Receipt of shipping documents

ednria

I am quite sure this has been asked previously, but really don't feel like going thru all the posts looking for an answer.

We are on an EB TA, sailing 8/28/12, spending about 6 weeks in Eur/GB and embarking WB on 10/14/12.

I understand the documents are mailed approximately 56 days prior to sailing. In anyone's experience, are they mailed 56 days prior, or actually received by the pax in this timeframe? This schedule doesn't allow much room for error for our return documents. Other than the "Go Green" option, which I haven't heard much good about, is there a Cunard office in Soton where our WB docs can be mailed to? Can I request earlier transmission of my WB docs thru my TA? Or should I just coordinate this thru my TA?

Thanks, and I will not be sitting on my hands, but exploring these questions, just thought someone may have an insight.

I am quite sure this has been asked previously, but really don't feel like going thru all the posts looking for an answer.

We are on an EB TA, sailing 8/28/12, spending about 6 weeks in Eur/GB and embarking WB on 10/14/12.

I understand the documents are mailed approximately 56 days prior to sailing. In anyone's experience, are they mailed 56 days prior, or actually received by the pax in this timeframe? This schedule doesn't allow much room for error for our return documents. Other than the "Go Green" option, which I haven't heard much good about, is there a Cunard office in Soton where our WB docs can be mailed to? Can I request earlier transmission of my WB docs thru my TA? Or should I just coordinate this thru my TA?

Thanks, and I will not be sitting on my hands, but exploring these questions, just thought someone may have an insight.

Cunards Head office is in Southamton

"shipping documents"--are you sailing as cargo?

Your documents are mailed from Southampton even if you booked in the US, so you generally receive them about 40-45 days before sailing. The documents for your return voyage will be identical to the previous ones except for the luggage tags: the Voyage Guide is generic to all sailings on all three ships, you don't have any shore excursions (though Voyage Personlizer will continue to remind you to sign up for them) and terms of Vacation Protection should you be subscribed will be the same. That's all the mailed documents contain. Your boarding passes for your second TA should be available right about the time you sail on your first; if so, just print them all at once and you have nothing else to think about.

the Voyage Guide is generic to all sailings on all three ships
Actually, the mailed documentation contains a generic Voyage Guide as well as a personalized Pre-Voyage Documentation book which includes shore excursion information and a floor plan showing the location of your specific stateroom. The luggage tags are bound into this personalized booklet.

An non-personalized version of the Pre-Voyage Documentation is available online. I don't think I've seen the Voyage Guide online (but I've received the same document three times now)

An non-personalized version of the Pre-Voyage Documentation is available online. I don't think I've seen the Voyage Guide online (but I've received the same document three times now)

You can access the voyage guide as soon as you have booked, the link is in a very obscure place:

1. Log into your voyage personalizer.
  2. Click on the large green button in the right-center of the page ("view your holiday information online")
  3. The very bottom line (in smaller print) will read "To access your voyage guide, please click here"
  4. Right-click and save; it takes a minute or so to download.

You will not find it if you click on the "Your Travel Documents" links in the left-hand margin.

Hmm... when I click the big green "Click here to view your holiday documentation online" button it takes me to a page explaining Go Green with a big "Go Green" button at the bottom of the page. Doesn't look like there's a link to the voyage guide for me. This is for my February cruise, currently 114 days out.

Not a big deal, since I didn't bother to read it the last time or two.

And....even if you don't get your documents.....it doesn't really matter. All that matters is that
you have your passport and
are on the ship's manifest (which you will be) - that's the only legal document that counts...

You'll be in deep do-do if you don't bring your passport:D

Archived