Anyone else not been charged for in-cabin soft drinks?

kentuckyluckyguy

We drank two of the six cans of coke/sprite/diet coke in our cabin which the card on the desk said would cost us $1.99 each. It also stated that on the last night the cabin steward would remove the remaining inventory and we'd be charged on our Sail & Sign Card and that the Soda Card we bought would not count for these drinks.

So, the last night comes...the other four cans are still there. We go down to settle up with Guest Services on our S&S cards...and there was no charge for the Sprites. We got copies of our bill and then also under our cabin door that night they placed copies....not sure how we managed to get two free cans of Sprite, but somehow it happened!

Just thought I'd share that....

I never drink the stuff provided in the room, but if I did and that happened, I would tell them and have them add it to my bill. I wouldn't want the steward to get docked for it.

I would have it added to the bill too..........I wouldn't want to take the chance that the steward just hadn't noticed and then perhaps try to charge it to the next persons account.......I expect to pay for everything that I consume and would probably have had it added to my bill.

FYI- We were charged the day after we left the ship. We drank a few of the sodas from the mini bar. It never showed up on our bill either. I don't think they check until they are preparing your room for the next guests. There was a seperate charge on the credit card I had linked to my sign and sail. It was for around 7 bucks. I assumed it was for the 3 drinks we had from mini bar. I never called to verify, but I knew that we were not charged before.

We were charged for one that we didn't drink. One evening towards the end of the cruise we noticed one sitting on the counter top that had been opened just enough to let the fizz out. Neither of us thought much about, we hadn't checked with each other at that point. Later, after we were billed for it we talked about it. Now, I am pretty sure it wasn't the steward since he works off of tips. Our guess was that someone thought they were funny and slipped in while the room was being cleaned and popped the top. We couldn't come up with any other explanation. Neither of us would open a Diet Coke and NOT drink it! :eek:

We drank two of the six cans of coke/sprite/diet coke in our cabin which the card on the desk said would cost us $1.99 each. It also stated that on the last night the cabin steward would remove the remaining inventory and we'd be charged on our Sail & Sign Card and that the Soda Card we bought would not count for these drinks.

So, the last night comes...the other four cans are still there. We go down to settle up with Guest Services on our S&S cards...and there was no charge for the Sprites. We got copies of our bill and then also under our cabin door that night they placed copies....not sure how we managed to get two free cans of Sprite, but somehow it happened!

Just thought I'd share that....

I can not believe someone would brag about stealing 2 cans of soda because if they drank them and did not pay for them, they stole them.

On my last stay in Mexico, I got desparate one night and drank the $3 bottle of water. At check out, it was not on my bill. It took me 30 min to make them understand I owed for the water I drank because there was a language problem. They wound up only charging me $1.50 for some reason, but I paid for what I used and I could fly back home with a clear conscious.

I was not bragging at all. I did tip my cabin steward heavily as well on more than one occasion so perhaps he just covered them...I don't know. All I know is they weren't on my statement. I was just asking for similar stories and so forth. All I know is the inventory was not removed on the last night like it said it would be on the card.

After all I spent on drinks and photographs, trust me, $1.95x2 is NOTHING to brag about...you took it wrong.

So ya'll suggest I should just go ahead and send Carnival a check for $4?

I suggest you check your credit card statement and you will most likely see that they did charge you for the drinks after you left the ship. Most charges from the last night do not show up on your statement. But I would say with great confidence that it will show up on your next credit card statement. And if it doesn't, then it was just a mistake on their part. I doubt it happens often because somewhere, someone will end up paying for the mistake when inventory isn't right.:(

To avoid temptation and potential mixups, we had the cabin steward romove the sodas and minis from our fridge and showed him that we bought our own sodas (20 ounce bottles of Coke Zero). On the morning of leaving, we thanked him for a job well done (often putting 2 of our Coke Zeros on ice in our small cooler) and reminded him to replace the cans of sodas and minis. He said no problem, he had everything hidden in our cabin! 11-vi.gif

I would have at least asked about it at the guest service desk when I settled up... it's a little late now to be sending a check for 4 dollars if they didn't charge you afterwards. Some things are just the right thing to do. I hope the people who came in behind you didn't get saddled with the charge.

I've only ever drank one of those from the mini bar before and I was most definitely charged for it... I was so thirsty I grabbed it on the fly and thought my husband was going to have a heart attack when he heard the top pop.. hahahahaha... hey.. I was thirsty!

