Schedule for South Pacific Grand Voyage

Cruise Junky

Hi - do I understand correctly that HAL runs these every few years? I'm not looking for the one with Asia in it, but the strictly South Pacific Grand Voyage. Any idea when the next one will be?

Thanks

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1502881

The 1,380-passenger ms Amsterdam sails a 75-day Grand Asia and Australia Voyage, departing Seattle, Wash., Sept. 21, 2012. Ports of call during this extended voyage include Darwin, Brisbane and Sydney, Australia; Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea; Waitangi (Bay of Islands) and Auckland, New Zealand; Lautoka, Fiji, and Apia, Samoa Islands. Guests on board will experience regionally inspired cuisine, gala balls and extraordinary entertainment as well as the treasured cruising tradition of crossing the equator before disembarking at San Diego, Calif. Cruise fares begin at $10,999 per person.

The 1,380-passenger ms Amsterdam sails a 75-day Grand Asia and Australia Voyage, departing Seattle, Wash., Sept. 21, 2012. Ports of call during this extended voyage include Darwin, Brisbane and Sydney, Australia; Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea; Waitangi (Bay of Islands) and Auckland, New Zealand; Lautoka, Fiji, and Apia, Samoa Islands. Guests on board will experience regionally inspired cuisine, gala balls and extraordinary entertainment as well as the treasured cruising tradition of crossing the equator before disembarking at San Diego, Calif. Cruise fares begin at $10,999 per person.

Thank you , I'm aware of that sailing. My post was asking for info on the South Pacific Grand Voyage that DIDN'T include Asia. I believe it last ran in 2010. So if whT I'm being told is correct, it should be back in late 2013.

Thank you , I'm aware of that sailing. My post was asking for info on the South Pacific Grand Voyage that DIDN'T include Asia. I believe it last ran in 2010. So if whT I'm being told is correct, it should be back in late 2013.

That one I outlined includes Asia? :confused:

The one in 13 goes primarily to the WW2 islands of the Pacific. It does touch Hong Kong and Shanghai. We think it is a great itinerary, not your typical circle Australia.

The one I'm looking for is a grand voyage, leaving from the US Westcoast, 65 days, heading to Australia & New Zealand via Tahiti and returning to the US via Fiji and Hawaii. No Asia at all. Pretty sure it ran in 2010

Hence it's name, Grand Asia ;)

:D Then it's like the shrimp salad I had the other night as I didn't see much shrimp.

When I think Asia I think Japan, Hong Kong, etc and was just mentioning I didn't see much or any of that on the itinerary I outlined so seemed more S. Pacific to me than Asia.

Good luck finding your preferred itinerary. :)

I found this old roll call. I think this may help others understand what you are looking for.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=660390

Looks like a great itinerary!! :)

Thank you. That's exactly the one I'm looking for. Yes, definitely a fantastic itinerary. Now I just need to know it's next run :)

The last time that cruise ran was September 2009.....I was on it and it was fantastic!!! My understanding at the time was that this was an unusual itinerary for HAL. The cruise was absolutely perfect from ports to weather to passengers.

If you haven't seen it check out my blog of that trip:

http://dreamcruise.kweenkaren.com/

HAL did a a great Pacific sailing a few years back that as I recall seemed to cover a lot of WWII battle sites too. I wonder if you are looking for something like that one -- so are we. Hope HAL thinks about putting it together again, or that someone who took that cruise can give us more details.

I remember reading that itinerary and wishing we had the time to cruise then. I keep watching for something similar from HAL. Maybe if enough of us continue to post about WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR Hal might come up with it! We can always hope . . .

The last time that cruise ran was September 2009.....I was on it and it was fantastic!!! My understanding at the time was that this was an unusual itinerary for HAL. The cruise was absolutely perfect from ports to weather to passengers.

If you haven't seen it check out my blog of that trip:

http://dreamcruise.kweenkaren.com/

Wow your site is amazing! what a wonderful time you must have had. Our friends are really wanting to do this one so I'm trying to source out when it would run again.

Thanks for sharing your site.

HAL did a a great Pacific sailing a few years back that as I recall seemed to cover a lot of WWII battle sites too. I wonder if you are looking for something like that one -- so are we. Hope HAL thinks about putting it together again, or that someone who took that cruise can give us more details.

I remember Princess doing a "Midway" cruise to celebrate what I guess would have been the 60th? :o anniversary. HAL probably did the same.

We were on the 2009 Grand Voyage too and it was an outstanding itinerary. There hasn't been Pacific Grand Voyage with a similar itinerary since and nothing like it through 2013. I would say they should be due to repeat this outstanding itinerary. Why not contact HAL and tell them you are interested in it? We had three wonderful weeks in Australia and New Zealand as well as the numerous South Pacific islands and Hawaii!

