The price for the dates I'm sailing are going up and up and UP!

carbreylynn

For my Jan 7th cruise we paid $10 less pp for a balcony than the current price for an inside, and the price for a balcony is $190 pp more : / all my dreams for an ES price drop have disappeared! I guess its good we booked when it was low!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

I booked ES thinking our cruise price would go down but all it did was go up, uP, UP! I'm curious who gets these price reductions, are they people who book when the rates are UP?!?

Or maybe not. We booked extremely low inside, then last week received an upsell on a balcony, price was too good to be true! Since there were no other balconies available, I priced the same cruise at the same time next year. It appears if I booked next year's SAME cruise with the upsell, it would cost me another $300!

I booked ES for the first time on my Valor cruise and not one single price drop. The price for it continued to go up and up. I just hung up the phone with Carnival 20 minutes ago checking prices for the Spirit to Alaska next year. I can book an interline rate for about the same price as early saver. Interline is $150 cheaper than the regular list price. I'm thinking I should go ahead and book it. With Alaska being so popular, I really can't see any ES price drops. Ugghhh!

I booked ES thinking our cruise price would go down but all it did was go up, uP, UP! I'm curious who gets these price reductions, are they people who book when the rates are UP?!?

1 of our cruises has never gone down since we booked it. We know that we booked it at it's lowest price. Another cruise we have already gotten a nice OBC. Didn't think we were going to see any reduction since it was already a great price.

You get OBC when you book the cruise when the rates are up and then the price drops. So if you hear of people getting OBC because of price reduction, it just means they booked the cruise at a higher price.

We booked Early Saver for our cove balcony for 3 on the Dream in May, for March 2012. The total price has dropped $40. My sister in law waited to book until last week for the same cruise. The price for 2 people went up $300, Early Saver no longer available. I didn't have the heart to tell her. Our PVP told her to book earlier next time if she could.

Archived