Current quick notes from the Legend

MagSeven1413

-Our cruise itinerary reverted back to the original itinerary sometime Saturday. I double checked when we boarded too.

-Tampa embarkation was one of the smoothest we've ever experienced.

-The advantages of having a smart phone on embarkation was great as Facebook postings and our roll call postings let me meet in person several of our roll call cruisers while still in the terminal.

-Our roll call met at the funnel as we approached the bridge and I got some group photos for everyone.

-Food has been very good.

-No lines in any of the buffets. Omelets have been quick and delicious. No one seems to mind whether the omelet cook is using one, two or three skillets at a time to make the omelets. No need to nit pick that as others have done.

-Our roll call cocktail party was a blast! We had 34 attendees and Carnival was very gracious and bent over backwards to accomodate us.

-The Carnival Legend employee I dealt with for the party even sent Wee Jimmy down to chat and meet everyone. She and I had a nice talk about Cruise Critic since she wondered why I was hesitant to say we were from CC.

-Nachi Cocum was everything people have said it is. There was more than enough food for the 6 of us.

-Currently sitting on the ship in Belize waiting for the all clear to use the tenders for general purposes...seems to be a 'medical situation' down at the gangway. I guess the excursions have already left (it's after 10am).

More later.

-Our cruise itinerary reverted back to the original itinerary sometime Saturday. I double checked when we boarded too.

-Tampa embarkation was one of the smoothest we've ever experienced.

-The advantages of having a smart phone on embarkation was great as Facebook postings and our roll call postings let me meet in person several of our roll call cruisers while still in the terminal.

-Our roll call met at the funnel as we approached the bridge and I got some group photos for everyone.

-Food has been very good.

-No lines in any of the buffets. Omelets have been quick and delicious. No one seems to mind whether the omelet cook is using one, two or three skillets at a time to make the omelets. No need to nit pick that as others have done.

-Our roll call cocktail party was a blast! We had 34 attendees and Carnival was very gracious and bent over backwards to accomodate us.

-The Carnival Legend employee I dealt with for the party even sent Wee Jimmy down to chat and meet everyone. She and I had a nice talk about Cruise Critic since she wondered why I was hesitant to say we were from CC.

-Nachi Cocum was everything people have said it is. There was more than enough food for the 6 of us.

-Currently sitting on the ship in Belize waiting for the all clear to use the tenders for general purposes...seems to be a 'medical situation' down at the gangway. I guess the excursions have already left (it's after 10am).

More later.

Thanks for the update. How's the weather and what is the sea state?

Hope you continue to have a blast!!!:D

I'll try to answer previous questions....

Weather was rainy the morning of Cozumel but cleared up most of the afternoon. We have sailed through rain squalls but nothing bad. Last night we were in the clubs and the comedy club and didn't realize that it was raining like the devil outside. Our friends said that they couldn't sit on the balcony. However, the seas have been very quiet.

We bought another Tarkay painting at the art auction on Monday; got an excellent deal on that piece. That makes 6 in our collection.

Today it felt like 90 in Belize. Sunny, hot and humid. We spent our time at the port shopping and then had lunch at the Wet Lizard. My DW bought a beautiful tanzanite ring in Tanzanite International after they discounted the price by an additional $750. I swear the DI stores remind me of the Wings stores in the Outer Banks - they are everywhere. LOL

We got back on the ship around 3pm and went to the Serenity area, which has been anything but. There has been a group of 10-12 drunk obnoxious adults hanging out in the pool, so my DW and I just climb to the next deck and lay out. It's an easy walk to the fresh water shower next to the pool when we need to get soaked.

Tonight the 6 of us are eating at the Steakhouse.

As far as the cocktail party, it was a 2 hour open bar that came with dry snacks like chips and goldfish. We had 2 wait staff that worked their tails off. Even though Carnival says that the price only includes well alcohol, beer and frozen drinks, they gave the group anything we requested. I ran a 50/50 drawing which gave the staff an extra $38 apiece for tips (tips are included in the price of the party). We also had a grab bag exchange that lasted almost an hour.

