Free cruise w/RCI Visa Points--Freedom or Allure?

We are planning our "free cruise for two" with our 125,000 RCI Visa points.....if you could pick one of these two cruises, which one would you pick and why?

*Freedom of the Seas-Port Canaveral-7 nights-Labadee, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth-Upgrade to balcony cost including tips $500.

*Allure of the Seas-Ft. Lauderdale-7 nights-Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten. Upgrade to balcony cost including tips $400.

We are taking our freebie next week on the Allure. We already did the Freedom so we thought we would give the Allure a try. I heard good things about both. Which ever you pick you can't go wrong... especially at that price. Enjoy your cruise :)

John

I am taking my "free cruise" using points in December. I narrowed it to the same two cruises. I chose Freedom for a couple of reasons. I have never been on a ship larger than Mariner and am not a "bigger is better" person. My ideal ship would hold about 1,800 - 2,500 passengers. Also, I do not care about wave riders or the other high tech innovations. I marvel at them on a ship, but am there to enjoy the sea, food, service and ports.

I know I would enjoy either, as I am sure you would. You cannot make a bad choice with either one. By the way, keep watching the price difference between Ocean View and Balcony. I only paid $200 for an upgrade and a center hump balcony. Have a great trip!

My favorite ship now is ALLURE. I vote for her. The Aqua Theatre always had something going on, movies, sail away party, welcome back party, belly flop contest, dive shows....... The boardwalk also has Rita's which absolutely was a fantastic time at the Fiesta Party. Yes, the ship is huge and does hold 5,000 passengers, but RC does a great job at crowd control by t. My family and myself still are in the WOW stage from sailing on Allure and it was 2 months ago!

If anyone has sailed both of these ships...which one was better in your opinion and why.....

We've already got the Allure booked, but I've been seriously considering a change to the Freedom just because of the sheer BIGness of the Allure. I'm not sure I want an amusement park atmosphere for a week.....:rolleyes:

I have been on Liberty and Oasis (sisters ships to both). I love both ships, however there is far more for your dollar on Allure when you factor in the number of entertainment venues and different dining options (they aren't ALL for a fee!)

A lot of people fear Oasis/Allure because of the size. I think if you give it a try you will see that a cruise is what you make it!

It does not feel crowded as many people think it might.

Our freebie is only the companion fare but we chose Allure due to the savings value. Jane has wanted to go on the Allure and the Visa points justified it to me.

If we went on Freedom OTS the redemption value would have been about $750 but on Big Bertha, (er.. Allure OTS) it's $1440.

Archived