Annoying

sheree23

Whenever my DH or I log onto the Carnival website to surf around and see our countdown to our cruise, that evening I always have a call on my answering maching from my "personal vacation planner" who noticed that I frequented the website that day. We booked through an online TA so we didn't even book through Carnival although I guess they just want more business but don't they realize that if we NEED something, we'll call? (I haven't been able to answer the phone when they call because I'm always at work)

It's so annoying! Just wanted to voice my frustrations.

I agree 100%. I signed up on the Carnival website just to make sure everything was in order (we had booked through a travel agent). They asked me for my daytime phone number and I gave them the number of the main switchboard at work. I usually use this number as it seems to deter telemarketers when they call and realize that they have called a business rather than an individual.

The very next day at work, I come back from lunch and there is a message from my "personal vacation planner" asking me to call her so she can discuss the "current cruise specials" with me. I am ALREADY on a cruise, leaving in 2 weeks. I really don't think I am ready to discuss booking ANOTHER one right away!

At least I know they will be calling, and that I should not answer calls that I can tell have come from the switchboard!

I always have a call on my answering maching from my "personal vacation planner" who noticed that I frequented the website that day.

Which is why I HATE the Carnival website. VERY little you can do without "logging on". :mad:

I never receive phone calls from Carnival, and I'm on their website all the time. The only reason I can think of is maybe because I have my t/a's information listed under my profile?

I would think that might be a good reason why.

When I first signed up on Carnival's site, I put in a false number so they wouldn't call me. I continued to get a small number of e-mails, which was fine. When I was finally ready to book, I contacted the PVP who was sending me the e-mails and booked with her and told her my number had changed. She hasn't called me since I got everything squared away. After my cruise, I will probably change the number in my profile again so that I won't get any solicitations until I am ready.

I'm on there all the time and haven't had a call from a PVP since I first logged on about 2 years ago. Maybe it depends on which PVP gets assigned to you. I guess I just got lucky. I do get an occasional email, but even that is only 1 or 2 times a month.

When I first signed up on Carnival's site, I put in a false number so they wouldn't call me. I continued to get a small number of e-mails, which was fine. When I was finally ready to book, I contacted the PVP who was sending me the e-mails and booked with her and told her my number had changed. She hasn't called me since I got everything squared away. After my cruise, I will probably change the number in my profile again so that I won't get any solicitations until I am ready.

they check the phone numbers now so if you give them a false one they make you update your info....

Sometimes when I leave Carnival's website, I get a pop-up window that asks for my # so that a PVP can contact me. It always has my phone number filled in, but I just click the window off and no one has ever called me, not once.

I've only gotten one call and that was 2 1/2 years ago when I first registered on their site. I get occasional e-mails but no calls even after I've been on Carnival's website. Our current cruise was booked thru a local TA.

This has been seriously annoying me too. As a matter of fact, the last time the PVP called me, I told him so. I told him it was annoying to have that little box pop up every time you want to start a new search, and it was even more annoying to get a phone call from them every time. I told him that I had any questions or was ready to book, I would definitely give them a call, so leave me alone until then. He said I was not the first to complain of it, but there was nothing he could do. I told him to make some kind of note in my record that I didn't want any more phone calls after a visit to the website. I have only been back once, and I didn't get a phone call after that. Maybe complaining worked?

I also sent them an email about it on their Contact Us page. Haven't heard a reply back yet. I doubt if I will, and if I do, it will probably be in their usual 3-month response time!

It sounds like the people who are getting the calls are the ones who sign-off when they get ready to leave the site. I haven't gotten calls since I stay logged in. I know it's hard if you are using a shared computer - but my suggestion would be to log in and stay logged in - even if you exit the website you will still be logged in when you return again.

I also gave a fake phone number, and they didn't even make me change it online when I gave them my real number during booking. I am on the website almost daily to see if the price went down, so I hope whoever's number I gave doesn't get a call every night! :D

-Lucki701

I was getting annoyed by the phone calls as well, but hadn't booked my cruise yet. I had pricing info from my T/A and called the PVP to compare. Once he confirmed that the prices I had included taxes and everything, he told me I was getting a great deal from the T/A and to go for it.

Since then, I still get occasional emails about sales and specials, but no more phone calls. I even wrote to him with a question about the cruise and he quickly sent me a nice reply.

• 4 weeks later...
I was getting annoyed by the phone calls as well, but hadn't booked my cruise yet. I had pricing info from my T/A and called the PVP to compare. Once he confirmed that the prices I had included taxes and everything, he told me I was getting a great deal from the T/A and to go for it.

Since then, I still get occasional emails about sales and specials, but no more phone calls. I even wrote to him with a question about the cruise and he quickly sent me a nice reply.

That's so nice of you. Book with the TA and then go to the PVP for service. Why don't you ask your T/A the question? He/she is the one making the comission. I guess you want the lower price, but want PVP's service.:rolleyes:

When ever I log on, I get a call from my PVP. It is not annoying.....I think it is a smart business practice. I guess that's why CCL is the most profitable cruise line in the industry. I encourage CCL to keep on calling whom ever goes on the website.....I am a stock holder.:D

I booked my cruise with a PVP and I'm on the Carnival site all the time, he never calls me.

My last five cruises have been booked with the same PVP. The first time I visited Carnival website, I 'enrolled' or whatever. I've never signed in or out since....and that was a few years ago. I'm there quite often, and NEVER get any calls.

Ooops, I take that back...she did call once when there was a 2-day CTN that came up suddently. I had told her to call if that ever happened. Otherwise, nada, and that's definitely a good thing.:)

I have a window that pops up if I am researching a quote or looking at tours and asks do I want the vacation planner to call, I always click no and have not had any unwanted calls.

I never get pop ups, but then I use Firefox, not Internet Explorer.

That's so nice of you. Book with the TA and then go to the PVP for service. Why don't you ask your T/A the question? He/she is the one making the comission. I guess you want the lower price, but want PVP's service.:rolleyes:

When ever I log on, I get a call from my PVP. It is not annoying.....I think it is a smart business practice. I guess that's why CCL is the most profitable cruise line in the industry. I encourage CCL to keep on calling whom ever goes on the website.....I am a stock holder.:D

FYI, the PVP offered to answer any questions I might have (even though he knew I was booking with the T/A- AT HIS RECOMMENDATION - please reread my original post) and was free to not respond to my emailed question, so back off! :mad:

By the way, the questions pertained to Carnival policies that I don't believe the T/A would have information about.

I too never receive calls from a Carnival PVP. I visit the CCL page every once in a while. Perhaps I never receive these calls because we already have a PVP that takes care of us everytime - and I might add he does an EXCELLENT JOB! Our PVP always takes care of us and never bothers us.

If I were you, I would contact Carnival's PVP department and advise them to note on your account not to call. I am sure this will work, especially if they want to keep you business. I always give web sites "false information" unless I am interested. They will get 407-555-1212 unless I am interested :)

Archived