What ships have you sailed on and which one/s is/are your favourite/s?

Oh well ...here goes.

I dont usually do a list of past cruises as it takes too long.

Here are the ships I have cruised on.

Some more than once

39 cruises so far ......

I want cruise no 40 to be a really good one ,

so am still looking:D

Canberra

Oriana

Arcadia...(now Pacific Pearl)

Norwegian Star

Vision of the Seas

Superstar Gemini

Regal Princess...(now Pacific Dawn)

Aurora

Pacific Sky

Crown Princess...(now Pacific Jewel)

Legend of the Seas

Pacific Princess

Amsterdam

Superstar Leo

Star Princess

QM 2

Norwegian dream

Tahitian Princess

Statendam

Seven Seas Mariner

Rotterdam

Dawn Princess

Diamond Princess

I have been on the Pacific Star (twice) (Would have been three times, but Thanks to a storm its was only twice), Pacific Sun (Three times), Volendam (Once), Sun Princess (Once), Pacific Pearl (twice + a VIP Lunch and tour of her :cool:)

I like all of them :), One thing I very much liked about the Volendam was that you could get out on her bow!, and I think the Pacific Star is my favourite as that was the one we did our first cruise on.

Not a long term cruiser- only started in 2008.

So far our favourite ship is Sapphire Princess.

However, have a soft spot for Pacific Dawn- our first cruise- we booked a balcony and were upgraded to a mini suite.

Also loved Carnival Spirit because we were in Alaska and Glacier Bay was Stunning- Not a cloud in the sky.

Ships I have cruised on... all on numerous occasions.

Fairstar. where I first met Demo.

Pacific Sky. most cruises 22. Demo again..worked his way up to CD...

Regal Princess.

Sapphire Princess.

Dawn Princess

Sun Princess.

Pacific Princess.

Superstar Leo.

Pacific Sun.

Pacific Star.

Pacific Dawn.

Pacific Jewel.

Norwegian Star (australia)... Demo again, he was DJ.

Norwegian Star.international.

and the others I can't think of at present.

Best ships.....Pacific Princess...Sapphire Princess, and the Pacific Sky.

I've only sailed on 3 ships so far (sailing on a 4th in December). So far..

Rhapsody >> Pacific Dawn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pacific Sun

Mind you, even if their ships are older and not as nice, there are things that P&O do better than Royal Caribbean:

• I have faith that P&O's system would get the passengers off the ship relatively safely in case of an emergency. God help all who sail with Royal Caribbean - their system has no chance of working.
  • P&O's entertainment, particularly the ship's dance company, is better than Royal Caribbean's.
  • P&O are much better at scheduling their activities throughout the day, whereas Royal Caribbean seem to start them all at the same time - so you'll find yourself wanting to do 3 things at 10am, then nothing for the rest of the morning.

On the other hand:

• Royal Caribbean's Windjammer buffet is organised far, far better than P&O's buffet - and the food is better too.
  • The ships are newer, shinier and nicer in general.
  • The service standard on Royal Caribbean far exceeds that offered by P&O. This was not always the case - P&O has deteriorated markedly over the last 3-4 years, since the competition started arriving. They've had to reduce their prices significantly to remain competitive and the other side of this coin has been a major reduction in the number of hotel & dining room staff - leading to a collapse in service standards.
  • There are just many more things to do on Royal Caribbean's ships, due to their improved size & layout.

we have been on the Rhapsody also but the Diamond Princess is so much better

In what way/s might I ask? I must say, I do like the looks of the Diamond Princess, unfortunately the itineraries it seems to do don't really suit my travel requirements at this stage...maybe one day. ;):)

Mind you, even if their ships are older and not as nice, there are things that P&O do better than Royal Caribbean:

• I have faith that P&O's system would get the passengers off the ship relatively safely in case of an emergency. God help all who sail with Royal Caribbean - their system has no chance of working.
  • P&O's entertainment, particularly the ship's dance company, is better than Royal Caribbean's.
  • P&O are much better at scheduling their activities throughout the day, whereas Royal Caribbean seem to start them all at the same time - so you'll find yourself wanting to do 3 things at 10am, then nothing for the rest of the morning.

On the other hand:

• Royal Caribbean's Windjammer buffet is organised far, far better than P&O's buffet - and the food is better too.
  • The service standard on Royal Caribbean far exceeds that offered by P&O. This was not always the case - P&O has deteriorated markedly over the last 3-4 years, since the competition started arriving. They've had to reduce their prices significantly to remain competitive and the other side of this coin has been a major reduction in the number of hotel & dining room staff - leading to a collapse in service standards.
  • There are just many more things to do on Royal Caribbean's ships, due to their improved size & layout.

Agree with just about everything you've said...at least comparing the Pacific Dawn to the Rhapsody. ;):) Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind the Dawn, but if I had a choice and it was as convenient to travel with RCL as it is with P&O in my case, RCL would get my patronage every time. :)

On the other hand:

Thats exactly what I think...If P&O had competive ships and prices....they would get me every time.They certainly are the best at entertainment and onboard activities....with the 1 exception that RCI has "quest"" the funiest night I have had on any of my 27 cruises

Col:)

Ships I have cruised on... all on numerous occasions.

Fairstar. where I first met Demo.

Pacific Sky. most cruises 22. Demo again..worked his way up to CD...

Regal Princess.

Sapphire Princess.

Dawn Princess

Sun Princess.

Pacific Princess.

Superstar Leo.

Pacific Sun.

Pacific Star.

Pacific Dawn.

Pacific Jewel.

Norwegian Star (australia)... Demo again, he was DJ.

Norwegian Star.international.

and the others I can't think of at present.

Best ships.....Pacific Princess...Sapphire Princess, and the Pacific Sky.

Forgot to add Oriana...:):)

Rhapsody (by far) and the whole RCL package! I am about to experience Princess for the first time, so I could be saying Diamond Princess at the end of the month:D

:D True!! You'll have to let us know what you think of Princess vs RCL. ;):)

I think its hard to put Princess up against RCL as it all depends which ship/ships , you are talking about.

eg...Diamond Princess beats Dawn/ Sun/ Sea Princess...at least in my book.:D

Very true as well...just like I'd expect Radiance and Voyager to be more interesting to me than Rhapsody because of what's onboard. ;):)

We like ships that retain or provide a real feeling that you are at sea and sailing - OK motoring! So we have affection for Pacific Princess - small by current standards and preferred HAL and Princess (Dawn and Sun) to Pacific Jewel, which did not have an open feel - few public areas apart from Lido and Oasis with views of the ocean or even a glimpse.

Colleen

In what way/s might I ask? I must say, I do like the looks of the Diamond Princess, unfortunately the itineraries it seems to do don't really suit my travel requirements at this stage...maybe one day. ;):)

to me the Diamond is 5 star and the Rhapsody is 4 star and on an even par with the Dawn & Sun Princess

I started my cruise obsession in 1980 on Oriana and really I think back to those days and nothing beats it. I love Princess for its wow factor for want of a word but the cruises I did on Oriana are my fondest holiday memories. I'm going of ROS in Dec so I'll reserve my judgement of another cruise line until then.

We have been on

SuperStar Gemini

Carnival Spirit

Carnival Freedom

Sapphire Princess

Diamond Princess

Rhapsody of the Seas

Dawn Princess

Star Princess.

My favorite is definitely the Star Princess( loved that International Cafe for snack brekky and lunch)

Archived