Hotels at San Pedro pier?

watergal

We paid $208 for a (non-smoking) suite with a harbor view @ the Crowne Plaza. There are 3 of us, so Priceline isn't the best option. I'm envious of the rates folks get on Priceline, but looking forward to "watching our ship come in".

I don't get it--how is $208 better than $65????

She never said it was better~ she just stated what she paid for her suite.

Anyone know if I can do priceline and get the free cruise parking included?? I'm driving over from AZ and if I can get a room for less than the cost of parking, I'm all over it~!

GottaLuvCruising ... if you haven't prepaid your room ... could you do 2 rooms on Priceline. We have done this numerous times and have always asked for adjoining rooms when we check in ... not sure if this is unusual, but we have never had a problem.

We are staying at the Crowne Plaza next month with their "park and sail", this includes 2 drink coupons, a king room, breakfast the next morning and 2 weeks free parking and a shuttle to and from the ship for $189. My TA arranged it as we wanted to drive in the day before sailing.

Penny

We enjoyed Crowne Plaza last January. Found plenty to explore on foot the day before the cruise. The service was great - and they gave some fun amenities, like a little night light that worked perfectly in the bathroom on the ship.

The first several pics in this album give you an idea of what it looks like...

Thank you CSloan for those pictures. My TA was not happy booking me into the Crowne, or with staying at San Pedro. Other times I have booked into the Fairmont at Santa Monica, quite a ride to the ship. However this time the quote for 1 night for a room without even a coffee maker was almost $500 (Solo occupancy).

I felt traveling to the Crowne at San Pedro and staying the night there was kinder on my wallet.

How did you like the food at Grinders?

Please could you tell me if you used the restaurent at Crowne Plaza for dinner , if so was the menu similar to a diner, a cafe, or a restaurent. Realise this may sound picky, it is just that in the past I have found some hotels have the "knife and fork" logo of AAA, but offer only hamburgers/club sandwiches, others do steak and french fries type of menu while others require a mortgage to pay the bill for something with a fancy name but which turns out to be pasta with no meat balls!

Thank you

Lynn

Thank you CSloan for those pictures. My TA was not happy booking me into the Crowne, or with staying at San Pedro. Other times I have booked into the Fairmont at Santa Monica, quite a ride to the ship. However this time the quote for 1 night for a room without even a coffee maker was almost $500 (Solo occupancy).

I felt traveling to the Crowne at San Pedro and staying the night there was kinder on my wallet.

Please could you tell me if you used the restaurent at Crowne Plaza for dinner , if so was the menu similar to a diner, a cafe, or a restaurent. Realise this may sound picky, it is just that in the past I have found some hotels have the "knife and fork" logo of AAA, but offer only hamburgers/club sandwiches, others do steak and french fries type of menu while others require a mortgage to pay the bill for something with a fancy name but which turns out to be pasta with no meat balls!

Thank you

Lynn

what were your TA's concerns with the CP and San Pedro in general? And when was the last time they were here?

Thank you

Lynn

Hey Lynn -

We enjoyed the Crown Plaza - nice staff and accommodations. We did not eat dinner there. Instead we walked down to a restaurant in the Port O Call village and had a nice dinner outside watching boats go by. The breakfast at Grinders was great! I'm sure that would be a decent place for lunch or dinner as well.

This was my second time staying there. Both times we got there early in the day and found plenty of places to explore on foot to keep us occupied. We also used the pool & spa it the evening, and enjoyed that.

If I sail out of San Pedro again, I will stay there again.

One tip - the night light in the bathroom is yours to keep!

I was just informed they no longer offer a shuttle to the pier but will be happy to call a taxi. :(

I really couldn't believe they didn't provide a shuttle so contacted the hotel directly and spoke with a manager who clarified they DO offer a shuttle to the pier - they don't offer a shuttle for nearby shopping. Hope this clears the confusion.

I really couldn't believe they didn't provide a shuttle so contacted the hotel directly and spoke with a manager who clarified they DO offer a shuttle to the pier - they don't offer a shuttle for nearby shopping. Hope this clears the confusion.

Watergirl, thanks for the follow-up information regarding the Crowne Plaza shuttle to the pier. I was freaking out!! Anyway, does anyone know how efficient the shuttles operate on day of departure. I ask because last year we were leaving out of FLL and the shuttle was running at least an hour behind schedule due to the amount of time it took to get all the luggage on board and even though they had 2 shuttles. We scheduled an 11:30A shuttle and when we finally called a taxi they hadn't started loading the 10:30A passengers and their luggage. That was our only experience with a hotel shuttle service to the pier. Just wondering

so we can plan our departure accordingly.

