What ships have you sailed on and which one/s is/are your favourite/s?

I've cruised on every P&O (Aust) since the Fairstar, names of which escape me (senior moment), Minguah, two of the Russian line, Cunard, P&O...Orcades and Oriana back in the 60's, a couple of Carnival - Triumph and Valor out of Florida, two Holland American, MSC Lirica, and Pacific Princess, Dawn and Sun Princess. But my all time favourite ship was Crown Princess - mainly because the itinerary was fantastic Venice to Rome via Turkey and Greek Islands. I would love to have another cruise on the Crown but with more sea days to enjoy the ship.

But having said all that, sea days on P&O (Aust) can't be beaten for fun, relaxation and atmosphere.

I sailed on the Oriana 30 years ago and nothing since. But now I am booked on the Queen Mary for March and Liberty of the Seas Med cruise in July.

I think you might notice just a tiny difference!!!!!!

Barry

Our top three would probably be Aurora, Diamond Princess, and Grand Princess.

All great ships but the Grand Princess would win the contest because of the International Cafe in the Atrium. This was installed in April this year and it is a shame they didn't do the same to the Diamond Princess during her last refit.

Don

Glad to here Theid loved the Summit as we are going on her Oct "12" to Canada/New England.

I loved the Zaandam when I sailed on her in Alaska in 2007...HAL is a very good company. Also loved the Pacific Princess, she was gorgeous and very personal. I am about to go on my 11th cruise this time on Radiance of the Seas so will be interesting how RCL compares with the others. I probably would not sail P&O again it is a bit like a RSL club at sea. We still had a good time but over the last 14 years since I first sailed on Fair Princess P&O has gone down hill in my opinion.

Louise

I think you might notice just a tiny difference!!!!!!

Barry

:p well I hope I notice a difference between the oriana and the other two. Really disliked our oriana experience. I am travelling with my 83 year old mother on the Queen Mary and my hubby on the Liberty so again, big difference. You seem to be a Cunard fan, tell me more:D

Love the Rhapsody in fact I am trying to book her tonight for 3 weeks time, last minute decision. It will the first ship I have been on twice :)

Awwww...I love the Rhapsody too Wild!! :) I haven't been on the Diamond Princess yet but it looks very nice as well...did you enjoy it?

I think you'll love the Radiance if you loved Rhapsody. ;):)

Awwww...I love the Rhapsody too Wild!! :) I haven't been on the Diamond Princess yet but it looks very nice as well...did you enjoy it?

I think you'll love the Radiance if you loved Rhapsody. ;):)

Hi yes I loved the Diamond Princess it is a beautiful ship, I think I love Rhapsody because it is the first time I did traditional dining and I loved it. I totally got what everyone says how the waiters etc look after you because they get to know you, also it was my first cruise that I got towel animals lol. Probably it was a fantastic cruise weather wise and everything went to plan that I enjoyed it so much. I am looking for to Radiance next year, then I will try Voyager. :)

I have been on six ships so far, and each have their pros and cons.

In lowest to highest:

6) Diamond Princess - didn't like the ship and didn't like Princess :o

5) Pacific Sun - Just found it a bit too crowded

4) Carnival Valor- Larger version of the Pacific Sun lol, but no crowds :p

3) Celebrity Infinity - Very first cruise. Great cruise, just a bit too upmarket for a then 20 year old;)

2) Voyager of the Seas - Fantastic Ship. Was a dream come true!!

1) Rhapsody of the Seas - I call her 'Home', because she is warm, inviting and comfortable.:) The crew are the best I've ever come across.

Canberra around Fiji and also part World Cruise, Mmm that was a looong time ago. LOL

Fairstar

Oriana

Dawn Princess more than once (My favourite by far, Staff and Crew are the best. They do you proud Princess.

In the future Sun,Diamond,Pacific Jewel?

Dream about going on the Crown and Grand Princess.

Cheers

I thought the Diamond was my favourite until I went on the Crown Princess in September.

It is fabulous, so many extra features including the International Cafe and the Sushi Bar.

A little crowded with the extra 500 passengers on a ship the same size as the Diamond. We were on the T/A and with the colder weather most people tended to stay indoors. Looking forward to another cruise on this lovely ship.

• 3 weeks later...

In order of my cruises, first to last:

Superstar Virgo - Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand

Monarch of the Seas - Southern Caribbean

Carnival Paradise - Mexican Riviera

Oceania's Nautica - New Zealand

Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean

For me, my favourite cruise was our most recent on Freedom of the Seas. I loved, loved, loved the ship (although 3rd biggest after Oasis and Allure, not TOO big at all) and, whereas we have always had outside cabins, on her we had our first balcony cabin! Also, since the balcony was the most forward on the port side of Deck 9 so we could see forward as well as straight out - just fantastic!

However, the most special cruise ship we have been on was Nautica as it was such an intimate size and everyone was made to feel very special.

Our favourite has got to be the Ruby Princess... because 1. our first cruise...2 Sailed the Mediteranean and 3.the ship was less than twelve months old..... could not fault it although, having said all that, the Rhapsody of the Seas comes a close second. A smaller ship but so open, light and friendly. Looking forward to sailing on Radiance , we dont expect it to neccessarily be "better" than Rhapsody just different... but hey, a bad days cruising still beats a good day working anytime.

Oasis of the Seas- who said bigger isn't better! And it did not even feel crowded!

Others in order of best to worse

Independence of the Seas

Carnival Dream

Disney Dream

Grand Princess

Superstar Virgo

Carnival Spirit

Dawn Princess

Fairstar

Disney Magic

Costa Pacifica-

Jennie

Hello Nikki and Betty, I remember you two from the Diamond Princess last year . . . what a fantastic cruise ... gotta love the Diamond Princess.

Hi Tamara

Gotta love any cruise I say especially on the Diamond.

We are going on the Sun Princess in January, similar to the Dawn I expect. Hope all is well with you!

Hi Tamara

Gotta love any cruise I say especially on the Diamond.

We are going on the Sun Princess in January, similar to the Dawn I expect. Hope all is well with you!

I'm doing OK, still have good days and bad days, but that's to be expected, I guess. I'm searching for my next cruise and am searching for solo deals and at the moment love the look of Celebrity Solstice ... but would like to do something early next year ... will just wait and see what jumps out at me!!! Enjoy your Sun Princess cruise ... I can't wait to have that feeling when you have a cruise booked and start the countdown.

I'm doing OK, still have good days and bad days, but that's to be expected, I guess. I'm searching for my next cruise and am searching for solo deals and at the moment love the look of Celebrity Solstice ... but would like to do something early next year ... will just wait and see what jumps out at me!!! Enjoy your Sun Princess cruise ... I can't wait to have that feeling when you have a cruise booked and start the countdown.

Tamara, your going to miss the boat if you keep procrastinating :p As Mr Nike says........JUST DO IT!

Tamara, your going to miss the boat if you keep procrastinating :p As Mr Nike says........JUST DO IT!

LOL Debsta ... I don't think I'll miss the boat . . . there are so many ships here next year and prices are coming down - I'm sure one will have a bed for me!! I just have a few issues to sort out at the moment, so I'm just enjoying my research (that's half the fun) ... just like Diamond last year, I'm sure everything will fall into place.

:)Tamarah Jetstar has big sale on...Gai and I flying to Melb to do the 2 days back to Sydney....

I know ... I saw that, but for some reason, it wasn't cheap prices for the trip I'm looking at to Sydney in late January ... don't know why!!! I've found a "possible" cruise that I'm looking at .... will send you an e-mail as I need some info from you.

Archived