Just off the Liberty Fun 2.0...first cruise out of drydock...Loved It!!!!

reeree313

For your DoD needs, lol. John Heald just posted this:

John Heald

I had been asked about the Funship Special glasses on the Carnival Liberty....here is the news on that from the beard in charge."

We expanded the offering by adding ceramic glasses, plastic yards and other unique glasses. We were not going to offer the “hurricane” logoed glass at all, but added an upgraded clear plastic Hurricane with a colored logo which can be purchased through our frozen drink program where you can purchase the glass for $9.95 and receive 16 oz frozen cocktails in that glass for the price of 12 oz during the entire cruise."

This is just for the Carnival Liberty and I will post photos of the new glasses soon.

Ok, people must've LOVED the Liberty because NO ONE has posted a review and it seems like whenever someones has a gripe about their cruise, they rush to CC to complain in a review.

Ok, back to packing ... 4 more sleeps until we fly to Miami and board the Liberty on Saturday!

No it is not, Serenity is all the way in front by the spa and camp carnival.

Oh, okay, I thought there was an adults only pool in the Serenity area but checked the deck plans and it doesn't look like there is. So there is the Serenity area which is for adults only as well as an adults only pool?

Ok, people must've LOVED the Liberty because NO ONE has posted a review and it seems like whenever someones has a gripe about their cruise, they rush to CC to complain in a review.

Ok, back to packing ... 4 more sleeps until we fly to Miami and board the Liberty on Saturday!

That's very true. I am (im)patiently waiting for some good reviews.

Just got home from the Liberty. We were the first 2.0 cruise out of drydock. I will post a review with pictures soon, but I can't find my camera and i'm not feeling so good.

Got to meet JH...and he sent gifts to my daughter...:)

The ship looks great, Guys burgers are AMAZING...

The Lido deck looks great with the Rum Bar and Tequila Bar...

The EA Sports bar was packed the whole week...

The Punchliners comedy club was great and the comedian was hysterical, can't wait to do THAT again!!!

No more of those glasses with the DOD in them and I miss that immensely... I wanted my picture with "The Best Day Ever" glass and my toes...instead they put them in a regular glass. Something so small was sorely missed. They do have new "by the yard" glasses, but they just are not the same :mad:

About Butch, the CD...Loved him and the entire entertainment staff. They really made a difference in our experience.

We got rerouted from Grand Cayman to Grand Turk because of Hurricane Rina...I had always wanted to go there so it was lovely and a welcomed change. However, the weather between Cozumel and Ocho Rios was HORRIBLE and on the 12 cruises that I have been on, this was the roughest I had experienced because we were riding on the outskirts of the hurricane until we could get away from it. Certainly not Carnival's fault about the weather, just mentioning it.

We met some great people and had a blast. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know and I'll answer them....

Soon, I will write the review :cool:

Thanks for the info!! We sail in 11 days and are sooo excited!!

Can't wait to read your review!

The Serenity area is on 2 levels at the front of the ship-10th and 11th deck. 2 hot tubs, oversized chairs, hammocks and a great breeze!

The Alchemy bar has a fabulous menu of very unique drinks and a really great staff of "chemists" to mix for you! I spend most evenings there!

Guy's burgers and fries are to die for! Lots of condiments you can add yourself-sauteeded mushrooms and onions, pickles, more lettuce and tomatoes and neat sauces such as chipotle-really messy but so worth the work to eat!

The Red Frog Rum Bar and the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar had guitar players some nights that alternated playing. A great sound to listen to in the evening.

I did not miss the calypso music by the pool-the DJ's did a great job with the music-and Butch, the CD, really kept the parties hopping!!

The burrito/taco bar (by the Blue Iguana) had some great shrimp, chicken and beef burritos-there were even breakfast burritos available in the am.

The aft pool is still adults only in the pool and the security staff did a good job policing the area to keep it that way.

I had the good luck of running in to John Heald several times (found his hiding spots!) and enjoyed the gifts he sent to our room-and I did not even ask for anything-he insisted!

We did miss Grand Caymen but we were forwarned at least a day in advance that it was going to possibly happen and then another letter letting us know that the itinerary had changed-The evening we spent skirting the storm was a doosey! The roughest I had ever been thru, but never felt unsafe-the captain did a great job.

I have my future cruise certificate in hand and can hardly wait until our next cruise!

Diane

Just a heads up guys. Parking at Port of Miami is $20 a day which is outright extortion.

When cruising out of Tampa, I have used a company called Premier Parking USA (just Google them) who saved me a ton. I intend to use them for this trip out of Miami - for the first time so no guarantees - but their quote is only $76.89 and they operate a free shuttle from their facility to the port. Looks like a very short drive over the bridge to the port. Just call them when you get back and they will come pick you up.

That's $63 to spend on other things! (You can buy me a drink if you'd like) :p

I too love reading the reviews but reallllly would LOVE to see some pictures! I do so understand it takes time to get a grip on real life again and then find the time to do what all we have to do to post pictures...I too will wait with a happy face! ;) We said the Liberty in October of next year!

I too love reading the reviews but reallllly would LOVE to see some pictures! I do so understand it takes time to get a grip on real life again and then find the time to do what all we have to do to post pictures...I too will wait with a happy face! ;) We said the Liberty in October of next year!

I started a review on Liberty 2.0 but for some reason I am not able to post pictures

on the Dream they had the grill (burger/fires) open at midnight... what did they have open besides the Pizza station at night on Liberty?

from the pictures of the fries from Guys' they look more like Steak fries.. not a fan..

at the EA Sports Bar they show pictures of game controllers... what games were available? they charge to play?

did they add brunch to the main dining room? if so what hours do they run breakfast/brunch/lunch.. seems like it would all run into one another.

Can someone tell me what the hours are for the Guy burgers and burritos? So they've discontinued the other things that they used to serve at the regular grill....like chicken fingers and such, completely? And the other lido grill is just sitting empty now (it has been that way on my last 2 cruises anyway)?

I'm still confused on what happened to the old grill (where they had burgers, dogs, fries, chicken strips, nacho stuff) & the food it contained? Obviously, burger & fries are now at Guys, but how about the rest? What are they using that area for now? Thx!

I'm still confused on what happened to the old grill (where they had burgers, dogs, fries, chicken strips, nacho stuff) & the food it contained? Obviously, burger & fries are now at Guys, but how about the rest? What are they using that area for now? Thx!

Anyone out there just back form the Liberty know?? :)

Archived