What time do I need to put my towel on lido chair so I can reserve it for the day?

valtandc

Those nice blue towels that people use to hog the chairs are TWENTY TWO dollars if you loose it. So, if you want one to take home, just take a "free" one that was left early by the pool. I am not going to incriminate myself so I must stop typing!!!!:D

Those nice blue towels that people use to hog the chairs are TWENTY TWO dollars if you loose it. So, if you want one to take home, just take a "free" one that was left early by the pool. I am not going to incriminate myself so I must stop typing!!!!:D

Stealing used towels. Classy.

Great idea to discourage poolside towel reservations! I'm about ready to remodel my bathroom... Hmm carnival colors look good year 'round.

Here's what you do.

After everyone is off the lido and they are stacking the chairs in order to hose down the deck, wait for the crew to do the area you would like to sit in and then toss your towel AND flip flops on the lounge being stacked. That way, when they unstack the loungers in preparation for the morning onslaught of hogs, your stuff will already be there!

Absolute TRIMUPH!!

That way, you're that much closer to the Lido bar.

ROFL...........that was actually the subject of one of my recent threads - "sleeping beneath the stars on a cruise".

So if I go out to the pool/deck/Serenity/Lido, and am confronted by a buncha chairs with towels on them - am I allowed to just rip the towels off and choose any chair I want to?

..Trin..

Your a very experienced CH..........when packing these towels work out great when wrapped around rum runners...........

You need to strategize properly .... first, you need to sneak into a neighbor's room, when the room steward has the door open to clean it, then 'borrow' his/her towel (feel free to open a can of soda from the mini bar too and take a swig), then, hide the towel until approximately 6:00 a.m. Then you can head down to the lido deck, drop off the towel, a book from the ship's library and an old pair of flip-flops -- you can legitimately hold 8 lounge chairs until dinner.:p

Have fun! :D

I really do not care because I do not go to the pool area, except to go to the buffet, but I thought I had read several threads where people are ticked about people being chair/lounge hogs. I thought I heard if you are gone for more than 30 minutes or so, that another cruiser or a crew member working the pool area will remove you towel/book/etc, but I could be wrong. Any legit comments please.

Mom? Is that you? Kidding!

She does it EVERY cruise, lol... They make great bath towels btw ;)

so has anyone ever moved someone's towel & book? my last cruise we never got a chair by any of the pools - anywhere on the pool deck because of people saving...we sat way away from pool one day and when we got up to go get a drink someone moved our stuff - we were gone about 15 minutes....I am tempted to move peoples stuff on our next cruise but think my husband would kill me if he found out.

My understanding is that your group of 20 should have one person go out at about 7:30 am and put small items on all of the chairs you want- when you are all ready to go and sit at about 11:30 you should be fine.

Have fun and those angry faces staring at you? Not to worry- they are all just unpleasant people anyway.

Archived