Guy Fieri made me a burger!

tink24

From press release

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2011/10/05/what-is-fun-ship-2-0.aspx

At Guy's Burger Joint, Carnival and successful restaurateur, cookbook author and television star Guy Fieri have come together to cook up the best burgers at sea, and best of all, they're free! Guests have a choice of delicious fresh-off-the-grill burgers designed by Fieri, or they can make their own at a condiment bar by adding a variety of tasty toppings. Burgers are complemented by hand-cut fries. For lunch, a snack or dinner, guests can drop by this laid-back poolside dining venue modeled after a road-side burger joint off an iconic coastal highway.

love this marketing wording.

they are not free. they are included in your fare. and they are not usually eaten in addition to your "3" meals.

it should read, "there is no additional charge".

i'm sure carnival will be very happy making burgers instead of lobster tail or prime rib to those that want it.

"for free".

love this marketing wording.

they are not free. they are included in your fare. and they are not usually eaten in addition to your "3" meals.

it should read, "there is no additional charge".

i'm sure carnival will be very happy making burgers instead of lobster tail or prime rib to those that want it.

"for free".

Just curious...do you actually have time to cruise or do you spend all your free time being negative on CC? Obviously not everyone agrees with all the 2.0 upgrades but if it doesn't affect you personally, why comment?

Just curious...do you actually have time to cruise or do you spend all your free time being negative on CC? Obviously not everyone agrees with all the 2.0 upgrades but if it doesn't affect you personally, why comment?

my apologies. i thought i signed onto a message board.

i must google and research the purpose of such.

"Like"

"Like"

That's the beauty of the IGNORE feature here on CC ;):D

How to put a poster on the Ignore List so you don't have to read their crap.

1] Click on their name

2] Click "View Public Profile" from drop down box

3] Click "USER LIST" under their name in the top left corner

4] Click "Add to Ignore List"

5] Click "Yes" to confirm

That's all there is!

You're welcome. :-)

My enjoyment of this board has gone up exponentially since " Ignoring" certain posters.

Guy was on Sirius/ XM radio a little while ago. He flew in tons of raw ingredients and cooked most of the day for any channel that wanted to interact with him. Even had his son there, who was on summer break, and it was the most genuinely inspiring listening experience I can ever remember.

This man is exactly the same on tv, radio, or just with people like the OP got to experience. I'm so tired of arrogant celebrities that are two faced. I'd pay a price for his cuisine just because he is a sincerely good person.

How to put a poster on the Ignore List so you don't have to read their crap.

1] Click on their name

2] Click "View Public Profile" from drop down box

3] Click "USER LIST" under their name in the top left corner

4] Click "Add to Ignore List"

5] Click "Yes" to confirm

That's all there is!

You're welcome. :-)

My enjoyment of this board has gone up exponentially since " Ignoring" certain posters.

Thank You for the information, I have always wondered how to ignore all the negative comments made by that poster. :)

I have been to one of Guy's restaurant (Johnny Garlic's) a couple of times - nothing to write home about and one time I walked out (although it was due to service and not food issues).

The other restaurant he has in town just seems to have too weird of a menu to go to (Tex Wasabi's - its a mix of sushi and BBQ - reviews haven't been great).

While the idea sounds intriguing I would rather they add an 'in and out' or a '5 guys' then a 'Triple D' Burger but hey at least it's 'free' or 'included' depending on how you want to split hairs.

Does he know the Spirit is sailing to Hawaii 12/2/2011 ?

Spirit is going in to dry dock the first of the year but will not receive the 2.0 upgrades (Guys etc.) because the ship is destined for the Aussie market next year. Sorry....I do think the ship is getting a newer slide version..wow?

I have been to one of Guy's restaurant (Johnny Garlic's) a couple of times - nothing to write home about and one time I walked out (although it was due to service and not food issues).

The other restaurant he has in town just seems to have too weird of a menu to go to (Tex Wasabi's - its a mix of sushi and BBQ - reviews haven't been great).

While the idea sounds intriguing I would rather they add an 'in and out' or a '5 guys' then a 'Triple D' Burger but hey at least it's 'free' or 'included' depending on how you want to split hairs.

Watched him on T.V. He wants to use 25 spices along with tons of garlic of which over powers the others spices. He uses ingredient that the normal person will not use. He is not a cook. I like CCL hamburgers and will not waste my time with his. Hey CCL if it ain't broke leave it alone.:mad:

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There's a bit of a Love/Hate for Guy's Burgers on the ship reviews here. But Serious Eats web site (you'll need to google it to) just did a review of Guy's new American Kitchen which opened in NYC recently. Here's how they described Guy's Big Bite Burger (which goes for $14 smackers:eek:)

Guy's Big Bite Burger ($13.95) suffered from over-breadage, too: a massive "garlic bread brioche" that dwarfed the fast-food portioned patty inside. Bun notwithstanding, it wasn't a bad burger by any means; it delivered the juicy, beefy satisfaction of, say, a Wendy's burger. (Though for the price, that's about a dozen Wendy's burgers.) But "Guy's Pat LaFrieda custom blend of all-natural Creekstones Farm black Angus beef" ends up leaving no particular impression. The much-discussed "Donkey Sauce" (mustard, mayo, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic--but that's no fun to say) ends up getting somewhat lost in the bun and toppings—"LTOP (lettuce, tomato, onion + pickle), and SMC (super-melty-cheese)."

Don't recall what they called the fries and rings on the Liberty, but here's the spin when you're paying $10 for a side of fries:

The "Bleu-Sabi" also shows up in Vegas Fries ($9.95), quite a confusing thing. Called "A throw-back to Guy's UNLV day's!" [sic], they're fries tossed in Buffalo sauce (whose presence we hardly noticed) in a portion that, at most restaurants, would be a side dish. The "Bleu-Sabi" essentially delivered what was promised—a creamy, not-too-funky blue cheese sauce laced with a noticeable but mild wasabi kick—but a "dish" worthy of $10, this was not. For that amount, go for the also-overpriced but generally better Rojo Onion Rings ($9.95), with an appealing panko crust and a slightly spicy ranchlike dipping sauce that ended up being one of the best things we tasted. It tastes like something they'd deliver with your Domino's order to dip your breadsticks in (though if that were served at Guy's, it'd probably be "breadstix.")

And in conclusion overall:

What we found wasn't a disaster, per se. But if one turned up in a suburban mall next to a Cheesecake Factory... we'd send you to the Cheesecake Factory. Hands down. Walk down the block and get a burger and concrete at Shake Shack—that's your ticket to Flavortown.

I realize that everyone has a different taste in burgers, but when S.E. also recommends wandering over to overated Shake Shack for your burger fix in NYC versus Guy's you gotta think twice about hitting the joint. No love lost for the interative Guy's 3-D on TV either.

Archived