monarch of the seas ... info needed

casperbks

I just booked a cruise for three friends to go on the Monarch of the Seas out of Port Canaveral on Nov 14th. Can anyone give me any info about the ship like things I need to know or hints that you may have. Our cabin is 5559 but I cant find out how this cabin will hold three adults?? Are there any must do things on the ship?? Thank you for all of your help!!!!:o

I just booked a cruise for three friends to go on the Monarch of the Seas out of Port Canaveral on Nov 14th. Can anyone give me any info about the ship like things I need to know or hints that you may have. Our cabin is 5559 but I cant find out how this cabin will hold three adults?? Are there any must do things on the ship?? Thank you for all of your help!!!!:o

Twin beds on the floor, and two pullman beds that fold down from the ceiling.:eek:

As for things to do:

Find the Schooner bar

Check out the Crown Lounge - turns into a nightclub at night.

Pool party on deck as you leave Nassau

Food in WJ is better than food in MDR

Sushi in Jade is great

the deck plans indicate that it has a third and forth pullman bed but thats gonna be TIGHT for 3 people :eek: no possible way to upgrade to a deck 9 SOV?

I've done 4 people in a room on the Monarch. (4 adult males between the ages of 20 and 32 at the time) It is a tight squeeze, but it saved us a few hundred dollars over getting two rooms.

I've been on Monarch several times, last time was end of Sept. the main showroom is way too small for the number of passengers. On the 4 day cruise on two nights they combine the headline show for both seatings and have the show at 7:45PM. I found out on previous cruises that if I went to early dinner and got to the showroom at 7:30, the late seating folks had every seat taken, so I missed those 2 shows. So on the next cruise I went to the WJ on those nights at 6:30, got to the showroom at 7:10 and got a good seat.

Monarch is a great ship. They repainted and cleaned it last May so it holds up pretty well. Crew are some of the friendliest in the fleet. It's a little more relaxed, if you go on board with a reasonable attitiude. I've been on Oasis and Allure and have not been disappointed with Monarch.

I've been on Monarch several times, last time was end of Sept. the main showroom is way too small for the number of passengers. On the 4 day cruise on two nights they combine the headline show for both seatings and have the show at 7:45PM. I found out on previous cruises that if I went to early dinner and got to the showroom at 7:30, the late seating folks had every seat taken, so I missed those 2 shows. So on the next cruise I went to the WJ on those nights at 6:30, got to the showroom at 7:10 and got a good seat.

Monarch is a great ship. They repainted and cleaned it last May so it holds up pretty well. Crew are some of the friendliest in the fleet. It's a little more relaxed, if you go on board with a reasonable attitiude. I've been on Oasis and Allure and have not been disappointed with Monarch.

Now THIS is why I love reading CC! Now I will know about the "issue" with the earlier dinner time. Thanks!!!

We just got off the Monarch. And loved her!!! The best crew on any RCCI cruise we have taken to date. We even enjoyed MDR food this time....other cruises we usually ended up eating in WJ because we found food and service lacking in MDR...but not on Monarch. Ship was clean....entertainment was good. We so enjoyed this cruise we are ready to go again!!! :D

• 1 month later...

Yep, can't go wrong on the Monarch! We had a blast on it in October. We are going back on it in January! The food was great both in the MDR and in Windjammer (buffet). And it is a very relaxed and enjoyable ship. The crew is the BEST! After being on Carnival and Norwegian, we LOVE RCI the most! Have a great trip!!!

Archived