Tote Bag

Cate M.

It has been a few years since I have been on a HAL cruise. Used to get a bag that we could use at the beach. Will I find one in my room when I arrive or has the practice been discontinued?

Not going until January 2nd but wait is a killer.

Cate M.

I just got off the Eurodam and they were still giving them out. Mine looked like it had been washed because it was so wrinkled. I was in a Suite this time and didn't get anything different then I usually get when I'm in the cheap seats:D. I left mine on the ship because I have too many already.

Yes, we have some of the Mariners Totes and I really like them. Heavier cloth, pocket in the front, longer handles. Really nice bags. I wonder if they are still giving them on Collector's cruises.... I think that was supposed to end sometime this spring or summer but I hope not.

Yes, we have some of the Mariners Totes and I really like them. Heavier cloth, pocket in the front, longer handles. Really nice bags. I wonder if they are still giving them on Collector's cruises.... I think that was supposed to end sometime this spring or summer but I hope not.

Sail, I was told by the HAL Mariner Society that the "Mariner" totes was started as a two year "promotion" that began, I believe in ?March/April 2010 to be distributed during Collector's cruises! Hopefully, they will still be available next March! :)

On our Collector's Cruises -- the first segment we got the regular tote bag.

The second segment we got the new Mariner bags -- which are larger and very nice.

We did a collectors' cruise in August of 2010 (SA stateroom) - got the same canvas bag as we always got on the first half and no bag on the second half. We did the Voyage of the Vikings this year - got the same canvas bag again, and again no bag on the second half! I'd love to get something new and different for a change! That said, I do appreciate their giving out some kind of bag!

I always hang a luggage tag on the strap immediately when I decide to use it whether on a ship or not. I always have a bunch of tags in my carryon...... the style like CC tags I've gotten on this site as well as the HAL Retro Poster tags. I like that style.

Sail, I was told by the HAL Mariner Society that the "Mariner" totes was started as a two year "promotion" that began, I believe in ?March/April 2010 to be distributed during Collector's cruises! Hopefully, they will still be available next March! :)

We did a Collector's cruise but got the same bag as on our Bermuda cruise. Bummer!

Luv the HAL tote bags! I have some from different cruise lines. Great for the beach :D I have a few smaller ones that I use around the ship to carry sun block, book, daily cruise letter/program, water bottle, stuff :D

I remember when they used to have the name of the cruise ship on them. Its very generic now...... which is too bad cause it was a nice touch. I have tote bag from a ship that retired with the name and cruise line on it and I still carry it around with pride.

Luv the HAL tote bags! I have some from different cruise lines. Great for the beach :D I have a few smaller ones that I use around the ship to carry sun block, book, daily cruise letter/program, water bottle, stuff :D

I remember when they used to have the name of the cruise ship on them. Its very generic now...... which is too bad cause it was a nice touch. I have tote bag from a ship that retired with the name and cruise line on it and I still carry it around with pride.

It was the same for the tiles!

There was also a time when we got bags with seashells on them (caribbean) and totem heads (Alaska). Loved those as well.

Whenever we have doctor appointments we always put our reading books in the Alaskan tote.

I love the tiles the best with the ship's name on it -- whether it be the ship we are actually sailing on or a previous one.

KK, just wondering whether you ever received a "Mariner's Society Cruise" tile? I received one such tile on a ?designated Mariner's Society cruise! :)

Archived