I need a great hotel in Rome!

PalmBeachMom

Re the St. Regis....It's Starwood. We stayed there last year for 3 nights using our Starwood Pts. & it's lovely but..... Always get a courtyard facing room & NOT under the gym....unless you enjoy going on the treadmill even if you're not actually ON the treadmill. They did upgrade us & include breakfast - major score. Very convenient to where the hop-on/off bus stops near the train station & some funky neighborhood restaurants within a 15 minute walk. Nice experience.

Fantastic blog. I've read some of it, but going back to read on more locations you have been to. What I love is you give a do it yourself guide, with prices.

Thank you,

donna

Donna;

Thank you very much for such kind words, I do this as a labor of love and service to my fellow cruisers on CC, people who want to travel see a little more than the usual tourist stuff and experience a little adventure along the way. I DO NOT get any reward of any kind except nice words from people like you and fellow cruisers on CC who post a "thanks".

Glad you enjoyed.

http://www.crusinbob.com

Thanks, again, to my fellow CCers for the suggestions!

I am staying at the Hassler Roma! Yes, it means less shopping during the cruise but I want to experience it once in my life. The Hassler's website price was as good as any of the discounters, so I booked directly with the hotel, explained my airline flights (arriving Rome 8 am) and they have agreed to give me early check-in as well as transportation to Citavecchia to board the PRDM on the 7th, for a VERY reasonable fee.

You made a wonderful choice. It is a true classic wonderfully, luxurious hotel with outstanding service. There is Nothing they cannot and will not do for you.

You will be right at the Spanish Steps and that means " Via Condotti." Just to window shop there is a treat.

Easy walk to a great many of Roma's must see sights and their roof top restaurant is out of this world with unbeatable views.

Enjoy!!!

Hope you enjoy the Hassler. We stayed at the Boscolo Exedera several years ago and absolutely adored it. The Exedera is an elegant, hotel with first class service and very large rooms by European standards.

There is a lovely rooftop restaurant and infinity pool plus two other restaurants and a wonderful outdoor plaza to have afternoon tea.

We spend two nights here post cruise and it was one of the highlights of our trip.

http://exedra-roma.boscolohotels.com/

Jonathan

hello!

We stayed at Best Western Canada - at Via Vicenza 58 in Rome. We have been extremely impressed with BW in Europe. THis is our 6th time!. They have a great price which includes a awesome breakfast (which saves you from buying breakfast). We took the HAL transfer from Rome hotel to Ship. It was a 15 min cab drive from our BW Canada hotel to Hotel Principio (where HAL had all guests that were in Rome prior to cruise to meet). Hotel Principio is excellent but extremely expensive.

You can book the BW thru their regular website, get discounted prices for AAA, AARP, etc. and you have the flexibility you dont have to put a deposit. They also normally give you a 24hr prior to arrival date cancellation policy.

So, because of their booking flexibility, discounts, excellent hotel, service, breakfast and location -we were very impressed with it and will stay with them again should we visit Rome in the future.

Archived