All Aboard for CC's 1st Ever "HAL-O-Ween Dam Cruise"

If you haven't already read about it on our other thread, a bunch of us have organized the first ever HAL CC Group Cruise. We’ve decided to call it the “HAL-O-Ween Dam Cruise”. It’s planned on the Westerdam 10/29/2006 for 7 days in the Eastern Caribbean! We know it seems like a long way off, but before you know it some of us will be packing our “Naughtycal” themed Halloween costumes and boarding the Westerdam in Ft.Lauderdale. Others of us (like me) will be leaving our costumes at home:D .

LauraS is working with preferred agencies now and will soon have the details for us. At that time we’ll have our own message board and link to all booking information.

So far we have almost 50 people (25 cabins) pretty positive they’ll be boarding with us. We’ve been talking about this on the “HAL CC Group Caribbean Cruise” with over 300 posts. If you want to read back through all our plans, here a link to that thread: Cruise Critic Message Boards - HAL CC Group Caribbean Cruise ~ Final Poll

I’ll be the Group Leader for this cruise and EKerr19 (Laura) is going to be co-leading with me. Ziggy (Debbie) is our “Cabana Girl” in charge of booking cabanas and Renorita (Rita) is our “Costume MaDAM” (for those so inclined to masquerade on Halloween) .

We also have Trubey (Lane and Susan) working on a website for us. So come join the fun! If you want to be added to our list of hopeful cruisers, post here first, then send an email to HeathersIsland@aol.com and come join the fun!!!

Looks good Heather!

I also want to note that I will not be wearing a fruit hat and singing "I'm a cabana banana girl and I like to sing!"

I have sent an email to Trubey asking if its possible to set up a cabana page with photos, if you have pictures, testimonials or such and are willing to send them in to me, my email address is Ziggysmoney@yahoo.com

I would love to hear from you all :)

Looks good Heather!

I also want to note that I will not be wearing a fruit hat and singing "I'm a cabana banana girl and I like to sing!"

I have sent an email to Trubey asking if its possible to set up a cabana page with photos, if you have pictures, testimonials or such and are willing to send them in to me, my email address is Ziggysmoney@yahoo.com

I would love to hear from you all :)

Heh Heh Ziggy, would that be to the tune "I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok! :D

We have a lot of catching up to do to get this thread past 300 posts!

Tomorrow we toast to our new Name! :) :) :)

Rita

Heh Heh Ziggy, would that be to the tune "I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok! :D

We have a lot of catching up to do to get this thread past 300 posts!

Tomorrow we toast to our new Name! :) :) :)

Rita

hehehee I was thinking more inline with "I'm a Chiquita Banana and I want to say"

When I go on the Volendam in less then two weeks (the count down is real now) and am enjoying the turquoise cabana I will take studious notes and report back.

Steve Hayes

Thank You Steve! I would really appreciate all the help you can give me :)

Not to belittle Himself's need to be at home on November 1, but we need to be at sea on November 1st because it's our anniversary! We were married during a cruise (Oosterdam 2003, on the island of Malta) and want to be at sea every anniversary, if we can manage it. We are going to miss 2005 because of the Oosterdam charter, see: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=140313

But, this Westerdam cruise fits in perfectly with our plans for 2006! We are looking forward to having our martini tonight. DH kind of rolled his eyes at me last night when I told him the plan to have a toast on the 29th of every month, but he has never turned down a martini! Looking forward to hearing the pricing from Laura and thanks Heather for organizing this!

Lisa

I have a question regarding the toast tonight.

Does it HAVE to be a martini? I was planning on making some painkillers for our toast. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has seen fit to carry Pusser's British Navy Rum and I thought...why not?

Happy first 29th of the month! I'll toast with my Diet Coke;) !!

I was thinking so many of us have used the turquoise cabana at one time or another that maybe we should build around that. Ziggy, what I like is the orange isn't far away and I don't know what color the one on the other side is, but that's fairly close as well. It could be quite a gathering spot:D . You can have a thread on our forum devoted only to cabanas and Rita can have one just for costumes, etc.

