Freedom of the Seas Review w/lots of pics! 10/16 to 10/23

BeachChik

Overall we had a good time. We did miss Grand Cayman due to weather. I told my hubby the night before that I thought we wouldn't make it as the waves were pretty good. We just enjoyed another sea day but I know many people went down to yell at guest services. What they thought they could do for them I don't know. They did automatically credit our account for the port fees.

Few random thoughts. The ice cream machine always had a line, when it was actually up and running. They seemed to take it apart frequently. I'm a late night snacker so I was a little bummed that the Windjammer closed so early. I didn't care for Sorrentos pizza. Never seemed to have enough sauce on it.

Food in the MDR was good. I enjoyed everything except the desserts. Most had fruit of some kind in them. I don't like fruit messing up my dessert :). I ended up getting ice cream every night. Our MDR waiters were awesome. They had some strange requests from our table and made it all happen. And every night would tell us what was going on that night and the next day. When we were in Mexico we had a late departure, I think 6:30pm, they told us that it was no problem if we came to dinner late since we didn't have to be back on board until then as we had 6pm dining. We were on time but a nice gesture none the less.

Our room steward was average. He never did turn down and the towel animals were sporadic and some nights we had one, others we didn't. One was actually made with a used wet towel and by the time we got back to our room it had fallen over because it was so wet.

Shows for the most part were great. We did also watch Kung Fu Panda 2 in 3D which was nice.

Gramham Seymour was very good. We found him very funny. Even the captain was funny. He was very conversational over the anouncments. He was always trying to make jokes.

I will leave you with some random pictures. If anyone has any questions, I will try to answer.

189.jpg

166.jpg

1512.jpg

1422.jpg

0963.jpg

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!

We are going on the Freedom this February for the 4th time. After several Oasis class trips I was a little worried if I would still find the FOS great.

Thanks to your fantastic photos.........no really you take great pictures........I cant wait to get back on that ship! Your review was a pleasure......

Thanks again

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! I'm glad so many enjoyed it. I read so many reviews prior to our trip as I love looking at other peoples photos that I wanted to pay that back.

One last photo that is one of my favorites

0325.jpg

Thank You so much for the great review and fantastic pictures. We will be on the Freedom at the end of the month. Great seeing the dailies and can now plan some of our days and evenings. Its nice to have an idea of what to look forward to.:)

We are also thinking about the Chucka beach break - did you feel it was worth the cost? Also, if one does the break without lunch. is there a place to purchase food? Debating between this and just going to Drs Cove beach on our own - any thoughts?

Thanks, Vicky

We are also thinking about the Chucka beach break - did you feel it was worth the cost? Also, if one does the break without lunch. is there a place to purchase food? Debating between this and just going to Drs Cove beach on our own - any thoughts?

Thanks, Vicky

I didn't care for the food but the other three in my party enjoyed it. Its jerk chicken, rice and a Cole slaw type salad. I don't know about regular food but they did have snacks and drinks available for purchase. The beach was nice and not crowded and you could walk down quite a ways in either direction. If you want to snorkel this would not be a good beach. It's mostly a sand bottom. I would go again but I don't think I would do the lunch at least for myself. I posted a pic earlier of the food. If that's stuff you will like I would go with the lunch just to save the hassel or not having to worry about it. It is very close to the port and they do shuttles back to the pier every 30 minutes so you can leave whenever you are ready.

What a great review! Really enjoyed it! I also really liked the photos, very nice ones.

A question, does all balconies have the same depth (from the door to the rail)?

I don't know about the balcony size. You might be able to find that on the rccl website. Or someone with a little more experience might be able to answer. It was pretty good size. Would have been nice to have a lounge chair but I made my own using both chairs.:)

Beach chick, I am sailing Freedom in Dec. I plan on showing some photos. What website did u use to upload photos and did u have to resize your photos? Thank u for the great review.

I put all my photos on photobucket. I did not have to resize them. Their website is very easy to use.

Archived