Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Welcome to all the new "losers." It is good to have new people who want to do the same thing and to have to bounce ideas off.

I went for my WI this morning- first since September and I lost 2.3 pounds. I would ahve liked a larger loss, but I am happy with that as I had ice cream and a small cream puff last week. No wine tho' and I am planning on having a glass tomorrow night when we have friends over for dinner.

Nikki

Congrats on the 2.3 lbs!

Hello everyone. Just found this thread. Great idea! :)

I have started WW on line (yesterday) and went and signed up at my local gym. I go for my first time this afternoon.

I am trying VERY HARD not to focus on the numbers, as much as trying to focus on my general health and well-being. Well, that sounds good. But I know if I don't see the numbers I am not focusing on getting smaller, I'll be mad! LOL:rolleyes:

I'm hoping that adding regular exercise will excelerate my loss. And increase my energy which at the moment is very low.

Any and all words of wisdom is greatly appreciated! I do have one question - how many of you use your 49 weekly bonus points? Do you find it doesn't hinder your loss if you use them? I admit that kind of makes me nervous! I am allowed 30 points per day. :)

Hello everyone. Just found this thread. Great idea! :)

I have started WW on line (yesterday) and went and signed up at my local gym. I go for my first time this afternoon.

I am trying VERY HARD not to focus on the numbers' date=' as much as trying to focus on my general health and well-being. Well, that sounds good. But I know if I don't see the numbers I am not focusing on getting smaller, I'll be mad! LOL:rolleyes:[/size']

I'm hoping that adding regular exercise will excelerate my loss. And increase my energy which at the moment is very low.

Any and all words of wisdom is greatly appreciated! I do have one question - how many of you use your 49 weekly bonus points? Do you find it doesn't hinder your loss if you use them? I admit that kind of makes me nervous! I am allowed 30 points per day. :)

Hi High C! I just found this thread myself. I started doing weight watchers last Thursday. I have done it several times in the past and it worked so this time I am just doing it myself instead of paying the online fee. Worked out pretty good for me last time I did that. There are lots of online tools to help me out.

Do I use my bonus points?...Heck yeah LOL. Keeps me from going off the deep end and not getting back on track.:D

Hi everyone. I haven't been on here since before the holiday season but hoping everyone did really well.

I wanted to share a product that I found at the grocery store yesterday.

The new Fiber One 80 calories Chocolate cereal. I usually do not care for a chocolate cereal for breakfast but thought that it may be a nice snack for later in the day when I have a sweet craving.

3/4 Cup serving is 80 cal, 1g protein, 1g fat, 25g carbs and 9g fiber.

I measured out 3/4 Cup and put some in an individual zippy bag to sanck on last night. What a great treat. To me, they tasted like the chocolate part of an Oreo. My dh, tried it with milk and said he, too really enjoyed it.

Just thought that I would share, in case anyone else is a chocolate lover and in search of a tasty-filling treat.

Cari

Thanks for the info on the cereal snack Cari. It sounds like it would really hit the spot when those night-time snacky demons sneak up. I will put it on my list.

Also I didn't know about the Fiber One brownies. Are they in the cookie aisle?

Nikki

Edited by gubby

Thanks for the info on the cereal snack Cari. It sounds like it would really hit the spot when those night-time snacky demons sneak up. I will put it on my list.

Also I didn't know about the Fiber One brownies. Are they in the cookie aisle?

Nikki

At our Walmart, they are in the asile with the granola bars and Kellogs's breakfast bars, right next to the Pop-Tarts. :confused:

They make a double chocolate chip brownie that is my personal favorite but they also make a cookie dough brownie. It's pretty darn good too.

All for 3 pts each.

Just at tip, heat them in the microwave for a few seconds and if you want, top it with a TBL or two of FF Cool Whip. You will feel like your not missing a thing over the fat laden desserts.

At our Walmart, they are in the asile with the granola bars and Kellogs's breakfast bars, right next to the Pop-Tarts. :confused:

They make a double chocolate chip brownie that is my personal favorite but they also make a cookie dough brownie. It's pretty darn good too.

All for 3 pts each.