Tomorrow in Roatan we have a VB excursion scheduled and for the Caymans we rented John Michael Stafford's boat for 6 hours.

More to come. When we get back home, I'll go into more detail.

I'll try to answer previous questions....

Weather was rainy the morning of Cozumel but cleared up most of the afternoon. We have sailed through rain squalls but nothing bad. Last night we were in the clubs and the comedy club and didn't realize that it was raining like the devil outside. Our friends said that they couldn't sit on the balcony. However, the seas have been very quiet.

We bought another Tarkay painting at the art auction on Monday; got an excellent deal on that piece. That makes 6 in our collection.

Today it felt like 90 in Belize. Sunny, hot and humid. We spent our time at the port shopping and then had lunch at the Wet Lizard. My DW bought a beautiful tanzanite ring in Tanzanite International after they discounted the price by an additional $750. I swear the DI stores remind me of the Wings stores in the Outer Banks - they are everywhere. LOL

We got back on the ship around 3pm and went to the Serenity area, which has been anything but. There has been a group of 10-12 drunk obnoxious adults hanging out in the pool, so my DW and I just climb to the next deck and lay out. It's an easy walk to the fresh water shower next to the pool when we need to get soaked.

Tonight the 6 of us are eating at the Steakhouse.

As far as the cocktail party, it was a 2 hour open bar that came with dry snacks like chips and goldfish. We had 2 wait staff that worked their tails off. Even though Carnival says that the price only includes well alcohol, beer and frozen drinks, they gave the group anything we requested. I ran a 50/50 drawing which gave the staff an extra $38 apiece for tips (tips are included in the price of the party). We also had a grab bag exchange that lasted almost an hour.

Tomorrow in Roatan we have a VB excursion scheduled and for the Caymans we rented John Michael Stafford's boat for 6 hours.

More to come. When we get back home, I'll go into more detail.

Sounds like y'all are having the best time. Wish we could add 2 for the steakhouse tonight. :D

It rained alot in for our cruise in Octoberl. Hoping our Christmas cruise is hot and sunny and calm. 45 days, wishing it was ZERO!!!!

Thanks so much for the updates. Enjoy!!!!!!!

My wife is onboard your ship with her mother and sister while I'm home with the kids. Tell her hello and thanks a lot!! Lol

Is that sarcasm I hear??? J/K You are a wonderful and kind husband to stay home and let her go on vacation while you babysit the kids. Kodos to you!!

What is a 50/50 drawing?

It's also called 'half the take'. In our situation, everyone that was interested contirbuted $5 and their name went into a hat. Once the money is collected, a name was drawn and that person got half of what was collected and the rest went to the wait staff.

So last evening when I got back to the cabin, a very nice Carnival employee delivered a bottle of champagne, a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a ship on a stick compliments of Wee Jimmy and the entertainment staff. I can only surmise that it's due to the cocktail party I organized. Talk about a surprise!

This is going to sound odd, but I have a question about the outlet in the cabin - can you please tell me if it's flush with the face plate, or if the outlet itself is recessed (sitting back in a bit from the wall)? We've seen a couple of pictures where it looks like the outlet is housed in a box, and not flat to the wall - that would make a BIG difference to the multi-plug adaptor we need to bring for our Dec. cruise. Thanks in advance for any assistance!!

Is that sarcasm I hear??? J/K You are a wonderful and kind husband to stay home and let her go on vacation while you babysit the kids. Kodos to you!!

It's the first cruise without me. I worked for a cruise line in the 90's but we still cruise together frequently. She works ridiculously hard at 2 jobs and deserves the vacation away from all of us as well. :)

-The Carnival Legend employee I dealt with for the party even sent Wee Jimmy down to chat and meet everyone. She and I had a nice talk about Cruise Critic since she wondered why I was hesitant to say we were from CC

Wait- Wee Jimmy is a woman? Or am I reading this wrong?

Hi Joe and Kim

We were just wondering how sticky the ship is about the number of bottles of water/pop you can bring on board? Do they allow passengers after embarking to bring on any pop/juice at the visiting ports?

Glad to hear that you had a good cruise.

Archived