I am 30's female flying from Canada 2 days before cruise to Hawaii on Feb 14, 2012. Solo traveller. Have never been to Los Angeles and might not get again. Not sure what I would like to see as there is so much. Would like to go to Rodeo Drive (just looking, not shopping).

Not confident to go to priceline especially since I do not know the city.

If I stayed in the Hollywood area what would be a good hotel in the 3 star range-single occupancy. Definitely non-smoking. Is there public transportation from LAX to Hollywood (or any other area I might stay). I am thinking subway. Would the public transportation also go close to San Pedro port. I might have to get a taxi from the end of the subway to the port. That would be a short drive. Do not like the thought of getting a taxi from a hotel in Hollywood to San Pedro port. If there is a traffic jam, then it could cost a fortune. Would that be about a 20 mile ride. Do taxis have a set fare from LAX to hotel and/or from hotel to San Pedro port.

Just thought, is there an airline shuttle from LAX to hotels?

Also, might be a silly question to anyone living in or around Los Angeles, but what time does the sun set and it gets dark in February in Los Angeles.

Any thoughts or help that you could give would be very much appreciated. Thanks to all who answer with suggestions.

Has anyone eaten at the Crown Plaza restaurent? For dinner or breakfast.?

If breakfast is this a help yourself buffet or a la carte? Ball park figure on brice would be a plus.

We have had breakfast in the dining room a few times, it is a small buffet with the usual pastries, breads, cereals, juice, coffee, scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausages. It runs about $12/$15 as I recall.

Thank you all for advice re Crown Plaza San Pedro, especially eating there for breakfast, the price is far less than I have had to pay at another hotel for the same type of buffet.

I do not think my agent had stayed at Crowne Plaza, or at San Pedro, think her info was maybe from driving to the ship from LA using the Cunard shuttle. The pictures are interesting and now I am not worried about staying at the Crowne. As I said my wallet is also happy!.

Hope to meet others going on the QV Panama Canal cruise Feb 28th. staying at the Crowne, The roll call is small as yet, and all others seem to be staying in or around LA.

Lynn

We are booked at the Doubletree for our May departure. Does anyone know if they have a complimentary shuttle?

We recently stayed at the Doubletree. When you check in, sign up for the free pier shuttle. Also, we found the staff to be very accommodating about dropping us off for breakfast ... then, we walked to Von's for wine and called for pickup. They were happy to provide these services.

We recently stayed at the Doubletree. When you check in, sign up for the free pier shuttle. Also, we found the staff to be very accommodating about dropping us off for breakfast ... then, we walked to Von's for wine and called for pickup. They were happy to provide these services.

Hope you got that nice warm chocolate chip cookie at check in.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if I can do priceline and get the free cruise parking included?? I'm driving over from AZ and if I can get a room for less than the cost of parking, I'm all over it~!

I have this same question! (sorry if it's been answered, but if it was, I couldn't find it)

I have this same question! (sorry if it's been answered, but if it was, I couldn't find it)

No, to my knowledge neither a Priceline or Hotwire booking will give you a "stay, park and cruise package". Crowne Plaza will charge you $10 a day for parking .... however the Double Tree may allow you to park for free.

Any idea of what the total cost ends up being for a Crowne Plaza room in San Pedro? I keep seeing $65 as a winning bid, but they have a bunch of taxes, charges, etc. Anyone book this recently, and have the full price?

We are 3 people, so I am assuming we need to book 2 rooms with Priceline. So need the full cost, so I can budget this. thanks! :)

Any idea of what the total cost ends up being for a Crowne Plaza room in San Pedro? I keep seeing $65 as a winning bid, but they have a bunch of taxes, charges, etc. Anyone book this recently, and have the full price?

We are 3 people, so I am assuming we need to book 2 rooms with Priceline. So need the full cost, so I can budget this. thanks! :)

I don't have any of my credit charges with me but would estimate the taxes and charges to be in the $12 to $15 range. For 3 people you are best to bid on 2 rooms as they really only promise accommodation for 2 people.

Just booked two rooms at the Crown Plaza for this month for $65.00 each. Taxes and fees came to a total of $27.50. Hope that helps :)

$82.16 Total charge to CC.:cool:

Archived