What time do I need to put my towel on lido chair so I can reserve it for the day?

valtandc

I pack old shoes from the family in my suitcase, kids work best less space. Usually about 10 pairs, rum runners go in the shoes ( do not have to be matching either ) Each day I go to the pool at 6 and spread them out taking more chairs than I need, in case some rude inconsiderate person choose to remove them. Always have a chair every day even when I am not on the ship. Works every time !

Pleaseeeee. Why don't you people just sleep on deck with your towel and chair where you want it?

You laugh, but I read a review where a gentlemen got up early and went to Lido to get a cup a coffee and walked by a woman who had towels on chairs around her while she slept in the center one, obviously got up early and moved to the Lido to finish off her sleep.

Here's what you do.

After everyone is off the lido and they are stacking the chairs in order to hose down the deck, wait for the crew to do the area you would like to sit in and then toss your towel AND flip flops on the lounge being stacked. That way, when they unstack the loungers in preparation for the morning onslaught of hogs, your stuff will already be there!

Absolute TRIMUPH!!

Genius!:D

Pleaseeeee. Why don't you people just sleep on deck with your towel and chair where you want it?

Didn't Carnival try to do that on the Splendor a while ago?

Throwing tomato juice on kids, classy!

Ahh, the famous tomato juice thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1143683&highlight=blocking+stairwells

Those nice blue towels that people use to hog the chairs are TWENTY TWO dollars if you loose it. So, if you want one to take home, just take a "free" one that was left early by the pool. I am not going to incriminate myself so I must stop typing!!!!:D

Now that is a great idea! ;)

You laugh, but I read a review where a gentlemen got up early and went to Lido to get a cup a coffee and walked by a woman who had towels on chairs around her while she slept in the center one, obviously got up early and moved to the Lido to finish off her sleep.

I can top that. While on the Conquest, I got up early and went for coffee on the Lido Deck. Our cabin was on the Panorama Deck so I had to walk down through the stadium tiers. On one of them was a teenage boy wrapped in a bed spread sleeping with crumpled up sheets, blankets and towels on four other lounge chairs next to him.

To the OP, try pouring a little water on the chairs. Then put a sign on it saying that "Sorry, baby's diaper leaked." That should keep them safe as long as they stay wet.

Here's what you do.

After everyone is off the lido and they are stacking the chairs in order to hose down the deck, wait for the crew to do the area you would like to sit in and then toss your towel AND flip flops on the lounge being stacked. That way, when they unstack the loungers in preparation for the morning onslaught of hogs, your stuff will already be there!

Absolute TRIMUPH!!

Good one...

when i was on june cruise during a great sea day i walked to the main pool.....i couldn't even walk around chairs/lounges...there was no where to walk....it was so crazily packed....why does anyone want an environ like that anyway.

Right now a condo in Key West is still wishfull thinking:rolleyes:. I'm dreamin'-n-schemin' on a way to pull it off, but for now there's nothing in the works.

Perhaps it will end up being an old Volkswagen bus located in Freds Trailer Park & Campground on Middle of Nowhere Key. I could sew the new set of towels together to make an awning for the bus.

Bob

Memories of Naked Fanny

Yes, I put my towel out at 3 am! I'm good to go for the whole cruise..

Now, how about this: I always want to post when I read this kinda thing

Fascination.......anyone onboard NOW ?

I want to post, NO, no one booked this week.. The crew are having a party, 'cause there's no passengers aboard..

Or has anyone been in cabin XXX? No, they keep that one empty for the ghosts that are aboard, sorry your stuck with it.

I must be bored also...

so has anyone ever moved someone's towel & book? my last cruise we never got a chair by any of the pools - anywhere on the pool deck because of people saving...we sat way away from pool one day and when we got up to go get a drink someone moved our stuff - we were gone about 15 minutes....I am tempted to move peoples stuff on our next cruise but think my husband would kill me if he found out.

Here is a hint for everyone. If I see a book, sunglasses, ipod, etc and no one is around go check Guest Services.

I took it to them.

You guys make me afraid to leave and go to the bathroom :eek: How do you know if that's not all they're doing?

By the way, why not just stay in a cabin on lido and take your chair back to your room with you :D

Quite often if you ask the person laying next to an empty lounge chair, they will tell you that they've been there for a couple of hours and the chairs were always empty. That's the best way of finding out if someone is just being hoggish and not using them.

We will always go to the bathroom one at a time if we are laying out and want to keep our chairs.

Those nice blue towels that people use to hog the chairs are TWENTY TWO dollars if you loose it. So, if you want one to take home, just take a "free" one that was left early by the pool. I am not going to incriminate myself so I must stop typing!!!!:D

Was on one cruise sitting at Lido deck table and this guy came up and told his family that he had gone around and got them all a beach towel to take home......LOL....Dennis

If you have kids, just send them to the pool immediately after breakfast with a bunch of towels, books, flip flops, etc. Kids make great chair savers! Plus, you can have them go around and non-chalantly pick up other peoples towels over the course of the cruise. By the end, you will have a nice little collection with no added expense! Oh, I forgot, you can do the same for the evening shows in the lounge. Make them skip dessert and send 'em to the lounge to save an entire section so you have your pick of seats! :D

If you have kids, just send them to the pool immediately after breakfast with a bunch of towels, books, flip flops, etc. Kids make great chair savers! Plus, you can have them go around and non-chalantly pick up other peoples towels over the course of the cruise. By the end, you will have a nice little collection with no added expense! Oh, I forgot, you can do the same for the evening shows in the lounge. Make them skip dessert and send 'em to the lounge to save an entire section so you have your pick of seats! :D

Dont much care about the pool. But as far as the Show Lounge, hope your kids dont mind sitting with me & mine. Last Cruise I just sat wherever I wanted & when someone tried to tell me the seat was saved, I just replied "Yeah, thanks for saving it for me"

Want to escalate it, call security or whatever. My BUTT isnt moving. Last cruise someone stormed off to do this & I never saw them again. And I enjoyed the show.

Dont much care about the pool. But as far as the Show Lounge, hope your kids dont mind sitting with me & mine. Last Cruise I just sat wherever I wanted & when someone tried to tell me the seat was saved, I just replied "Yeah, thanks for saving it for me"

Want to escalate it, call security or whatever. My BUTT isnt moving. Last cruise someone stormed off to do this & I never saw them again. And I enjoyed the show.

Great response! I'll have to try that next time :D

Archived