I just checked the HAL website for the 2012 GV (ms Amsterdam departing 21 Sept) and the ports listed above are the ports visited after 2 Nov. All the ports before 2 Nov are Asian ports. If there has been a change in this itinerary, it hasn't posted on the HAL site yet! :confused:

Hi - do I understand correctly that HAL runs these every few years? I'm not looking for the one with Asia in it, but the strictly South Pacific Grand Voyage. Any idea when the next one will be?

Thanks

We took the 2009 Grand Voyage which did not include Asia. That was why we wanted to do that particular itinerary. It went to the South Pacific, Australia, and New Zealand, but there were no stops in Asia. It was an absolutely incredible itinerary; I would love to see that one or a similar one repeated very soon!

Like Kween Karen, we also did a blog that you can check out:

http://www.bet410.blogspot.com (Check out 2009 dates as well as the link to our Picasa albums.)

The cruise we are doing in March 2013 on Celebrity Solstice (4b2b) is almost that itinerary:

ITINERARY

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Sat Mar 16 Auckland, New Zealand

8:00pm

Sun Mar 17 Tauranga, New Zealand

8:00am 6:00pm

Mon Mar 18 At Sea

Tue Mar 19 Wellington, New Zealand

Wed Mar 20 Christchurch (Lyttelton), New Zealand

Thu Mar 21 Dunedin (Port Chalmers), New Zealand

7:00am 5:00pm

Fri Mar 22 Doubtful Sound, New Zealand (Cruising)

11:30am 12:30pm

Fri Mar 22 Dusky Sound, New Zealand (Cruising)

8:00am 9:30am

Fri Mar 22 Milford Sound, New Zealand (Cruising)

4:00pm 5:00pm

Sat Mar 23 At Sea

Sun Mar 24 At Sea

Mon Mar 25 Melbourne, Australia

7:00am 7:00pm

Tue Mar 26 At Sea

Wed Mar 27 Sydney, Australia

9:00am

Thu Mar 28 Sydney, Australia

Disembark

Thu Mar 28 Sydney, Australia

6:30pm

Fri Mar 29 At Sea

Sat Mar 30 At Sea

Sun Mar 31 Cairns, Australia

10:00am 8:00pm

Mon Apr 1 Port Douglas, Australia

Tue Apr 2 Willis Island, Australia (Cruising)

Wed Apr 3 Airlie Beach, Australia

Thu Apr 4 At Sea

Fri Apr 5 Brisbane, Australia

Sat Apr 6 At Sea

Sun Apr 7 Sydney, Australia

9:00am

Mon Apr 8 Sydney, Australia

Disembark

Mon Apr 8 Sydney, Australia

6:30pm

Tue Apr 9 At Sea

Wed Apr 10 At Sea

Thu Apr 11 Noumea, New Caledonia

8:00am 5:00pm

Fri Apr 12 At Sea

Sat Apr 13 At Sea

Sun Apr 14 At Sea

Mon Apr 15 At Sea

Tue Apr 16 Papeete, Tahiti, Society Islands

8:00am 11:59pm

Wed Apr 17 Moorea, Society Islands

7:00am 6:00pm

Thu Apr 18 Bora Bora, Society Islands

Fri Apr 19 At Sea

Sat Apr 20 At Sea

Sun Apr 21 At Sea

Mon Apr 22 At Sea

Tue Apr 23 At Sea

Wed Apr 24 Lahaina, Maui, HI

8:00am 11:00pm

Thu Apr 25 Honolulu, Oahu, HI

7:00am

Thu Apr 25 Honolulu, Oahu, HI

Embark

Fri Apr 26 Honolulu, Oahu, HI

11:59pm

Sat Apr 27 Lahaina, Maui, HI

8:00am

Sun Apr 28 Lahaina, Maui, HI

6:00pm

Mon Apr 29 Kilauea Volcano, HI (Cruising)

Mon Apr 29 Kona, Hawaii, HI

Tue Apr 30 Hilo, Hawaii, HI

8:00am 5:00pm

Wed May 1 At Sea

Thu May 2 At Sea

Fri May 3 At Sea

Sat May 4 At Sea

Sun May 5 At Sea

Mon May 6 Ensenada, Mexico

3:00am

• 1 year later...
The one in 13 goes primarily to the WW2 islands of the Pacific. It does touch Hong Kong and Shanghai. We think it is a great itinerary, not your typical circle Australia.

We are signed up for this cruise. Would like to establish contact with shipmates.

Archived