Upgrade??

watergal

Looking for a bit of advice from the very experienced Princess sailors out there. Cruising on the Golden in the new year and reserved an AE category for a mini-suite and left the selection to the computer's spin-of-the-wheel. Received notice today of a mini-suite, close to the back of the ship. Has anyone stayed in the D600-632 block? Would appreciate any/all comments. The notification stated I could decline my 'upgrade' and while I really don't want to seem ungrateful or greedy, wondered if anyone has actually done that - and wished they hadn't.....or glad they did. :confused:

Looking for a bit of advice from the very experienced Princess sailors out there. Cruising on the Golden in the new year and reserved an AE category for a mini-suite and left the selection to the computer's spin-of-the-wheel. Received notice today of a mini-suite, close to the back of the ship. Has anyone stayed in the D600-632 block? Would appreciate any/all comments. The notification stated I could decline my 'upgrade' and while I really don't want to seem ungrateful or greedy, wondered if anyone has actually done that - and wished they hadn't.....or glad they did. :confused:

We prefer that area of the ship . Enjoy your cruise!

A co-worker and her son had one of these cabins. They were on the same cruise with us by coincidence. When we saw their cabin and compared it to ours, we were jealous. The minis are so much roomier than our regular balcony on the Aloha Deck. Some people don't like the uncovered balcony, but I think the extra space is worth it. Almost all minis have exposed balconies, except for the few ADs on the Emerald Deck.

Almost all the Mini's on the Golden are on the same deck, so the only real difference in category is location - front, middle, back.

In the past, we always end up in the front of the ship with a

guarantee, but we have a 700 Mini for our cruise on the Golden in December. I can let you know when we get back how it compares...

You got upgraded to an AB mini in the second best sector for motion on that deck which IMO is pretty good. When we had a AE gty on Grand we got an AC near the bow. We've had cabins in that sector previously and found being in between the middle and rear elevators and stairs very convenient. You could have gotten one of those badly laid out AE minis very near the stern.

For our upcoming Emerald cruise we selected a cabin just before the rear elevators.

Appreciate the replies regarding our 'appointed' cabin. We've sailed on the Golden before, but I seem to recall we were in a mini-suite more midship. Just wondering about motion, etc., more to the stern. Regardless, we'll enjoy. Again, many thanks to those of you who took the time to reply. :)

Archived