Just off the Liberty Fun 2.0...first cruise out of drydock...Loved It!!!!

reeree313

Just got home from the Liberty. We were the first 2.0 cruise out of drydock. I will post a review with pictures soon, but I can't find my camera and i'm not feeling so good.

Got to meet JH...and he sent gifts to my daughter...:)

The ship looks great, Guys burgers are AMAZING...

The Lido deck looks great with the Rum Bar and Tequila Bar...

The EA Sports bar was packed the whole week...

The Punchliners comedy club was great and the comedian was hysterical, can't wait to do THAT again!!!

No more of those glasses with the DOD in them and I miss that immensely... I wanted my picture with "The Best Day Ever" glass and my toes...instead they put them in a regular glass. Something so small was sorely missed. They do have new "by the yard" glasses, but they just are not the same :mad:

About Butch, the CD...Loved him and the entire entertainment staff. They really made a difference in our experience.

We got rerouted from Grand Cayman to Grand Turk because of Hurricane Rina...I had always wanted to go there so it was lovely and a welcomed change. However, the weather between Cozumel and Ocho Rios was HORRIBLE and on the 12 cruises that I have been on, this was the roughest I had experienced because we were riding on the outskirts of the hurricane until we could get away from it. Certainly not Carnival's fault about the weather, just mentioning it.

We met some great people and had a blast. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know and I'll answer them....

Soon, I will write the review :cool:

No more of those glasses with the DOD in them and I miss that immensely... I wanted my picture with "The Best Day Ever" glass and my toes...instead they put them in a regular glass. Something so small was sorely missed. They do have new "by the yard" glasses, but they just are not the same :mad:

I'm really hoping this isn't fleet wide and that maybe they just didn't have any. This too makes me sad.

I cannot wait to see pictures and read more about all the changes.

We go one week from today on the Liberty. Looking forward to your review and pictures. What we've seen so far looks great. Now to be naive here.....what is DOD. My mind refuses to decipher. ;-)

Glad you had fun. We can't wait!

The DOD is the Drink of the Day...used to come in those colorful, silly shaped plastic cups with fun sayings on them...

Hooray! I've been watching all day for someone to post! My DH said, "honey, they have to get home first!"

Looking forward to info and pictures. We have a B2B on Liberty this spring. Booked it way before all the changes were announced! :D

I will also miss the dod glasses... always have them on embarkation day...

Please post a pic of the new glasses the drinks are in....

I hope Carnival sees the disappointment among the passengers and brings the dod glasses back... its just a little thing... but something that keeps us smiling :D

I was just looking at the Red Frog Pub and Blue Iguana menus and it says "purchase a souvenir glass for 9.95 and get 16 oz frozen favorites all cruise long at the regular 12 oz price of 7.25" JH says he's going to post a pic of the new glasses.

I think we have all been eagerly awaiting your return!!! Can't wait for someone to throw up a review with pics!! Thanks for taking the time to post this. Maybe someone forgot to stock the glasses before sail away!!!:D Hoping this was not permanent!! I REALLY want a Best Day Ever glass as well...Filled with liquid heavenliness!!!

I was just looking at the Red Frog Pub and Blue Iguana menus and it says "purchase a souvenir glass for 9.95 and get 16 oz frozen favorites all cruise long at the regular 12 oz price of 7.25" JH says he's going to post a pic of the new glasses.

Looking forward to the pictures. I loved the old DOD glasses.

I am thrilled to see this! I'm hoping for a whole bunch of reviews and pictures.... 7 more weeks wait for me!!! Those Guy burgers look amazing....

For me the DOD glasses are good change. We have quite a few now and I honestly have no more cabinet space for them at home. I don't care what I drink the DOD in... I can do it in a regular glass just fine. I may though invest in one of those 16 oz souvenir glasses and get it refilled for the 12 oz price... :)

Archived