back to a pending status for the next cruise- and that does not expire for longer than any of us need to worry about.

Search is disabled.. See the sticky at the top of the main boards.

cherylandtk,

Thanks for answering all my questions....this info really helped me!:D:D

We just booked today and this is the info we received. I think the range is due to the length of the cruise.

Have you served in the

US or Canadian Military??

If you are active, retired, or honorably discharged

(with two years minimum service) you qualify for up to $ 250 ADDITIONAL "THANK YOU" Bonus Shipboard Credit! Combinable with most promotions!

6 nts- $ 50 per cabin

7 - 13 nts- $ 100 per cabin

14 nts. or longer- $ 250 per cabin

Pete

My husband's Military OBC has never showed up in our Princess account prior to sailing any of the 3 times we have received it. However, it has always been available with no trouble at all! I always do bring the email, just in case.

Semper Fi

Neat stuff I am enjoying the chat nonetheless

Pete

Then my guess, and it is only that, is the perpetual credit listing shows up in the system after the first cruise. Or maybe they are still adding in the past military guests and have not gotten around to the new guests. Or perhaps they used an arbitrary cutoff date. Oh, and Tk said to tell you Semper Fi. ;)

Cheryl and TK

Semper Fi and thanks

Pete

Pete

My husband's Military OBC has never showed up in our Princess account prior to sailing any of the 3 times we have received it. However, it has always been available with no trouble at all! I always do bring the email, just in case.

Semper Fi

Sunneesmile

Semper Fi thanks for the response, I always have the admin clerk take care of those emails, wait that would be me

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

OK , thanks to all of you for this thread, I posted a new thread because I could not get my search feature to work. and then "cherylandtk" gave me this link and that helps. I also have what I was calling the mystery 50 listed on my circle credits page, and what you have described must be it.I have already made final payment and My military credit and shareholder credit has already been posted on my accounts payment and balance page on the personalizer, but this must somehow be connected with it. Ours is a 14 day cruise so we get the 250 credit , I think that is why I was confused with the 50 amount. Anyway I am in good company . Thanks again for all the information.

Cori

Archived