All Aboard for CC's 1st Ever "HAL-O-Ween Dam Cruise"

Heather, mechcc and I do talk to each other. Any questions for this cruise will be answered by mechcc so no one will be confussed. We just thought that sometimes mechcc posted "DH....." and other times "DW....." and this might be confusing.

Laura, sorry to hear you have been ill. Get well soon!!!

Can't wait till April 2 on the "O Dam" first HAL cruise.

:D

We will be booking an aft S cabin, and would be happy to host a Sailaway party, if anyone is interested. After searching the archived posts, it appears that those on the 5th deck offer the most cabin room AND verandah room. Correct?

• Administrators

Hi Folks!

I'd like to thank you all for being so patient. It is TOTALLY my fault that you don't have pricing yet. I'm very adament that a few very important items get worked out BEFORE I send along pricing to your fearless group leader....

It is interesting to note that HAL has a very quirky way of allocating cabin space to a group. I need to ensure that everyone who wants to book this group can do so at the rates we post. I'm working very hard to make sure that we have 'enough to go around'. My Mom always taught me "if you don't have enough for everyone....you can't bring it out!.

Please bear with me until tomorrow....I promise you something by mid-day.

Laura

We will be booking an aft S cabin, and would be happy to host a Sailaway party, if anyone is interested. After searching the archived posts, it appears that those on the 5th deck offer the most cabin room AND verandah room. Correct?

Robntawn--

That's a great offer - Thanks!!!

We'll just have to take you up on that - if not the very first sailaway, then a sailaway from one of the islands...;)

Yes - the aft-corner suites on Deck 5 seem to be the have the largest verandahs - although those on the other decks aren't exactly lacking for space either...

BTW - I'll be hitting the 40 this Summer...:cool:

SGirl -

Glad that you're able to make the trip with us! Welcome Aboard!!!

LauraS--

Thanks for the note - we appreciate you helping Heather put this together for us!

I'm here and reading your posts. But, until we get some quotes to "dish" about or it becomes April 29th and we get to toast again, I don't have a lot to say.

BTW, congrats on your blue ribbon. And, which group leader with a April 2006 cruise did you speak to (NCL Star or Jewel of the Seas)? Misty is leading the first one and I am cruising with her group in August. I can't wait to meet her after all our corresponding.

Also, I was wondering what the ages of everyone are (can I ask that without offending anyone?) It seems like from all the discussion of giving up booze years ago (and I think someone said they did so in their 30s) that DH and I might be on the younger end of the group (not that there's anything wrong with that--we actually cruise with HAL because we like the older crowd). I am 39 next week (although I will be 40 by the time we cruise!) and DH is 46.

Ok, on second thought, maybe I do have something to say. :-)

Lisa

Lisa,

I'm beginning to believe that we are the "old" people on this cruise, but like Heather said, age is a very subjective thing (Heather, I'm paraphrasing here). DW is 60 and I'm 65. I know, I robbed the cradle:) .

Richard

Hey everyone!

mechcc: It's so awesome your b'day is on this cruise. DW's is the day after your's! We'll have TWO b'days to celebrate!

LauraS: Thanks for checking in with us.

TYMAN: I think stanford's girl is going to call HOL and have Santa cut you off his list!

Laura (ekerr): I hope you feel better soon.

For the record I'm 44 and Gina is 43 (She'll be 44 when she get's ON the ship but 45 when she gets off!).

Heather, mechcc and I do talk to each other. Any questions for this cruise will be answered by mechcc so no one will be confussed. We just thought that sometimes mechcc posted "DH....." and other times "DW....." and this might be confusing.

Laura, sorry to hear you have been ill. Get well soon!!!

Can't wait till April 2 on the "O Dam" first HAL cruise.

Ah Ha! I knew I wasnt seeing things! hehehehe and since no one else said anything, I sure wasnt going to! hehehehe too funny!

Hi Folks!

I'd like to thank you all for being so patient. It is TOTALLY my fault that you don't have pricing yet. I'm very adament that a few very important items get worked out BEFORE I send along pricing to your fearless group leader....

