Freedom of the Seas Review w/lots of pics! 10/16 to 10/23

BeachChik

Having sailed recently, I can assure everyone that the steak served Saturday night is NOT the same NY strip served in Chops. In my opinion, it was barely passable as a steak. To ensure that I am not exaggerating, the 2 other gentleman at our table ordered the same and their steaks were the same as mine. Thin and pale. Avoid the temptation (as we weren't able to) and go with the pasta dish that I believe is on the menu that evening.

On a positive note, all week the food in the MDR was quite good. DW had 2 lobster tails and commented that they were great. We ate at Chops one evening and although it was good, it was not impressive. We were, however, impressed with Portofino. I had the grilled tuna steak and DW had the prosciutto wrapped veal. Both were spectacular. Highly recommended.

Great review so far and yes, the burgers at Johnny Rockets are quite large! Yummy though!

My DH wore a tux on both formal nights, so maybe it was him you saw, lol. We had second seating. He rented a tux so he didn't have to carry his suit or sport jacket since we were gone from home for 18 days and had too much to carry anyway.:D

I am one of those people that takes pictures of everything. On the last night I think I hit every floor on the ship making sure I got all the pictures I wanted. There is artwork everywhere. I'm sure many people walk right by and don't take the time to stop and look. I realized that on every passenger deck right off the elevators, each side has the interactive art. The ones in the boxes that you turn the knob. I hit every floor to see each one.

0222.jpg

0062.jpg

This was one of my favorites

0332.jpg

Some of it was kinda ugly. This one was right by our room

1.jpg

My hubby had a funny name for what he thought it looked like. I will not share the inappropriate comment, but just use your imagination. :D

Here is the list of nightly shots along with the color of glass they come in.

CCE10252011_00000.jpg

Another side note, in the photo area they set up the displays so you can view your photos and purchase the ones you want. I didn't notice until the end but they have an area off to the side with several touch screen computers. You swipe your room key and it allows you to view all the photos you have had taken and purchase the ones you want. Much less hassle than trying to sift through the mounds of photos on the display boards and this way you can see all your photos at once to determine which ones you really like.

Oh yummy!

Thank you so much for the cruise compass...I am going to write out a schedule for myself.Of course like the cruise, we have a right to change the itinerary....:) on another note, do you have any pics of your meals..yumm or cupcakes...yummm looking for more incentive to stay on my diet:p

Pics around the ship

I think one of the best places to relax on the ship is Olive or Twist. It has great views and live music at night. We had an awesome bartender who actually has some games with toothpicks that he sets up if you want to play. I think we completed four of the puzzles he gave us.

040.jpg

2422.jpg

It overlooks the kids area and is just a relaxing spot.

We did have some rocking and rolling for a night or two. Which is why we missed Grand Cayman. We sat up on the main deck one night watching the water come out of the pool.

2333.jpg

They played a few movies on the big screen at night, but if you want to do dinner and the shows you miss them as they usually fall around 8-8:30pm. They also played some football and baseball, but not that many people sat around to watch.

1803.jpg

Adult pool at night

163.jpg

164.jpg

I saw alot of people wandering at night to get night shots. Here's my photo tip, don't use flash at night. With flash the back of the photo gets blacked out and you lose the detail in the background. Actually most of the photos I took of the ship, inside shots included, were taken without flash. The flash creates fake lighting.

Thank you so much for the cruise compass...I am going to write out a schedule for myself.Of course like the cruise, we have a right to change the itinerary....:) on another note, do you have any pics of your meals..yumm or cupcakes...yummm looking for more incentive to stay on my diet:p

I didn't take any photos of our meals on the ship. I had said I was going to get a cupcake everyday but never got around to it. With all the regular meals and I got desert every night at dinner to try something new I just never wanted any more treats.

When I looked at other people's photo's of the swimmer on the ceiling I had thought it was kind of ugly. But in person it looked better to me.

1713.jpg

The gym. It is a pretty good sized gym, not that I spent any time here :D. There is also a small area off to the side where they do things like step classes.

178.jpg

I can't remember where this was but I liked the star lighting at night.

169.jpg

Computer center

0042.jpg

Library

0122.jpg

When I looked at other people's photo's of the swimmer on the ceiling I had thought it was kind of ugly. But in person it looked better to me.

I can't remember where this was but I liked the star lighting at night.

169.jpg

I think that looks like the part of the Solarium right in front of the bar. What do you think?

arcade. The hubby and I always have to hit the arcade. We get competative about air hockey. :D It's a pretty good size with quite a few games. You load money on to your seapass and then swipe your card on each game.

105.jpg

106.jpg

We played some skee ball, racing game and a few shooter games.

Dining room staircase

1562.jpg

Touch screens on every floor. Very cool to use. If you get confused on where you are and where you want to go it will actually map you to where you want to be. Good for someone like me who gets confused if you are in the front or the back of the ship.

153.jpg

The also have these next to the elevators

151.jpg

Archived