Baggage Check In

billylen

Sailing out of LA in a little over a month (excited!) I want to check my bags in with the porters and meet some friends at a local hotel prior to actual passenger check in. Does anyone know how early you can drop your bags off at the port of LA? I am hoping as early as 9AM.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know about LA, but at other ports, it is about 10am
Many passengers are still disembarking at 9am so it's unlikely they will accept your luggage. The porters will be busy with them. 10 am is a much more likely time, even in San Pedro. You can always try it but expect to wait around an hour or so; the last thing you want is your luggage accidentally mixed up with disembarking luggage.

We have arrived at several sailing ports (San Pedro, Port Everglades, Port of Miami, Vancouver ,Barcelona, Harwich) as early as 8:00am and have "Never" had any problem giving our luggage tagged bags to one of the luggage handlers that early..but I do always say something as I hand over my tip and watch where the bags are taken ..have also seen many others doing the same, it's not really that unusual..Also as far as San Pedro (a port I have sailed out of many many times) where you drop off your bags is a different area than where those just getting off are picking their bags up...

Sailed out of San Pedro many times. They can not accept luggage until they have the manifest. We have never been able to drop off luggage before 10:30am

Hmmm...Not my experience sailing out of San Pedro with RCI..perhaps PCL policy is different...

Hmmm, since 911 I thought they were a lot more selective & required that your name be listed ...somewhere. Maybe wishful thinkinkg on my part :rolleyes:

The porters who take your luggage do not check any manifest, they just take it and put it on a cart. Sooner or later they push the loaqded cart to where the x-ray machines are.

Archived