- Money

- Cabaret

La Cage Aux Folles

- Best of Times

- La Cage Aux Folles

A Chorus Line

- What I did for Love

- One

I agree with you - definitely not my fave. As someone who likes musicals, I thought the exclusion of popular, well-known shows like Rent, Cats, Les Miz, West Side Story, and Oklahoma in favor of four songs from Phantom and Sunset Boulevard was off. I’ll forgive not having Chicago since that's Allure's show, but still. No "Memory" or "Seasons of Love?" Not a very good representation of Broadway and the West End!

The only ones I recognized was Phantom of the Opera and Technicolor Dreamcoat. It would have been nice to have more recognizable ones for people that aren't that familar with all the broadway shows.

Really??? In addition to making more work for your cabin steward, did you ever stop to think that you may be flooding your neighbor's bathroom???

Hey, whatever makes life more convenient for YOU.

Geeze. A bit harsh and judgemental don't you think?:confused:

Thanks for the review, I am really enjoying it so far.

We went to Nachi Cocum Beach last cruise and liked the place. Food was good, and we thought the drinks tasted fine, but we are not big drinkers so probably wouldn't notice the difference unless they were really strong. We had several drinks each over a period of about 4 hours and never felt anything so you are probably right about them being weak since normally it would take 2 beers and I feel it. Only real complaint was the sand bugs, but since it was forever since I had been to the beach I guess I didn't remember them.

Geeze. A bit harsh and judgemental don't you think?:confused:

If you'd ever had your bathroom flooded by a neighboring cabin like we did on our last Explorer cruise, you'd feel differently.

So no, I don't think I'm being harsh at all.

If you'd ever had your bathroom flooded by a neighboring cabin like we did on our last Explorer cruise, you'd feel differently.

So no, I don't think I'm being harsh at all.

CHILL! I'm trying to enjoy Beach Chick's trip report.... and I don't think she meant she intentionally flooded the bathroom just so she could wreak havoc on the ship.... geez!

Beach Chik - thanx for the camera info. I took a quickie class before our DCL cruise last year that really helped me. I just can't seem to wrap my mind around low light situations... So I will play with the ISO - thank you!!!

Keep up the great review, I'm loving all the info and photos!!!

CHILL! I'm trying to enjoy Beach Chick's trip report.... and I don't think she meant she intentionally flooded the bathroom just so she could wreak havoc on the ship.... geez!

Beach Chik - thanx for the camera info. I took a quickie class before our DCL cruise last year that really helped me. I just can't seem to wrap my mind around low light situations... So I will play with the ISO - thank you!!!

Keep up the great review, I'm loving all the info and photos!!!

Thanks! I didn't literally flood the bathroom. It was meant as a joke, but I just ignore her comments as I am not going to bicker.

Definitely play with the ISO settings. Small changes can really make a difference in the lighting of the picture.

Thanks! I didn't literally flood the bathroom. It was meant as a joke, but I just ignore her comments as I am not going to bicker.

Your original comment had a smiley following your description of the shower as a death tunnel, which I took as a joke. No smiley following your statement about flooding the bathroom, which I figured was not a joke.

Whatever. I'm done.

Don't know why I can't see any of your photo's just say 061.jpg

anyone else get this..

I enjoy your review to see how someone else see the same week you did...I loved the ship and did the b2b and this was my second week and will book it again for next year. A great ship!

Don't know why I can't see any of your photo's just say 061.jpg

anyone else get this..

I enjoy your review to see how someone else see the same week you did...I loved the ship and did the b2b and this was my second week and will book it again for next year. A great ship!

Yes sorry. I hit my bandwidth limit on photobucket. Once it rolls over which should be in a day or two the pictures will show up and I will finish the ports.

Your original comment had a smiley following your description of the shower as a death tunnel, which I took as a joke. No smiley following your statement about flooding the bathroom, which I figured was not a joke.

Whatever. I'm done.

Sue, you have got to be one of the funniest people on here. Forever between posts but a joke by someone gets 3 replys. :rolleyes:

Since photo bucket has finally released my pics from bandwidth prision I will try to wrap this up.

Labadee, Haiti

This is a pretty decent sized area. Due to my mobility issues and how I was feeling the day we were here we didn't really explore that much. It was also very very hot the day we were there. We picked a spot and just relaxed. We ended up staying on the side where they zip line. It does have a rocky bottom but we had swim shoes so it wasn't an issue and the water was less crowded. You can rent mats, I think they were $5-10, can't remember for sure. Lunch was served in a pavillion nearby. It was standard BBQ stuff, hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken and I think rice. There was also a stand where you could buy soda and water. The drink people were wandering also selling the Labadoozie in the Labadee cup. Again can't remember for sure but I think it was around $10. You could also get it without alcohol.

2072.jpg

1932.jpg

1902.jpg

By the end of the day all you could see was blue clam shells. It was covered. I don't know if there was a cost associated with it but they do set them up for you. You can fit three lounge chairs underneath. You can see the coaster in the trees in the background.

1692.jpg

1622.jpg

1822.jpg

We only went in a few shops but I heard from several people that many of the vendors were pushy. I didn't experience this and even when I do I don't let it bother me, but I know it makes some people uncomfortable.

Falmouth Jamaica

There has been alot of posts about this port and how complete it was. I asked before we got there and I was told they were about 90% complete. When we arrived I saw very few buildings that were not done. They did a very nice job with the port are IMO. Again we just wanted to relax and go to a beach that was relatively close to the port. I wasn't up for taking a 1-2 hour bus ride to get anywhere so we ended up chosing the Chukka Beach Break and lunch through the cruise ship. We enjoyed it but like Nachi in Mexico it is not for those that want alot of activity or party type atmostphere. They did play some music all day but it was very relaxed. There are some vendors along the beach next to this area but the employees do not let them stay and bother the guests. We saw several chased off the property. You can walk down the beach a little to visit some shops if you like. We actually bought a few things at one of the places nearby.

Pics of the port area

0723.jpg

0713.jpg

0693.jpg

0673.jpg

0643.jpg

0075.jpg

No problem - also for "Marquee," the songs/musicals featured are:

42nd Street

- 42nd Street

- We’re in the Money

- Lullaby of Broadway

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

- Joseph Megamix

Sunset Boulevard

- With One Look

Phantom of the Opera

- Phantom of the Opera

- Masquerade

- Music of the Night

- All I ask of You

Cabaret

- Wilkommen

- Money

- Cabaret

La Cage Aux Folles

- Best of Times

- La Cage Aux Folles

A Chorus Line

- What I did for Love

- One

I agree with you - definitely not my fave. As someone who likes musicals, I thought the exclusion of popular, well-known shows like Rent, Cats, Les Miz, West Side Story, and Oklahoma in favor of four songs from Phantom and Sunset Boulevard was off. I’ll forgive not having Chicago since that's Allure's show, but still. No "Memory" or "Seasons of Love?" Not a very good representation of Broadway and the West End!

We thought it was one of the best choices of music we hsave ever had on a cruise ship. Loved the selections.JOHO.

They do drive around Falmouth for about 30 minutes and tell you a little about the town. These pics were all taken through a window of a moving van that had tint on it hence the purple hue. But it gives an idea of how the town looked. Clearly a poor area, reminded me a little of Belize, but everyone we encountered was very friendly. We were offered pot a few times but we laughed it off, just said no thank you and kept moving. Have had it happen before in Costa Rica so no biggie. I just think its funny how open they are about it.

0305.jpg

0285.jpg

0255.jpg

0185.jpg

0165.jpg

0155.jpg

Archived