Brian, what is "Ahem"????

SHayes, once we've got the prices and everything, we'll have an entire forum just for our cruise so I'm not sure if anyone will want to keep this one going. But it is a good way to let people know about the cruise and provide a link to the message board and booking info.

I’ll be the Group Leader for this cruise and EKerr19 (Laura) is going to be co-leading with me. Ziggy (Debbie) is our “Cabana Girl” in charge of booking cabanas and Renorita (Rita) is our “Costume MaDAM” (for those so inclined to masquerade on Halloween) .

We also have Trubey (Lane and Susan) working on a website for us. So come join the fun! If you want to be added to our list of hopeful cruisers, post here first, then send an email to HeathersIsland@aol.com and come join the fun!!!

I think Brian's Ahem, means you forgot to list him and his duty, like you did with us girls :)

Debbie:

I just looked at your pictures from your Zuiderdam cruise and saw that you renewed your vows on HMC. We did that too, on our first anniversary to the day (November 1, 2004). It was absolutely fabulous and the Oosterdam crew did a fantastic job. For the price ($129) it was the best thing going--we got flowers in our room, dinner at the Pinnacle Grill, a bottle of wine, a corsage for me and boutenniere for DH, the ceremony itself, a nice little reception with champagne, chocolate-dipped strawberries, and some appetizers right there in the HMC chapel, a photo album full of pictures from the ceremony, a certificate from the captain, and 2 picture frames! I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to add a little something to their cruise (and their love life!)

K&RCurt:

I think you can toast with whatever you want to! The point is to remember (and look forward to) the cruise. I just remembered that, in cleaning out my fridge last week, I threw out the cranberry juice I had for making cosmos. So unless I am going to stop at the store on the way home tonight just for that (which is unlikely), we may be toasting with something else ourselves.

Lisa

I think Brian's Ahem, means you forgot to list him and his duty, like you did with us girls :)

Ziggy, you are correct! And that was a huge and practically unforgiveable oversight:o . My only excuse is I don't think we gave Brian a title. So I'll await his chosen title, but in the meantime Brian has an extraordinarily important challenge arranging our Bon Voyage get together on Saturday night, October 28th. Maybe we should call him him our HAL-Host or our BVH (Bon Voyage Host)!

Brian will handle and pay for a massive Bon Voyage party to be held at the ballroom of his choice in Fort Lauderdale the night before our cruise. And may I say thank you, Brian, on behalf of all of us!!!:D

I'M KIDDING!!!!! He's not really paying for it;) , but he will be arranging it for us. So how about a title for Brian?

Here's my latest tally of names for our cruise! If I've left you out, let me know ... heaven knows I'm not perfect:D :

Almost for Positive:

HeatherInFlorida (2)

EKerr19 (2)

bepsf (2)

Sail7Seas (2)

Iggipolka (1 or 2)

K&R Curt (2)

Kryos (1)

Llham (2)

ExaltHim (2)

Mechcc (2)

Oceanwench (2)

Pudgesmom (2)

Renorita (2)

Tyman (2)

Ziggy (2)

Trubey (2)

Sinbad37 (2)

DFD (2)

RichCrow (2)

LisaBrooke1130 (2)

Robnlawn (2)

JBHCW

mgmgkdx

Maybe

StanfordsGirl (2)

JohnR49er

Adamsmark

SHayesShip

CDR Mark

Nanner

Patval

About the Martini on the 29th. Is that 17 Martinis tonight and then 16 next 29th??? :confused:

OK, now 17 Martinis for me and 17 Martinis for DW, that's 34 Martinis tonight, I guess I'll be stopping at the package store on the way home.

:D

About the Martini on the 29th. Is that 17 Martinis tonight and then 16 next 29th??? :confused:

OK, now 17 Martinis for me and 17 Martinis for DW, that's 34 Martinis tonight, I guess I'll be stopping at the package store on the way home.

:D

Yes, Mechcc, that's absolutely right:D ... you have to start with the 17 and count down. If you make it to the last month with your head on straight, then you're ready for this cruise.;)

Archived