It is interesting to note that HAL has a very quirky way of allocating cabin space to a group. I need to ensure that everyone who wants to book this group can do so at the rates we post. I'm working very hard to make sure that we have 'enough to go around'. My Mom always taught me "if you don't have enough for everyone....you can't bring it out!.

Please bear with me until tomorrow....I promise you something by mid-day.

Laura

Laura, thank you so much for posting!!! I love you for that! At least everyone knows now that you are working on our behalf. We really appreciate it and we'll all be so excited to see what you can do for us.

Love your Mom's line!!! LOL:D

Hey everyone!

mechcc: It's so awesome your b'day is on this cruise. DW's is the day after your's! We'll have TWO b'days to celebrate!

Make that 3 Birthdays...

...the night before the cruise is Stephen Card's birthday & I told him we're celebrating with or without him!!!

We need someone to keep track of these Birthdays and Anniversaries for our group so that we can arrange the appropriate "Kodak Moments"...;)

...so I hearby nominate Ziggy "Queen of Lists"

The list so far :) I will work on Anniversarys next :)

Almost for Positive:

HeatherInFlorida (2) Jan 2nd BD

EKerr19 (2) April 1st BD

bepsf (2) July 24th BD

Sail7Seas (2)

Iggipolka (1 or 2) Nov 11th BD

K&R Curt (2) DW Nov 4th BD

Kryos (1) Jan 16th BD

Llham (2)

ExaltHim (2) Nov 21st BD

Mechcc (2) Nov 3rd BD & DH April 24th BD

Oceanwench (2) Feb 4th BD

Pudgesmom (2) Aug. 15th BD

Renorita (2) Oct 2nd BD

Tyman (2) Dec 1st BD

Ziggy (2) Dec 7th BD & DH Nov 23rd BD

Trubey (2) Oct 19th BD

Sinbad37 (2) Oct 30th BD

DFD1 (2) Jan 30th BD

RichCrow (2) March 15th BD

LisaBrooke1130 (2) April 4th BD

Robnlawn (2) Nov 27th BD

JBHCW

mgmgkdx

StanfordsGirl (2) Aug 13th BD

Maybe's

JohnR49er

Adamsmark Aug 1st BD

SHayesShip July 21st BD

CDR Mark Aug 3rd BD

Nanner

Patval

Boards Sept. 22nd BD

ziggy, ziggy, ziggy ... you are way too efficient!!! We only needed the birthdays just before and around 10/28 to 11/4! That way we know how many birthday parties to have:D . But that was excellent work!!!!

BTW, Llham wrote me that she and her DH can't come. They live in Canada and a whole bunch of stuff came up about buying cars and coming down here the month before to pick them up so it doesn't work for them to come back at the end of October. Nothing personal! It's not us!:o

The list so far :) I will work on Anniversarys next :)

Almost for Positive:

HeatherInFlorida (2) Jan 2nd BD

EKerr19 (2) April 1st BD

bepsf (2) July 24th BD

Sail7Seas (2)

K&R Curt (2) DW Nov 4th BD

Kryos (1) Jan 16th BD

Llham (2)

ExaltHim (2) Nov 21st BD

Mechcc (2) Nov 3rd BD & DH April 24th BD

Oceanwench (2) Feb 4th BD

Pudgesmom (2) Aug. 15th BD

Renorita (2) Oct 2nd BD

Tyman (2) Dec 1st BD

Ziggy (2) Dec 7th BD & DH Nov 23rd BD

Trubey (2) Oct 19th BD

Sinbad37 (2) Oct 30th BD

DFD1 (2) Jan 30th BD

RichCrow (2) March 15th BD

LisaBrooke1130 (2) April 4th BD

Robnlawn (2) Nov 27th BD

JBHCW

mgmgkdx

StanfordsGirl (2) Aug 13th BD

Maybe's

JohnR49er

Adamsmark Aug 1st BD

SHayesShip July 21st BD

CDR Mark Aug 3rd BD

Nanner

Patval

Boards Sept. 22nd BD

I didn't see my name down under "almost for Positive" - Please add Brenda (aka BRFAN - if anyone is curious it stands for Blue Rodeo fan, my favourite music group). I probably will be travelling solo. I was on the Westerdam the end of January (Western Caribbean) and had a great time. I really liked the ship.

