Annoying

sheree23

What's even more annoying for me is the emails that I am now all of a sudden getting from Cunard, Seabourne, Windstar and Princess. Never used to get those and have not signed up recently on any of their sites. I guess that since they are all under the Carnival umbrella they are now starting to cross reference email lists. I have been unsubscribing to them as fast as they come in.

FYI, the PVP offered to answer any questions I might have (even though he knew I was booking with the T/A- AT HIS RECOMMENDATION - please reread my original post) and was free to not respond to my emailed question, so back off! :mad:

By the way, the questions pertained to Carnival policies that I don't believe the T/A would have information about.

Yeah, but if the pvp would have not responded you probably would have been on here flaming how you go not response. If you booked through a T/A then that is your point of contact. Your t/a has access to all carnival policies. Do you think CCL pays them commission so you can call a CCL rep for service? In that case why pay the T/A? How are they earning their commission?:rolleyes:

Just my $0.02

Sometimes when I leave Carnival's website, I get a pop-up window that asks for my # so that a PVP can contact me. It always has my phone number filled in, but I just click the window off and no one has ever called me, not once.

Same here, and I also have my TA name in my profile. I don't get any calls, yes, I get the e-mails, which I look at, but that OK with me.

Matt

I stay signed in with Carnival and have visited their site on several occasions during the 1 day sale. I got 3 calls... That is annoying to me! The first one was OK, but repeated calls are awful! I am also getting ALOT of emails and regular mail from other cruiselines now- which is very annoying since I didn't ask for them. My information is obviously being shared and I didn't find an area where I could opt out of marketing information.

Yeah, but if the pvp would have not responded you probably would have been on here flaming how you go not response. If you booked through a T/A then that is your point of contact. Your t/a has access to all carnival policies. Do you think CCL pays them commission so you can call a CCL rep for service? In that case why pay the T/A? How are they earning their commission?:rolleyes:

Just my $0.02

You like to jump to conclusions and make baseless accusations don't you? The first flame I saw here was yours criticizing something that is really none of your business, and off-topic as well. :rolleyes:

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty impressed with the pvp's attitude and helpfulness. The next time I'm looking into a cruise, I will be sure to work with him on it. If he can get me a better deal than the t/a, he'll get the business. :cool:

Go to www.donotcall.gov I have not received a solicitation/telemarketer call since I registered about two years ago. As for e-mail, get an e-mail address with spam filtering. Yahoo is great.

I wonder if this is why I couldn't get a call from them when I wanted one, since I'm on this list (love it, BTW!). I've never gotten a call from Carnival in all the times I've visited their site. Last summer, I actually requested that a PVP contact me three separate times, and no one ever called. I finally gave up. :rolleyes:

I am on the national "don't call" registry for both my home and cell phones... Since I registered with their (Carnival's) website, I am doing "business" with them and they can call me as much as they want- I did provide them with my phone number after all. I just want to be able to check off an area when I'm signing up that I don't want to be solicited personally.

The "don't call" listing only protects me from blind cold calls/telemarketers and not from information I've given someone.

I guess I could ask them not to call me anymore, but I doubt that would do any good since I already click out of the "call me box."

I usually "x" out of the pop ups as soon as they come up. Next time I'll be sure to notice what it says and delete the phone number if that's what I need to do.

We are on the Do not call registry list. Thanks though for that website. I'm sure it's helpful to others.

Go to www.donotcall.gov I have not received a solicitation/telemarketer call since I registered about two years ago. As for e-mail, get an e-mail address with spam filtering. Yahoo is great.

If you have cruised or purchased a cruise from Carnival in the last 18 months, then you are considered to have business relationship with them and therefore they can still call you even if your number is on the do not call list. in this case, you have to make a specific request to Carnival not to call you and then they cannot call you if your name is on the list.

This is not necessarily true. THey can only call you as it pertains to a booking, such as to offer you an upgrade. Just because you are booked with them for a cruise, does not mean they can call you to try to sell you another cruise. If they are doing that, and you are registered on the do not call list, they are violating federal law. Remind them of that and I bet the calls will stop. I work for a communications company and we got extensive training on this. The same goes for e-mail. There is an opt out, or unsubscribe link at the bottom of the e-mail. Use it.

If you have cruised or purchased a cruise from Carnival in the last 18 months, then you are considered to have business relationship with them and therefore they can still call you even if your number is on the do not call list. in this case, you have to make a specific request to Carnival not to call you and then they cannot call you if your name is on the list.

Also, if you contact a place of business, they can contact you for 90 days if you're on the list. I requested a brochure from a pool company, and we had a salesman calling like clockwork; he called every 2 weeks for about 3 months. When we didn't re-initiate contact, thus extending the 90-day time period, they had to stop calling, and they did.

Carnival could say that every time you go to the website is your way of initiating contact, thus giving them 90 days to call you if you're on the list. If you actually end up doing business with the company, such as booking a cruise (or if we had bought the pool), now they can contact you for 18 months after the point of sale. I believe all of this is still null and void if you tell them to stop calling, I'm not sure on that part.

I receive one call from Carnival shortly after registering with their site. I told the PVP that I was already booked on a cruise and that I always use a local travel agent. I've never had a call since. I think if you make it clear that you do not want them to call they'll stop.

While I understand people's frustration at unwanted calls, please allow me to present this from a different perspective.

I work with a real estate company that has an extensive web presence.

