Military Discount Verification

elzapato

Did anyone who used the military discount receive any type of verificaton when they sent their documents in? I've e-mailed and faxed ours in (can you tell I'm paranoid?) but haven't received any kind of acknowledgement that they have what they need.

I haven't used military rate yet, so I don't know if they send receipt of your DD214.

I have sent in proof showing eligibility for interline rate and have never received confirmation it was received.

I always call the person I booked with and make sure they have it.

Yes, we received an e-mail from the Guest Administration Dept thanking us for providing the required documentation for special military rates. They then went on to say that the submitted documentation met their requirements and our reservation would be updated accordingly.

There is a phone # on the bottom of the letter for the Interline Dept. It is 1-800-819-3902. You may want to call this number and inquire if they received your DD-214.

Good Luck. :)

Over the years we have had to resubmit the info to them 3 times. They need to update it periodically. A couple of weeks ago my PVP emailed me asking for my DD214 and his ID. Since we book two cabins if we are booked at the military rate we have to have a service member or vet in that cabin. I emailed the DD214 and snapped a picture of his ID on my phone then emailed that to her. She simply said thanks. I have never received verification from them in the past.

Did anyone who used the military discount receive any type of verificaton when they sent their documents in? I've e-mailed and faxed ours in (can you tell I'm paranoid?) but haven't received any kind of acknowledgement that they have what they need.

Just wanted to thank you for your service. Oohhh Rahhhh.:)

I've used the "military rate" a bunch of times, and sometimes they acknowledge the receipt of the paperwork,,,and sometimes they don't! As a matter of fact, sometimes they tell me that I no longer need to fax the paperwork? I almost always call to verify that the discount has been applied, and that they did indeed, receive my paperwork,,,when they've asked for it. Same deal with all the other discounts as well, ie: shareholders discount and future cruise discount. I'd just give 'em a call, and make sure everything is O.K., and they don't need anything else.

"SKY"

for my interline rates, they usually email me and let me know the fax did not go through.

i believe with the special rates, you have a certain number of days in which to provide proof of the discount. you will be hearing from them if you did not fax it in for sure. but you can always call and verify.

Yes, we received an e-mail from the Guest Administration Dept thanking us for providing the required documentation for special military rates. They then went on to say that the submitted documentation met their requirements and our reservation would be updated accordingly.

There is a phone # on the bottom of the letter for the Interline Dept. It is 1-800-819-3902. You may want to call this number and inquire if they received your DD-214.

Good Luck. :)

Ditto - I got an e-mail back pretty quickly when I e-mailed a copy of my ID card. If you haven't heard anything, I'd give them a quick call and check. One less thing to worry about. :)

I also got an email back from interline thanking me for the documentation and saying that it was sufficient proof of military service -- I didn't have the DD214, but instead scanned my husband's certificate of honorable discharge.

Keep in mind that November begins "Military Friends and Family" month, so if you have 2 or 3 cabins booked, you can call on Nov. 1st and get the military rate applied to your additional cabins.

I also got an email back from interline thanking me for the documentation and saying that it was sufficient proof of military service -- I didn't have the DD214, but instead scanned my husband's certificate of honorable discharge.

Keep in mind that November begins "Military Friends and Family" month, so if you have 2 or 3 cabins booked, you can call on Nov. 1st and get the military rate applied to your additional cabins.

Okay...this brings up questions for me. Does 'military and friends' include survivors?

I an a Vietnam widow...he was KIA so I have a military ID that says AD-DEC for Active Duty Deceased. I've heard (on Cruise Critics) that we aren't eligible for the discounts, but I'm not sure because when I went on my last cruise and went to use it, she said it wasn't needed since my roommate was military, it covered both of us.

Was wondering, if we weren't included, if we would be during this month. Does it just need to be booked during November, or does the cruise actually have to take place in November? I know they would tell me over the phone, but I have a profound hearing loss since birth, and don't do phones, so would have to ask someone to find out for me, and would rather find out what I can on my own.

Thanks.

We have used the military discount 4 out of our last 5 cruises. Since 2009 we have not had to resubmit a DD214 - they say it is on file when I book using the military rate directly with Carnival. It sure saves a little effort in not having to fax the form and ID as before.

Okay...this brings up questions for me. Does 'military and friends' include survivors?

I an a Vietnam widow...he was KIA so I have a military ID that says AD-DEC for Active Duty Deceased. I've heard (on Cruise Critics) that we aren't eligible for the discounts, but I'm not sure because when I went on my last cruise and went to use it, she said it wasn't needed since my roommate was military, it covered both of us.

Was wondering, if we weren't included, if we would be during this month. Does it just need to be booked during November, or does the cruise actually have to take place in November? I know they would tell me over the phone, but I have a profound hearing loss since birth, and don't do phones, so would have to ask someone to find out for me, and would rather find out what I can on my own,.

Thanks.

The military rate is available all year. In November they offer the friends and family rate that allows the military rate to be extended to 2 more cabins. You can take the cruise in any month, not just Nov.

I'm not sure if Carnival recognizes 'survivors'. You can go to Carnival.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page to "contact us". You can send an email with your question or maybe ask a friend to call for you. Good luck.

Carnival's eligibility requirements doesn't really address AD-DEC. It will probably take a phone call to Carnival for a decision.

ELIGIBLE PERSONNEL

The military promotion is available to the following members of the United States Military:

* Active Personnel

* Spouses of active Military personnel called to active duty or stationed overseas will be eligible to book one

cabin as long as the eligible spouse is occupying this cabin. The spouse must provide proof of eligibility by

submitting a copy of the offi cial military orders and/or duties documentation and proof of marriage.

* Reserve Personnel

* Active Cadets

* U.S Coast Guard Personnel

* Active member of the National Guard

* Uniformed members of the USPHS (U.S Public Health Services)

* Retired Personnel

* Retired member of the National Guard

* Honorably Discharged member of the National Guard

* Veterans, defi ned as: Individuals who have actively served in the Military for at least two years or during a war

time period and have been honorably discharged.

Good luck and thanks so much for your sacrifice.

Archived