Tote Bag

Cate M.

I am sure people do that but I wouldn't. It just feels a little rude to me but whatever suits someone else is fine. I'm sure the crews know people go all over the place, one cruise line to anothe,r but no need to flash it in their face. IMO

We've been teased for wearing an article from one HAL ship on another HAL ship. A steward or some other crew who feels a little friendly toward us will walk by and quietly murmer....... 'wrong ship, Sir Harry' (not his real name) and wink as he walks by. :) We know it's in good humor and laugh but I would not wear a Celebrity shirt on HAL. Thankfully we have enough jerseys that we don't have to.

I am sure people do that but I wouldn't. It just feels a little rude to me but whatever suits someone else is fine. I'm sure the crews know people go all over the place, one cruise line to anothe,r but no need to flash it in their face. IMO

We've been teased for wearing an article from one HAL ship on another HAL ship. A steward or some other crew who feels a little friendly toward us will walk by and quietly murmer....... 'wrong ship, Sir Harry' (not his real name) and wink as he walks by. :) We know it's in good humor and laugh but I would not wear a Celebrity shirt on HAL. Thankfully we have enough jerseys that we don't have to.

I feel the same way, and I don't carry my bags or wear my shirts on other lines. It just struck me that it's a way to make sure you can identify your own bag.

I only have cloth bags from HAL and Cunard. Another line, which shall remain nameless, gave us large plastic bags to use for the beach and private island. Nice, but nobody warned us that something in sunscreen made the ink come off the bags. Being squished together in a tender, many of us rubbed up against our bags or those of neighbors, and got blue smudges on our legs. :( That would never happen on HAL!!!

Question about tote bags: Is it socially acceptable to carry HAL's bag when on another line? To carry another line's bag while on HAL? (It would help identify your own bag if it wasn't like all the others)

I would use a HAL bag if I were on a line that didn't give any bag to use.

When on HAL cruises I use an old HAL bag with a design unlike what's used now. Very easy to recognize mine, yet others can still see I'm a fellow passenger.

That can come in handy sometimes when ashore.

Question about tote bags: Is it socially acceptable to carry HAL's bag when on another line? To carry another line's bag while on HAL? (It would help identify your own bag if it wasn't like all the others)

When we were cruising 3 different lines at the same time -- I didn't use another line's bag, etc.

But I have seen quite a few people using RCI bags on HAL ships.

So -- apparently some people don't care.

I only have cloth bags from HAL and Cunard. Another line, which shall remain nameless, gave us large plastic bags to use for the beach and private island. Nice, but nobody warned us that something in sunscreen made the ink come off the bags. Being squished together in a tender, many of us rubbed up against our bags or those of neighbors, and got blue smudges on our legs. :( That would never happen on HAL!!!

That doesn't sound good.

You could even end up with those blue smudges on clothes -- ruining them.

I would use a HAL bag if I were on a line that didn't give any bag to use.

When on HAL cruises I use an old HAL bag with a design unlike what's used now. Very easy to recognize mine, yet others can still see I'm a fellow passenger.

That can come in handy sometimes when ashore.

I think I still have a very old HAL bag with an unfished embroidery project in it. That would be good to carry--different from the new ones, and people might think I'm a 4-star mariner! (I wish)

A tote bag will be delivered to every cabin on the night before the first port. When the steward does your turn down service, he leaves a tote bag. :)

If for any reason he forgets or whatever, be sure to speak with him and ask about getting one.

We've been teased for wearing an article from one HAL ship on another HAL ship.

On a cruise last year (not on HAL) another passenger asked me in the elevator -- a little scoldingly -- why I was using a lanyard from Carnival for my sea pass. The lanyard was from Canada! She had seen the "Ca" and jumped to the conclusion that it was from Carnival!:p

Linda

I have several HAL totes from my cruises. I gave one to my mother and use the others quite a bit.

I keep two at work. One is for night wands for my zone and the other for cleaning items on overnight aircrafts.

I have one in my trunk with other bags that I use on everyday errands.

I do carry them on other ships beside HAL. I used one on my Carnival Dream cruise last month. It's a great conversational starter. Mainly with people asking me if I've sailed on HAL and how I like sailing with HAL.

The only ones that I've ever received is the basic off white tote. Some of the others sound very nice!

I have several HAL totes from my cruises. I gave one to my mother and use the others quite a bit.

I keep two at work. One is for night wands for my zone and the other for cleaning items on overnight aircrafts.

I have one in my trunk with other bags that I use on everyday errands.

I do carry them on other ships beside HAL. I used one on my Carnival Dream cruise last month. It's a great conversational starter. Mainly with people asking me if I've sailed on HAL and how I like sailing with HAL.

The only ones that I've ever received is the basic off white tote. Some of the others sound very nice!

I have several of the off white canvas totes, and I have one that I got YEARS ago from HAL that is navy blue with the insignia and it's rubberized inside and "feels" like cloth on the outside.

That bag gets a lot of use. I can't even remember when I got it.

Archived