All the web exposure is designed to drive business to the agent so we can make more money.

I'm guessing Carnival's site works the same way. Obviously they are becoming less reliant on private TA's and using their web site to bring in business to their PVP's.

Leads come into the PVP's and they do their job which is contacting you.

As jasonsterling said, a simple "thanks,I was just looking around" is probably enough to keep them away.

I'm on Carnival's site often......and do find the site to be a pain.

However, I never recieve calls after visiting the site.

After reading this post, I even went and checked to see if my correct phone number is in my profile and it is. I do have a travel agent listed also, so maybe that's the reason as someone else stated above.

I'll tell you this......If Carnival started calling me after I visit the site...I'd be very very annoyed.

While I understand people's frustration at unwanted calls, please allow me to present this from a different perspective.

I work with a real estate company that has an extensive web presence.

All the web exposure is designed to drive business to the agent so we can make more money.

I'm guessing Carnival's site works the same way. Obviously they are becoming less reliant on private TA's and using their web site to bring in business to their PVP's.

Leads come into the PVP's and they do their job which is contacting you.

As jasonsterling said, a simple "thanks,I was just looking around" is probably enough to keep them away.

If that's that case then you should have the option on the web site to let Carnival know if you want to be contacted at your home. They have no right to assume that you want a phone call.

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I want to clear the air. GMAN2004's unwarranted criticism of me earlier in this thread prompted me to email the Carnival pvp with whom I've been corresponding.

I attempted to send a private email to GMAN2004 about this rather than post it publicly, but he does not accept emails through this forum. He was mistaken about several things, however, and I believe they should be cleared up the hope of preventing a similar attack in the future. I think the following emails speak for themselves:

Dear (Carnival rep),

Since booking my cruise with a travel agent, I have emailed a couple of questions to you, which you have been quick to respond to. However, it has been pointed out to me that it may have been inappropriate for me to contact you with questions since I did not book my cruise with you. Please let me know if that is true, because if it is, I apologize. The person who told me this said that you are on commission and since I booked through a travel agent instead of you, it was rude of me to go to you afterward. I apparently should only contact the travel agent. This was completely unintentional on my part, and I am more than willing to take all future questions about my currently booked cruise to the agent.

Before I booked my cruise I did discuss the price available from the travel agent and you were very gracious, telling me that they were offering a very good price and you thought I should take it. I really appreciated your help and candor and hope to work with you in the future.

Sincerely,

(jerick)

Hello (jerick),

Thanks for your kind thoughts, but don’t give it a second thought. You got a great price thru one of our travel partners and I am happy you are sailing with Carnival.

You are still one of my guests and as such, I want you to contact me with any general questions you might have regarding your next cruise. I look forward to being of assistance to you in the future.

Regards,

(Carnival Rep)

'nuff said.

I attempted to send a private email to GMAN2004 about this rather than post it publicly, but he does not accept emails through this forum.

I'm not in any way directing this towards the thread subject - but I do want to point out that the email feature on the boards does not function - even for those who wish that people would contact them directly. I don't beleive the feature has worked since the boards were revamped. That is why I have my email addy in my signature. So please do not assume that because you can't contact someone through CC that they are in any way trying to avoid people.

In my opinion it is best not to email people directly when you in a DEBATE about something. It is best just to air your differences here. That way no one can say you are harrassing them if you direct your ocmments to the subject and not the person. Again just my opinion.

Thanks Cheryl, those are good points. I didn't realize that email hasn't been working at all, but I was just trying to point out that even though I want GMAN2004 to be aware of the conversation with my pvp, my intention was not to publicly attempt to retaliate, but merely to enlighten, which I thought might be best done privately, if possible.

Thanks Cheryl, those are good points. I didn't realize that email hasn't been working at all, but I was just trying to point out that even though I want GMAN2004 to be aware of the conversation with my pvp, my intention was not to publicly attempt to retaliate, but merely to enlighten, which I thought might be best done privately, if possible.

I understand your intent and I don't know the other poster in question - but I do know that even your best intentions could be taken in the wrong way and it is just best not to start anything through email that you might find to later be a distraction - the other person harassing you - which I'm not implying would happen.

I would limit contacting someone by email. If you have a specific question or if you are trying to make arrangements that you don't want public then it's great - too bad it doesn't work.

I understand your intent and I don't know the other poster in question - but I do know that even your best intentions could be taken in the wrong way and it is just best not to start anything through email that you might find to later be a distraction - the other person harassing you - which I'm not implying would happen.

I would limit contacting someone by email. If you have a specific question or if you are trying to make arrangements that you don't want public then it's great - too bad it doesn't work.

I'm sure you are right. There is wisdom in what you say. Thanks for the insight!:D

According to my PVP they do not work directly on commission but rather a bonus-quota system. According to her, they are given a quota each month and if they reach that quota then they receive a bonus so they do not actually get a direct commission from each sale but it does go into the total at the end of the month. Almost the same thing but not quite!!!:)

:rolleyes:

When ever I log on, I get a call from my PVP. It is not annoying.....I think it is a smart business practice. I guess that's why CCL is the most profitable cruise line in the industry. I encourage CCL to keep on calling whom ever goes on the website.....I am a stock holder.:D

I have an idea, if you don't mind the phone calls then just post your phone number on here for everyone to use when signing up on the Carnival website and you can have all the phone calls that you can handle.:rolleyes:

Archived