Ultimate Ship Tour: Can I pre-reserve?

tennisobo

I called Princess, but was on hold and finally decided to try the experts here on C.C.

My mom is interested in pre-reserving the Ultimate Ship Tour for my step-father. Is this possible? I didn't find any place at princess.com to do this.

Thanks!

I called Princess, but was on hold and finally decided to try the experts here on C.C.

My mom is interested in pre-reserving the Ultimate Ship Tour for my step-father. Is this possible? I didn't find any place at princess.com to do this.

Thanks!

Nope. You have to do it once on board.

a few questions about the ultimate ship tour, if you have taken it before,

is there a fee for the tour?

what areas of the ship does it include?

how much time does the tour take? thanx, Mike in CT

We did the UST on the Coral last month and it was $150 and took nearly 4 hours. It's advertised as taking only about 3 but we were lucky and got very chatty people. We saw backstage in the theatre, mooring deck, kitchens, medical centre, print shop, laundry and the bridge. Photos are taken along the way (you can't bring your own camera) and goodies are waiting in the galley to eat. You'll get a very plush (and heavy) bathrobe, chef's jacket, personalized notepad and photos later that day in your cabin. It was absolutely worth the money and I would recommend it to anyone. You do need to sign up at the Passenger Services desk as soon as you get on board - it fills up fast! Hope this helps! :D

I have found the search on this forums very good... I can usually find anything I have a question on...

Last week, Dh asked about the Ultimate Tour... I found a few great threads that answered all my questions...

the main one being... Is is worth the money?

at first I was not planning on going with him...but decided that even though the cost would be $300 for the both of us... it would be worth the money spent.

**edited to add --

I forgot to mention, I read in one post that there were 11 folks in the tour, 1 did not show up... which led me to believe it's a group of 12 for the tour... though that could be ship depending. But if it's only 12, we'd like to be in there.... if too many sign up -- there is a lottery to choose who goes.

Thanks!

As soon as you get on board, go to the service desk and ask to be put on the list! Depending on how many are interested, they may choose by a lottery system!

The tour involves walking and climbing stairs, so hopefully your step father is up to it.

You will visit backstage in the theater and meet two of the dancers who will answer questions and then pose with the group for a photo. You will get to see some of the workings of the backstage area. It was really pretty interesting!

You will visit the galley(some fancy snacks for all, there!), the laundry, the engine room (the guys love this one!), the print shop, the photo shop, you will go up to the area of one of the smoke stacks, and then visit with the captain on the bridge. We had champagne and chocolate covered strawberries with the captain!

Afterward, you will get a chef's jacket, a big fluffy robe, a note pad with your name imprinted on it and photos from all of the areas you visited!(these will be sent to your cabin)

It is well worth the $150/pp. !! :D

I would really like to do the UST and understand that you have to sign up as soon as you get on board; my questions is: when is the tour done, prior to departing the dock or sometime during the cruise?

Thanks

It was done during the cruise.

I would really like to do the UST and understand that you have to sign up as soon as you get on board; my questions is: when is the tour done, prior to departing the dock or sometime during the cruise?

Thanks

As noted in other posts it is usually done the last full day of the cruise as was ours. ;)

One other thing to mention for ladies taking this tour (I read this on another thread - I haven't had the chance myself to do the tour, yet), you MUST wear closed toe shoes or you will not be allowed to take the tour.

My husband, sister and I took this tour and enjoyed it. My sister & I had on sandels and they did not say a thing. Our tour was very small as only one other person was on it.

Archived