Project Breakaway Names/Finalist

Davechipp74

Yes, we too want to know where it's going! I was a little late to this party and just learned of the Breakaway project a couple of days ago.

At least thru this thread I learned that bookings may start in October. Surely they will tell us WHERE the itineraries will go if we are booking....right?

We're looking for Fall 2013....

And I also agree -don't really care what it's called.

Kathy

I would imagine at least one would be based in Europe, possibly from the UK.

In an interview earlier this year NCL general Manager Francis Riley was quoted as saying.

As well as growing international markets Stuart said NCL remained “set on growing the UK” further and although it currently focuses on fly-cruise packages he did not rule out bringing a ship to the UK.

NCL previously operated Norwegian Jade out of Southampton before moving capacity to more lucrative routes although it has two new ships on order for delivery in 2013 and 2014 that will add capacity to the Mediterranean.

“We definitely do not rule out coming back into the ex-UK market but it’s highly competitive at the moment and our view is we are better served by a having broader distribution with our fly-cruise market,” Stuart said.

In Europe Germany and Spain are fast growing markets for NCL although the UK remains its largest international market outside of the US.

Hey, fellow thread watchers.

What departure port would you like to see? What Iteratires?

Lets throw out some ideas!

I will start-

Departure ---Tampa or Port Canveral.......(I know I am dreaming on this one but I am thinking of what I will save in air fare from the Midwest.):p

Itinerary--- 8-10 day Southern Caribbean or a mix and match.

About those names...:eek: ???

1) "Norwegian Bliss":

----Reminds us of --- Lip Balm

2) "Norwegian Breakaway"

3) "Norwegian Escape"

4) "Norwegian Getaway":

----Reminds us of foreign movies on TCM (in black and white)

3) Norwegian Journey:

----Remember to pack Lip Balm---

PS. Because of the size of this ship, we submitted "Norwegian Zeus". I know we should have gone with "Norwegian Big Boat".

Norwegian Cruise Line selected five finalist names in its ‘Norwegian’s Cruising for Names’ contest with USA Today.

They are Norwegian Bliss, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Getaway, and Norwegian Journey.

NCL will announce the two winning names on Sept. 13.

I agree with another poster. on another thread, regarding these ship names, that it is not a coincidence that it was called Project Breakaway and they chose Breakaway as one of the ship's names. NCL most likely had these names previously chosen and conducted the contest anyway to see if anyone else would come up with these names. Apparently, it was not a popular vote as most people liked Bliss and Journey. Anyway, it is what it is!

Archived