Eclipse and Spring Break

disney4us

Hello! We just booked our first Celebrity cruise over Spring Break. We have a 9 and an 11 year old. After reading on the boards I'm wondering if there will be other kids on our cruise. The agent said that yes there will be lots of kids. And that the entertainment will be geared towards families during Spring Break. Watching the You Tube videos, there are not a lot of kids. TIA!

Generally speaking, you will find more kids (at all times) on Carnival, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean then on Celebrity....however when kids are on spring break, there are a fair number of kids on every (reasonably priced) cruise. Your kids won't be alone....but there will be more adults then children on a Celebrity ship. One never knows on Carnival :)

Hello! We just booked our first Celebrity cruise over Spring Break. We have a 9 and an 11 year old. After reading on the boards I'm wondering if there will be other kids on our cruise. The agent said that yes there will be lots of kids. And that the entertainment will be geared towards families during Spring Break. Watching the You Tube videos, there are not a lot of kids. TIA!

Spring break covers a two month period of time,if you might be a little more specific it might help. I can say that if you booked at Easter, you will have loads of kids, I have done that on a couple of occasions when my kids were small...

I doubt the entertainment is changed during spring break time. If there are lots of schools on spring vacation when you sail there definitely will be more children than when school is in session, but Celebrity is more of an adult oriented line than it's sister company, RCI. If you want lots of children and lots of family oriented activities, RCI would be a better choice.

Why did you duplicate your post.....Once is enough!!!!

The entertainment wont change because it is Spring Break.....As others have mentioned, there will certainly be a higher amount of kinds over spring breaks but Celebrity is geared towards a more mature group....Royal Carribean is the more "Kid Oriented" of the 2, with the DreamWorks at Sea on the Allure.....

They lied they dont change the entertainment because its spring break. If you want lots of kids you booked the wrong cruise line. Try ccl or rccl.

Would probably help to define "lots of kids" so that you can get a more accurate response. How many kids do your children need to be entertained? What types of activities do they enjoy? You'll have to decide between the disappointment of "fewer" kids onboard Celebrity with many kids standing in line for a slide on other ships. But your kids might say- at least there's a slide. If that's not important to them, consider Celebrity because it has an excellent Kids Club with wonderful staff.

There will be some kids; there will not be 'lots' of kids. The childrens program will be the same. My kid sailed on X over 20 times and he always loved it. If your kids want to play with alot of other kids and have tons of entertainment, Celebrity is not it. On the other hand, if they want to be treated as kings and queens and spoiled rotten, and spend some quality time with Mom and Dad they will have a great time.

There will be some kids; there will not be 'lots' of kids. The childrens program will be the same. My kid sailed on X over 20 times and he always loved it. If your kids want to play with alot of other kids and have tons of entertainment, Celebrity is not it. On the other hand, if they want to be treated as kings and queens and spoiled rotten, and spend some quality time with Mom and Dad they will have a great time.

Thank you for your keep. This is exactly what we are looking for. Our kids are more laid back and not adventure seekers. They love the low key on the Disney Magic/Wonder....no slides, rock walls, etc.

I'm sorry that I posted twice. My computer acted like it never posted.

I was on the Eclipse last year with my 2 adult daughters. We loved it so much that we decided to go back with years with hubby and grandkids in tow, ages 5,6,8. Our spring break is the week of March 10th. I swear I interviewed every kid I could find, and they all loved the camp and the ship. So we rebooked!

My two children, now 12 (Sarah) & 16 (Jonathan) have been are several Celebrity cruises & always had a great time. My stepson, Logan, who is 12, was on a Celebrity Alaskan cruise when he was 10 & he also loved it. I am a firm believer that kids must act & dress appropriately (suit & tie on formal nights & nice dress, etc) and in return have always found them very warmly received by adult passengers. The kids & teen group activities have been very good on past sailings. My kids are used to staying & eating at nice places & this is what a Celebrity ship is; a very nice place to stay & dine that also happens to transport you to great places to visit. So you shouldn't be "scared away" but if you think it's going to be a Carnival cruise than you are better off on a different line.

BTW, we are currently booked on the Eclipse for my kids' Spring Break (March 17th). Are you on the same sailing by chance?

There will be lots of kids onboard during spring break. Celebrity is the favorite line of my two children. We have taken several spring break cruises aboard Celebrity and I am pricing the Eclipse right now for March 31. They, and you, will have a great time.

We took the Eclipse during what was Spring Break for schools in South Florida this year. The ship did have a higher number of children and teens on board, but it was not equal to what you would find on RCCI or Carnival during Spring Break.

Entertainment on board was not changed for Spring Break. My daughter nevertheless (tween) had a great time and said she would return in a "heartbeat".

Thank you for all of your help and insight! I greatly appreciate it. We are booked on the March 10th sailing. We are looking forward to our cruise, family time and downtime.

You will probably find more college-aged kids instead of school-aged ones. Our spring break isn't until March 31.

We were on the Eclipse March 5 cruise this year. I would describe it as child-friendly, but not at all child-centered. For us, that was a plus. I have a five-year-old but didn't want a theme park experience onboard. There were lots of families, but everyone was low-key. The kids' club was populated but NOT crowded, so our DS got lots of individual attention. We would totally do Celebrity again with our child, but I have to admit that one of the bigger RCI ships is tempting as he gets older.

Archived