Drink Package was best cruise deal ever!

boyerd

I know which sheet to select, it's the unlabeled columns, cells that don't automatically update when it looks like they should, and handful of cells showing up as broken that are making me think there's a problem. ^_^

The values in column B is sometimes given with a . (dot) instead of a numeric separator , (comma), which renders column G to report a value error.

I'm gonna replace the dots with commas and see if it makes any difference. At least it seems that way.

I can open the spreadsheet, but I can't change the values in the formula column. The formulas come up, but the numbers that are in the sheet will not change. Help!!!

In the google docs archive menu choose 'save as', 'excel', to get a local copy.

This way you can make all the neccessary changes in the document.

Edited by daxwise

• 2 weeks later...

It's a valid question, although I don't think they will allow it.

Maybe some very nice bartender will allow that, but I wouldn't bet on it.

It's the same as only having half a Midleton Rare ($25) or an eighths of a glass of expensive bubbles. There's a fixed price, and we have a fixed plan/budget.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks very much for the info. Interesting though, do you know if you wanted one of the drinks in the souvenir glass are you charged for it in full and if not in full how much?

It was more the ease of the drink of the day than the glass I was interested in - you know, just grabbing one - but as you can order a frozen drink anyway sounds good!

I was on the Infinity last year to Alaska, bought a hot chocolate in a thermos, and yes they charged me full price.

Thank you to all who took the time to post the beverage offerings and share their experiences with the packages.

When I first learned of the packages, I dismissed them out-of-hand. I operate under the assumption that, if the cruise line offers it, it is an arrangement that is to their benefit and not mine. While I would enjoy an occasional specialty coffee or a poolside drink and usually drink wine with dinner, we don't drink soda and eschew bottled water out of our concern for the environment and the energy resources it consumes.

I can now see how for some people it would be an intelligent choice because of the amount they drink. However, if I upped my liquid intake that much, I would be spending an inordinate portion of my vacation in the loo. May I express my admiration for the capacity of your bladders?;)

Princess has a coffee card that's good for a preset number of lattes/cappuccinos, etc. I wish Celebrity had something similar.

I'm screaming but not at anyone. I've read over and over that buying the drink package that you have to drink so much to make it worth the money. And yes I do drink more with it. In fact I went on a RCCL cruise last summer with an OBC of 100 and left with change. Now the reason I buy it is the ease of it. A few soft drinks, a couple large bottles of water when leaving the ship, a before dinner drink, a couple of glasses of wine, and a specialty coffee after dinner and you easily spend more than the daily cost. Can you cruise without it? Sure you can but it's so much more fun to have it. Well to each his/her own. Just don't call people that do buy it drunks or lushes.

• 1 month later...
I actually got the Premium Non Alcoholic Package on our cruise, and it was wonderful. I drink a lot of bottled water, I love smoothies, I adore fancy coffees, and while I prefer alcoholic cocktails, I am content with the non-alcoholic versions. I still drank a fair amount of wine, but we just paid out of pocket for it. My husband did not get a drink package, and really wished he had. As much wine as he drank, we might have saved money with a package, and he might have indulged in and enjoyed a few more drinks.

We're definitely going to get some version of the drink packages next time we sail with Celebrity.

It was a nice surprise to discover I could pick up some water at the station just getting off the ship as part of the package. They had large bottles and soft drinks too.

Angie

Forgive me if this has been asked, I have been reading and reading and my eyes are crossed.:eek: I see you both grabbed the bottles of water as you are walking off the ship. Does anyone know if you could grab a soda and a water....or maybe a beer ;) to take with you to the beach? Or do they only allow you one thing at a time with the non-alcohol package too?

I would also like to know if you can get more than one thing at a time.Like a coffee and a sparkling water?Or coffee and juice?I can understand not more than one of the same thing at a time,but a couple different things would make it easier to take to my balcony to enjoy.

Laura

I would also like to know if you can get more than one thing at a time.Like a coffee and a sparkling water?Or coffee and juice?I can understand not more than one of the same thing at a time,but a couple different things would make it easier to take to my balcony to enjoy.

Laura

Greetings

On our recent Equinox cruise "most" servers would let you get coffee and fresh juice/water together. There were a few "only 1 drink at a time" servers, but if the manager was near, he quickly ok'd it. I think you will have no problems. It's when you try to get 2 mixed drinks or a mixed drink and a beer that they will refuse.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

On our recent Equinox cruise "most" servers would let you get coffee and fresh juice/water together. There were a few "only 1 drink at a time" servers, but if the manager was near, he quickly ok'd it. I think you will have no problems. It's when you try to get 2 mixed drinks or a mixed drink and a beer that they will refuse.

Good Sailing

Tom

Thanks.I am buying a premium non alcoholic package so they won't have to worry about me ordering any kind of alcoholic drink.

Just returned from the Med. cruise on the Solstice and I purchased the Premium package. I was undecided before the cruise but I am so glad that I did as it was well worth it. My wife did not get the package nor was she required to.

Was your wife able to drink off of your package? I will be going on the Solstice in July and am not sure if I should buy one package for my fiancé or two packages for both of us.

I drink my share on our cruises but WOW - that is a LOT if drinkin'!

EDIT: I did not realize the original post was from September. It's the original post I am referencing.

Edited by Sascol

I'm screaming but not at anyone. I've read over and over that buying the drink package that you have to drink so much to make it worth the money. And yes I do drink more with it. In fact I went on a RCCL cruise last summer with an OBC of 100 and left with change. Now the reason I buy it is the ease of it. A few soft drinks, a couple large bottles of water when leaving the ship, a before dinner drink, a couple of glasses of wine, and a specialty coffee after dinner and you easily spend more than the daily cost. Can you cruise without it? Sure you can but it's so much more fun to have it. Well to each his/her own. Just don't call people that do buy it drunks or lushes.

Exactly my thoughts. In fact my husband just said, yes, I'll go on another cruise where I can order drinks as much....... or as little as I want without thinking about the cost.. So, I will just add the cost of the package into the cost of the cruise and it changes his frame of mind completely. ;) Makes us both happy. After a few all inclusive resort vacations we really realize that there is something more relaxing about just being able to order what ever to drink without a second though...I am not even going to bother to figure out what amount I would have to drink to make it financially worth it.. It is worth it anyway to me.. I know I will drink more water with the package and thats a good thing..

Edited by ccletzgo