I would have at least asked about it at the guest service desk when I settled up... it's a little late now to be sending a check for 4 dollars if they didn't charge you afterwards. Some things are just the right thing to do. I hope the people who came in behind you didn't get saddled with the charge.

I've only ever drank one of those from the mini bar before and I was most definitely charged for it... I was so thirsty I grabbed it on the fly and thought my husband was going to have a heart attack when he heard the top pop.. hahahahaha... hey.. I was thirsty!

I probably should have but I just thought it would show up...and it may still, although it hasn't yet and I used a debit card to secure my reservation and pay for the cruise..then used cash on the S&S card. We opened them with the intent and knowing we'd pay for them, like I said, $1.95 isn't much for a soda when you are paying $8 for a beer or $12 for a D.O.D. in a whale tail cup....

I hadn't thought about someone else getting charged...I hope that's not the case and if it comes out of the cabin stewards pay then at least I tipped him EXTREMELY well like I said on more than one occasion.

Honestly, it was like one of those deals when you leave Wal Mart and figure out they gave you too much change back. Again, not looking for anyone to agree or disagree or not trying to brag. Just found it kind of curious....Carnival is sooo meticulous about charging for everything I was just sort of surprised. I didn't mean to cause a firestorm on here. You can read my past posts and see that I've done everything by the book, including not trying to bring liquor on board and tipping extra to our waiter, server, cabin steward and his assistant above and beyond the tips automatically deducted from the S&S card. Heck, I'd have event tipped my PVP if I could've....she was THAT good.

Next time I'll make sure of everything. But you can't tell me most people haven't gotten the wrong amount of change back or not charged for an Apple Pie and McDonalds and went back thru the drive thru and gave it back or corrected it. I'm not justifying...just saying things happen. It really didn't occur to me much til today when I posted and we got off the ship on Saturday. Granted, I did notice on Friday night.

Maybe my debit card will get dinged for it. If so, I'll report it here.

I guess I'm condemned then. I shouldn't have mentioned it on here. I just had the impression this was a place where people could share experiences and ask questions. It was NOT my intent to walk off that ship owing $4 or $5. However, between us all, we know what a bottle of Bud Light Lime costs...

Did I do the "right thing" and should I have handled it differently? OK, you guys win. I'm not gonna feel overly guilty because I did indeed spend a TON of cash on board. In fact, I'm not gonna respond or even look at this thread anymore and I wish the mods would just delete it.

No, but Ive been charged for ones I didnt take.....:mad:

Same here. I drank 3 sodas and was charged an extra $20+. After I got home.

I think when the room steward restocks it in between cruises if you had given him a nice tip they dont report it.

Apparently I didnt tip enough extra. Lol

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Same here. I drank 3 sodas and was charged an extra $20+. After I got home.

I think when the room steward restocks it in between cruises if you had given him a nice tip they dont report it.

Apparently I didnt tip enough extra. Lol

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

This is EXACTLY what I was getting at...I just didn't word it right. But I figure somewhere someone is keeping an inventory....

And Carnival needs to change the wording on the signs by the soft drinks too if they aren't actually going to remove those sodas on the last night. We all take them at their word in the CONTRACT and everything else, so why not take them at their word on this too? Like I said, maybe I'll still have a charge show up on my debit card, but I'm doubting it since I never used it on the ship....

• 1 month later...

here's a weird thing-

i didn't drink anything from the fridge. i noticed the 2 coke cans were the traditional red kind. later on in the cruise, remember i hadn't drank any of them (i brought 20 oz. bottles), one of the cans was switched to the new white can with polar bear. ??????????????

i wasn't charged, so who knows, maybe the room steward was checking on the stock, and dropped one, and replaced one.????????

I noticed one of the mini liqour bottles in the Fridge was missing when we first boarded. { I usually remove the cans and put our own sodas in there} I mentioned it to our steward and he said he knew about it and didn't replace it. We were not charged for that mini.

O.P. Perhaps the Steward just replaced your Sodas and didn't put in a charge because you tipped well

The minute I get to our cabin, I always check the fridge to see what is in there and then hunt down the room steward (who usually is within talking distance of the cabin when we get there). I always request that the fridge be LOCKED for the duration of the cruise and that the water/power drinks that are on the counter top be taken out of the cabin. Never had a problem with being billed.

Archived