Just at tip, heat them in the microwave for a few seconds and if you want, top it with a TBL or two of FF Cool Whip. You will feel like your not missing a thing over the fat laden desserts.

That sounds about right. I was pretty sure they weren't with the cookies, but not sure if they were with the crackers.

Wow, never thought to nuke them, but that sounds really good.

I have re-evaluated my goal and now think I should lose about 16 pounds. That will put me where I was when I retired 12 years ago. Knowing how I (and my body) shed weight that will realistically take me into October when we cruise again. The reason is that same 5 pounds that I lose and gain, lose and gain, lose and gain. The only thing that really, really works for me is tracking every single bite. Then I am less likely to say that one little taste won't matter. Because I never have only ONE little taste.

Nikki

Hi everyone. I haven't been on here since before the holiday season but hoping everyone did really well.

I wanted to share a product that I found at the grocery store yesterday.

The new Fiber One 80 calories Chocolate cereal. I usually do not care for a chocolate cereal for breakfast but thought that it may be a nice snack for later in the day when I have a sweet craving.

3/4 Cup serving is 80 cal, 1g protein, 1g fat, 25g carbs and 9g fiber.

I measured out 3/4 Cup and put some in an individual zippy bag to sanck on last night. What a great treat. To me, they tasted like the chocolate part of an Oreo. My dh, tried it with milk and said he, too really enjoyed it.

Just thought that I would share, in case anyone else is a chocolate lover and in search of a tasty-filling treat.

Cari

I know the Fiber One 90 Calorie brownies are to die for. So I'll have to try the cereal if I can find it. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh man! I seen this after I went to the store yesterday:( Will have to write them down so I can get them next time I go grocery shopping.

Fixed a 30 minute skillet lasagna night before last that is suppose to only be 5 points per serving. It was delicious and easy. Love finding recipes like that.

Want to share the recipe for that Lasagna? Everything I fix seems to be 10 points and up.

have you tried the cauliflower mashed potatoes yet?

or spaghetti using cauliflower instead of noodles.

oh we have been experimenting in the past few months.

whats a normal "fix" for you for dinner?

hungry girl has an awesome web site with fabulous recipees

Edited by serene56

Had my weigh in last night. Down 10 pounds in my first 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that's great. It took me 6 months to lose 20. I had my WI this morning and I was down 2 pounds. I'm really thankful as I was really struggling to stay within points this past week, and went over a couple of days.

Great losses for the week! You guys are awesome!

I walked a lot this week so have a few activity points I can spend. Bought the Fiber One brownies at Costco today and will try them at dinner.

I agree that Hungry Girl is great and I have tried many of her recipes. They are so good and it is nice to be able to eat food that feels like you are cheating and actually are on track.

Even my DH enjoys the cauliflower mashed potatoes. I make a huge batch using an entire head and then freeze portions so they are always available. I thaw before reheating in the microwave and they are still tasty.

I went for the lasagna recipe this morning. Sounds really tasty. And many of the other recipes look very good as well. It is good to have lots of choices without too much fat and sugar as this plan is for life if I intend to stay at a healthy weight.

Nikki

Edited by gubby

Wow - great results. This thread is very inspiring. I only just started WW on Monday. I'm doing it on line, and so far, so good.

I've also joined the local gym, and work with a trainer one hour per week. I go this morning for my first session. Lets just say it won't be pretty!! :eek:

So glad I found this group. I hope to be able to add to your success stories soon! :)

Thanks. I thought this time around, I am approaching the weight loss differently. Just dieting has never worked for me before. So I am changing my entire lifestyle. The biggest change is exercise. I have never added that component before (just lazy by nature!) My goal isn't so much the weight loss, as it is to change my ways. The weight loss will be the benefit!

Hope everyone is having a great day! Today is one of those days that I have wanted to eat all day long!:mad: Been trying to behave...had some Fiber One cereal and even a couple of melba toasts with a smidge of PB. The melba toast actually made me feel better.

Decided to try a new recipe for dinner tonight. Sloppy Joes and only 5 points:) plus the bun which is 2 more points. Gonna fix a veggie tray to go with it.http://www.slenderkitchen.com/slow-cooker-sundays-sloppy-joes/

Hope tomorrow is a better day for hunger.