MDR Food Favs

GORDONCHICK

I have a friend who will be on her 1st cruise in November (Carnival). Since I've been on a few cruises but different lines, I'm having a hard time remember specific foods that I really enjoyed in the MDR. I remember the food being good, and that was where I 1st tried escargot & loved it! Tell me what your favs are so I can share with my friend. I've read about the new mac & cheese and I know she'll love that one.

The duck entree is gone:(

Needles to say I am disapointed. While I like lobster in general I am not a fan of it in MDR (IMHO it is lobster in the name only). I guess I will have to find another favorite.

Also in the previous post I forgot to mention that I liked sesame eggplant that comes with pork loin (and all other entries that night). Once again this might be useless since they changed the menu. Because it happened only recent OP might have hard time having people to respond.

Needles to say I am disapointed. While I like lobster in general I am not a fan of it in MDR (IMHO it is lobster in the name only). I guess I will have to find another favorite.

Also in the previous post I forgot to mention that I liked sesame eggplant that comes with pork loin (and all other entries that night). Once again this might be useless since they changed the menu. Because it happened only recent OP might have hard time having people to respond.

Duck was one of my favs as well, sad to see it gone. I am from Maine. I don't eat the 'lobster' they serve in the MDR. The prime rib is good, lamb is good as well. The shrimp entrees are shrimp, but large and decent. Snapper is always tastey.

I really like the Chicken a la greque (It is basil chicken, fondly called green chicken), strawberry bisque, brocoli shop, corn chowder, My son loves the St louis ribs. I love most of the soups. The stuffed mushrooms are good. The crab cakes tasted a bit salmony to me on our last sailing. Fried shrimp is good. My son had the Thai shrimp and it looked good, he wouldn't share ;) Most of the appetizers are good, I usually can't pick because I want at least 3 or 4.

I didnt care for the jerk pork an the pork chops were tough. The Fried chicken we had last time for first time, it was so good! Somthing I don't indulge in at home anymore. Our tablemates got it too and loved it.

Duck was one of my favs as well, sad to see it gone. I am from Maine. I don't eat the 'lobster' they serve in the MDR. The prime rib is good, lamb is good as well. The shrimp entrees are shrimp, but large and decent. Snapper is always tastey.

I am not from Maine or anywhere close to coastal area and even I know better than to eat MDR lobster!!!

Disclaimer: Judging by people order on the "lobster" night, I am in minority. Everyone's tastes are different, so above is just reflection of my tastes - so no flaming please.

The jerk pork loin was fabulous!

The pasta with the vodka cream sauce, also wonderful

The chocolate melting cake of course

-not in the MDR, but the chocolate cake from room service, and also the grilled chicken ceasar from room service were REALLY great!!

I'm probably in the minority here, but I really loved all of the Sugar-Free Spa desserts in the MDR. They were all made with Splenda and were nice and light after a heavy meal. I am not one for really rich desserts so these were just perfect. My favorite was the coconut cream cake. A light vanilla cake with a whipped cream filling and whipped frosting with toated coconut. I wish they served these on the room service menu.

Just home from the Glory, NYC to Canada 5 nighter.

Favorite food was the St. Louis ribs...fall off the bone tender and delicious. They were served on lobster night, so I ordered both. :D The lobster was good! It was Maine lobster..not the warm water lobster I've usually seen.

I was disappointed with my favorite dessert, the Bitter and Blanc because there was very little chocolate in it. Friends were not so happy with the warm chocolate melting cake, very inconsistent with the cooking..mostly underdone, once over done.

I too enjoyed the sugar free desserts. The coconut cake, orange cake and banana cake were really good.

Funny thing is that all of my favorites are served on the same night!

Pumpkin Soup

Lobster tail

Prime Rib

Spaghetti Carbonara

I also got the flat iron steak (Med Rare) on my cruise last month and it was much better than i remembered it being.

For Desert the WCMC, Bitter n' Blanc and something with caramalized apples and vanilla ice cream (I forgot the name)

We cruised on the Elation in March and I had the sea bass. I'm not much of a sea bass fan but this was wonderful! We had it the night before at the Chef's Table so when I saw it on the menu in the MDR the next night I had to have it! We are leaving in a little over 2 weeks on the Fascination and can't wait to try things I've not had before!

Archived