Also anyone else from Canada? I'm in Ontario, roughly 2 hours east of Toronto. I noticed you also had birthdays. Mine won't fall during the cruise but it's 5 Feb.

Brenda

ziggy, ziggy, ziggy ... you are way too efficient!!! We only needed the birthdays just before and around 10/28 to 11/4! That way we know how many birthday parties to have:D . But that was excellent work!!!!

Maybe we'll do like the little kids do in Kindergarten - all the kids that have birthdays in the summer get cupcakes on the last day of school...

We can have an "Un-Birthday Party" for the rest of us on the last day!

Llham wrote me that she and her DH can't come. :o

That is too bad - I hope you let them know that if their circumstances change that they are still more than welcome!

I didn't see my name down under "almost for Positive" - Please add Brenda (aka BRFAN - if anyone is curious it stands for Blue Rodeo fan, my favourite music group). I probably will be travelling solo. I was on the Westerdam the end of January (Western Caribbean) and had a great time. I really liked the ship.

Also anyone else from Canada? I'm in Ontario, roughly 2 hours east of Toronto. I noticed you also had birthdays. Mine won't fall during the cruise but it's 5 Feb.

Brenda

Brenda, I definitely have you down but you wrote after I posted that list. I can't go back and update it. But you're on my list here for sure!!! Not to worry! Don't forget that when we get our quote we'll have a message board all our own so I'll have one thread that will be updates for who's onboard!

Brian, of course I did! Linda is a very nice person who doesn't post much, but I've emailed with her quite a bit. She knows they're more than welcome. I would have enjoyed meeting her.

Maybe this will become an annual event and as it grows we can pick our own itinerary! Like HMC, HMC, HMC, HMC and HMC.:D

Okay, by popular demand (and without birthdays or anniversaries:D ), here is the latest list for our "ship of fools" (just kidding!!!;) ):

Almost for Positive:

HeatherInFlorida (2)

EKerr19 (2)

bepsf (2)

Sail7Seas (2)

Iggipolka (1 or 2)

StanfordsGirl (2)

K&R Curt (2)

Kryos (1)

ExaltHim (2)

Mechcc & SchertzCruiser (2)

Oceanwench (2)

Pudgesmom (2)

Renorita (2)

Tyman (2)

Ziggy (2)

Trubey (2)

Sinbad37 (2)

DFD (2)

RichCrow (2)

LisaBrooke1130 (2)

Robnlawn (2)

JBHCW

mgmgkdx

brfan (1)

pta191

Maybe

JohnR49er

Adamsmark

SHayesShip

CDR Mark

Nanner

Patval

MFinn

SFishermiami

The list so far :)

Wow..impressive list!

My wife has asked to be known by the nick Drayke. Her birthday is June 15th.

I'm 35 and she's 45. Yup..10 year difference. The funny thing is that she acts younger than I do!

Okay, by popular demand (and without birthdays or anniversaries:D ), here is the latest list for our "ship of fools" (just kidding!!!;) ):

Almost for Positive:

HeatherInFlorida (2)

EKerr19 (2)

bepsf (2)

Sail7Seas (2)

Iggipolka (1 or 2)

StanfordsGirl (2)

K&R Curt (2)

Kryos (1)

ExaltHim (2)

Mechcc & SchertzCruiser (2)

Oceanwench (2)

Pudgesmom (2)

Renorita (2)

Tyman (2)

Ziggy (2)

Trubey (2)

Sinbad37 (2)

DFD (2)

RichCrow (2)

LisaBrooke1130 (2)

Robnlawn (2)

JBHCW

mgmgkdx

brfan (1)

pta191

Maybe

JohnR49er

Adamsmark

SHayesShip

CDR Mark

Nanner

Patval

MFinn

SFishermiami

Heather, I have boards on my list, didnt he say he was going ??? on the other thread ???? Let me know :) Thanks!

I updated my list as of today :)

Sorry I misunderstood the reason for the list. I think this one is fun, I will narrow it down as to the cruise when we get closer :)

Archived