Is anyone else having trouble purchasing shore excursions from the Celebrity website?

techie123

I purchased 2 excursions last night (in one transaction), but when I tried to return to the shore excursions webpage for pricing and scheduling info for another excursion, I got a Site Under Maintenance error. It's still there 24 hours later. Has anyone else had this problem? No one else has posted a thread about this.

I've paid about half the cost of the cruise and the full cost of the excursions, which appear correctly on my booking. I have been watching for excursions to open, and they were open for the first time yesterday.

Tried just now to get in both ways with no luck. I got my Amex bill today and was charged for only 3 of 4 excursions( we have not sailed yet, so no coup) that were all booked at the same time. Just wanted to be sure that they all appear on my seapass, as we sail next Sunday and it is now too late to book on line. I did print out confirmation when I booked them. Also, my DH volunteered tonight to add his Credit Card to the Seapass, so I was ecxtatic! He will probably change his mind by the time the site is back up!!!! Grrrr...

I had a great deal of difficulty booking my online excursions for my latest cruise. All kinds of errors. I ended up calling them and booking everything over the telephone although they told me on my first call that I couldn't book excursions over the phone. It made me laugh because it was getting so hard to get Celebrity to actually TAKE my money. Eventually I got somone on the phone who would take it and book the excursions.

Good luck

A little bit different but about 2 a.m. the site was down. Just got in and found that they messed up the Cruise history. None of our 2010 and 2011 cruises (4 of them) have been posted and we now say we are Select members - note Elite. I hope they fix the problem soon as we are sailing next week on the Equinox.:confused:

I have found that X frequently does not load its excursion for cruises until a few months from cruise date.

We sail June 8th and June 12th, 2012 and the excursions were up yesterday for purchase. I was able to purchased 2 excursions--one on each cruise.

Karen

Just about every weekend... As has been reported here often, Celebrity does systems maintenance on weekends [sunday always seems the more problematic]... Know it's inconvenient for many but I expect that functions that are not working or information that appears to be erroneous today will work much better/be correct tomorrow.

I went though all of this last year for my May cruise on the Eclipse. I tried and tried to get their website to work but between being timed out and it being unavailable, I had to give up - best thing to do is just call Celebrity and have them book what you want. Just don't be logged into their site when you call as that makes them helpless to access your record. :confused:

A little bit different but about 2 a.m. the site was down. Just got in and found that they messed up the Cruise history. None of our 2010 and 2011 cruises (4 of them) have been posted and we now say we are Select members - note Elite. I hope they fix the problem soon as we are sailing next week on the Equinox.:confused:

Same here. I just got off the phone with Captain's Club and they do show my missing cruise; although it no longer appears when I log in. They told me to wait a few days, check it again and if it still isn't showing to call them back. They are still doing work on their web site.

Archived